Law Supreme Court order allows Trump’s new green card rule to take effect

Lead

/Led/ blanket
Platinum Member
Reaction score
WASHINGTON (AP) — A divided Supreme Court on Monday allowed the Trump administration to put in place a policy connecting the use of public benefits with whether immigrants could become permanent residents.

The new policy can be used to deny green cards to immigrants over their use of public benefits including Medicaid, food stamps and housing vouchers, as well as other factors.

The justices' order came by a 5-4 vote and reversed a ruling from the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York that had kept in a place a nationwide hold on the policy following lawsuits that have been filed against it.

The court's four liberal justices, Stephen Breyer, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor, would have prevented the policy from taking effect.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politi...ows-trumps-new-green-card-rule-to-take-effect

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1ZQ24N

What's wrong with wanting people who immigrate to your country to be productive members of society? Not that everyone on food stamps necessarily isn't, but we're talking about immigrants by the millions.

He has made MASSIVE improvements with regard to illegal immigration.

I approve.

"In a separate opinion, Justice Neil Gorsuch urged his colleagues to confront the “real problem” of so-called nationwide injunctions, orders issued by a single judge that apply everywhere. In this case, even though the administration won rulings in two different appellate courts covering 14 states, its policy could not take effect."

Gorsuch coming out hard against injuctive relief? Interesting. Doesn't sound good.

On this ruling, isn't this a consideration in pretty much every country? If somebody could point me to the major downside of this (other than it being yet another anti-immigrant position of the administration backed by his judges), I'd appreciate it.

Are you having a stroke?
"Things aren't looking so dark"

Are you pretending you don't get what he's alluding to there? Probably, look who I'm talking to.

Now see this is why we need an AI Supreme Court. They're just voting along party lines, they couldn't care less about the constutition

"Things aren't looking so dark"

Are you pretending you don't get what he's alluding to there? Probably, look who I'm talking to.
Ah, you quoted somebody I usually ignore, so it didn't show. It looked like you were responding to the OP and it didn't make sense.

Reading it now, his comment could be sarcastically anti-racist or just racist. Not sure which side of the fence he's on when it comes to that stuff. From the context, I assume he was being sarcastic. Anyway, sorry for jumping the gun there.

He has made MASSIVE improvements with regard to illegal immigration.

I approve.

Damn Right!

it’s simply been amazing to see. The globalists class seethes with anger. They want the votes, they want the cheap labor, they want the street protection from patriotic Americans.

remember that Bernie used to be for closed borders as well, before the globalist identitarian lunatic left got to him.

This has been around since the immigration act of 1882, but good to know that the 4 left wing SCOTUS picks don't give a shit and voted to overturn longstanding rules to cost the country more money.

Damn Right!

it’s simply been amazing to see. The globalists class seethes with anger. They want the votes, they want the cheap labor, they want the street protection from patriotic Americans.

remember that Bernie used to be for closed borders as well, before the globalist identitarian lunatic left got to him.

Why have places like Virginia flipped to dem if the illegal immigrant vote is gone?

This is actually a big thing with Somalians and Ethiopians gaming the system. Russians, too. In Russia, they go to these classes that helps them maximize government handouts before they migrate to the US. They talked about this on JRE with Joey Diaz.

I dare anyone to listen from minute 4:00-5:13 and not seethe with anger.

we Work our asses off so someone can swim into America and then leech off of us for decades, and over 20 years, not even learn English or attempt to adopt the American way of life.

They hate us. It’s criminal. The Democratic Party in action.

Now see this is why we need an AI Supreme Court. They're just voting along party lines, they couldn't care less about the constutition
f3c8af975e16447b602f6b5c66ecefe9540968adv2_hq-1024x576.jpg

Ah, you quoted somebody I usually ignore, so it didn't show. It looked like you were responding to the OP and it didn't make sense.

Reading it now, his comment could be sarcastically anti-racist or just racist. Not sure which side of the fence he's on when it comes to that stuff. From the context, I assume he was being sarcastic. Anyway, sorry for jumping the gun there.
I'm hurt.

Damn Right!

I remember seeing you were unhappy with the wall. Have your feelings changed now that you’ve seen it’s a system of reforms that were needed to make impactful change?

FTR, I’m perfectly happy with the current wall that’s going up, I know I’m not getting over 20ft high steel barriers. It will stop all but the most determined, and the truth is, nothing will stop them.

Back