Supposed to start BJJ last night....

Ballzilla

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
....but NOOOOOOOOO. A/C took a shit yesterday while I was at work and instead of training, which I had been looking forward to all weekend and all day, I had to crawl under my damn house and replace a blown motor. Anywho, training for me begins tonight. I'm super stoked!

Don't spazz. Go hard.

I experienced my first spazz(sorta) last night. We were doing a drill where one guy tries to RNC and the other guy tries to escape. He was thrashing and kicking so much and i didn't particularly feel like causing him to snap his own neck so I just held position. Naturally he tried to behead my to no avail. I must guiltily admit that when we switched partners after 5 minutes I was a bit amused to see one of the blues choke him out in about 4 seconds.

But yeah it's fantastic as long as your partner isn't an idot.

Last edited:
LoL, I hate life speed bumps like that.

Enjoy it man :D drink plenty of water

I did my first class last week, used a lot of muscles i havent used in a long time..lol. But ya from what I can see is its key to leave the ego at home. You will get your ass kicked all over the place for awhile until you learn technique. I had a great time though

I did my first class last week, used a lot of muscles i havent used in a long time..lol. But ya from what I can see is its key to leave the ego at home. You will get your ass kicked all over the place for awhile until you learn technique. I had a great time though

And the prize for clich

Enjoy man. Life tries to get in the way, but BJJ is a lifelong journey.

It's your first day...there's not going to be another first day ever...spaz like crazy dude...Don't go in there thinking that people will own you(they probably will). First day white belts are the worst to roll with....you'll be so addicted by the end of class..

It's your first day...there's not going to be another first day ever...spaz like crazy dude...Don't go in there thinking that people will own you(they probably will). First day white belts are the worst to roll with....you'll be so addicted by the end of class..

Haha, don't tell him to spaz lol!!!!

To respond to all. I drink a ton of water as it is. Atleast 1 gallon a day. I'm on a weight loss venture currently and BJJ is going to help me get there. As far as spazing, I'm not new to grappling at all. I wrestled for over 15 years so I'm ok with being tied up in knots and standing on my head. I can maintain compsure in some fairly uncomfortable positions. I'm anticipating getting owned 100% with the possibility that I might be able to gain atleast one advantageous position throughout the night at some point in time. LOL

Can't wait.

To respond to all. I drink a ton of water as it is. Atleast 1 gallon a day. I'm on a weight loss venture currently and BJJ is going to help me get there. As far as spazing, I'm not new to grappling at all. I wrestled for over 15 years so I'm ok with being tied up in knots and standing on my head. I can maintain compsure in some fairly uncomfortable positions. I'm anticipating getting owned 100% with the possibility that I might be able to gain atleast one advantageous position throughout the night at some point in time. LOL

Can't wait.

A lot of Wrestlers spaz in BJJ. It's not that you don't know how to grapple, you don't know BJJ. When I first started BJJ my instructor/friend told me to stop spazzing. I didn't think I was either. He was my former Wrestling teammate and a current pro fighter/teacher FYI.

I am really focused on trying to maintain composure and breathing tonight. For one, I don't feel like looking like a tool and two....I don't wan't to injure anyone. 5 hours and counting. COME OOOOOOON 7:30.

I am really focused on trying to maintain composure and breathing tonight. For one, I don't feel like looking like a tool and two....I don't wan't to injure anyone. 5 hours and counting. COME OOOOOOON 7:30.

Good.

Have fun man. I'm out the door headed to class myself.

Hahaha. I'm on pins and needles too. I want to hear all about it.

The one wrestler we have in our gym is a total spazz. He has two speeds: Light Speed and Stopped. He's out of breath a lot. But he is getting better. As soon as he learns to calm down while rolling, he will be awesome. I'm hopeful your experience will be more relaxed.

Did I mention I am eager to hear how it went?!??

Back