Law Supreme Court hearing first 2nd Amendment case in a decade

Farmer Br0wn

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/02/poli...ond-amendment-new-york-gun-control/index.html

An interesting case that could have far-reaching implications in preventing cities and states from being able to restrict when an individual carries a firearm out in public.

The city of New York even tried to change the law before this case made it to the Supreme Court in an attempt to make the case moot. An objective set of justices won't be very sympathetic to such legal maneuverings to prevent their judicial review.

We already know the four liberal judges will be sympathetic the the mootness argument because it falls in line with the thinking of their political tribe.

The four conservative justices are eager to reaffirm 2nd Amendment rights that have been infringed these past few decades.

It all boils down to Chief Justice John Roberts.

Roberts always seems to find a way to agree with the liberal-leaning judges whenever the court is presented with a case that grabs a lot of headlines.

I truly don't understand why some on the left acted like the confirmation of Justice Kavanaugh was going to be some world-ending event. We finally got the Supreme Court that had been advertised to us for years:

We have four liberal Justices.

We have four conservative Justices.

And we have a Swing Vote in John Roberts.

What say you War Room? How do you see this case going?

Unfortunately, I suspect John Roberts will utilize some form of mental gymnastics in order to side with the liberal-leaning justices, while attempting to maintain the veneer of impartiality.

I think the case is moot because NYC repealed its law

I wish they would get of the 2nd Amendment
it's outdated.

But the SC is still choosing to hear it, and thus set whatever its ruling is as precedent

So how the opinion is written will be big to determining how much restriction local laws can have on guns

As someone who lives in Illinois where localized "Assault weapon bans" have been popping up city to city and county to county mag restrictions, this case means a lot to me

Something something Obama's coming for muh guns.

2nd amendment is an outdated piece of the constitution and if you are against background checks and keeping guns out of mentally unstable hands then YOU are the problem. Fact is most republicans are scared of their own shadow but drape themselves in the 2a to feel safe from all the gays,blacks,and muslims out to "get" them
rxv8iearln141.png

Last edited:

2nd amendment is an outdated piece of the constitution and if you are against background checks and keeping guns out of mentally unstable hands then YOU are the problem. Fact is most republicans are racists and bigots and are scared of their own shadow but drape themselves in the 2a to feel safe from all the gays,blacks,and muslims out to "get" them
Bunch of hateful pussies
rxv8iearln141.png

Over or under 2 weeks this troll lasts? Place your bets here

Over or under 2 weeks this troll lasts? Place your bets here
So you can't deal with common sense background checks? Or keeping weapons out of the hands of mentally ill people?

heres your gold star for not caring

star.001.jpg

I did address that argument in my OP. One would think that the Supreme Court wouldn't be sympathetic to such legal maneuverings that are done to explicitly prevent their judicial review of a case.

Courts generally don't accept attempts to restrict their authority.

So you can't deal with common sense background checks? Or keeping weapons out of the hands of mentally ill people?

heres your gold star for not caring

star.001.jpg

I agree the GOP would gladly arm people who have severe mental illness if they really had their way.

How does it work if the law has been repealed? Do they expect someone to spend time arguing for a law that no longer exists, or is it just a perfunctory process so the justices can write an opinion?

Seems like they could just hash it out amongst themselves.

But the SC is still choosing to hear it, and thus set whatever its ruling is as precedent

So how the opinion is written will be big to determining how much restriction local laws can have on guns

As someone who lives in Illinois where localized "Assault weapon bans" have been popping up city to city and county to county mag restrictions, this case means a lot to me

I hope this case has the best possible outcome for you. It hard having to listen to the nonsense people have to endure in ban states.

The 2nd Amendment is supposed to apply to every US citizen, yet States and municipalities seem to think they get to pick and choose which Amendments to the Bill of Rights apply to their citizens, and which ones don't.

How does it work if the law has been repealed? Do they expect someone to spend time arguing for a law that no longer exists, or is it just a perfunctory process so the justices can write an opinion?

Seems like they could just hash it out amongst themselves.

The law was repealed exclusively as a way to avoid what New York City viewed as an undesirable ruling.

Obviously any Court would object to such blatant political maneuvering to avoid their judicial review.

A link or source would be greatly appreciated brother

2nd amendment is an outdated piece of the constitution and if you are against background checks and keeping guns out of mentally unstable hands then YOU are the problem. Fact is most republicans are racists and bigots and are scared of their own shadow but drape themselves in the 2a to feel safe from all the gays,blacks,and muslims out to "get" them
Bunch of hateful pussies
rxv8iearln141.png

0/10

Spoken like a true alt account

Bunch of hateful pussies
rxv8iearln141.png

All this post is missing was something about Trump. You had it all.

Back