Support for a forum on spiritualism/fighter psyche in the realm of martial arts?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by ZroC, Feb 7, 2016.

?

Would you support the creation of a fighter psyche/spiritualism forum?

1. yes

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. fighter psychology yes spiritualism no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. spiritualism yes fighter psychology no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ZroC

ZroC Silver Belt

Note: when I say spiritualism I do not mean religion. I mean whatever internal belief or un-conventional methods you use to keep yourself going. For example, meditation, or even prayer. Though it is not a place for people to argue about religion or force their beliefs on others. Maybe you just watched a shit tonne of Bruce Lee movies and decided to emulate him.

I've noticed that a lot of people here tend to overlook the spiritual or psychological aspects of combat sports. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but most of us who have taken part in some form of training are aware of some aspects of it. For example meditation in relation to your training. Is Chi magic, or what does chi mean to you? Do you meditate and what sort of meditation helps you with fighting? Why do we fight? What motivates you most to fight and what brings you back from the brink? We have a forum for stand up and strength and conditioning but nothing focusing on the more psychological aspects of fighting - even a place to blow off steam after training or fighting.

We talk a lot about Bruce Lee but rarely on how he was able to accomplish such feats. Same goes for many other martial artists whose exploits have fallen into myth. There could be discussion on how come some guys can stand on sharp spikes and not hurt their feet, or how come some guys can breathe fire and not burn their mouths? Why are some people just more flexible than others? Combat in other cultures: how culture influences martial arts in each region.

Maybe your just want to boost your power level to over 5000 and want to learn in a place of like minded people, whether or not you even take that stuff seriously.