Supplex highlights and equivalent

Man.. red singlet in the first sequence in the first vid was fucked as soon as he lost double overhooks lol.

Now, obviously blue singlet is better than me, but I don't know if he back arched properly. It's clearly effective because it gets the points, which is ultimately all that matters, but he also lands on his head because he doesn't actually turn after back arching. He only turns after red has already hit the mat. Maybe that's just my noobliness talking though.

I don't really have any grappling experience outside BJJ, but I try to expose myself to everything, and I'm pretty sure suplexes are at least one of the most common Greco throws, along with the lateral drop. They are a pretty similar technique, both "hip bumps" coming from over/under clinch if I'm not mistaken.

While I'm only beginning to train takedown offense at a relatively aged 19 years old, I do wanna develop a pretty legit takedown game for someone with no experience in wrestling. Certainly not to the extent of being able to place in the World Team Trials, but enough so that my takedowns are well above average for BJJ tournaments, and that I can get people down w/ the threat of strikes in mma, and back arch throws are one of the takedowns I want to get best at. They just look spectacular.

.gif I made of UFC middleweight champ Chris Weidman hitting a simply gorgeous belly to belly suplex in his first pro mma fight:

ThirdImpartialAmericanlobster.gif

some of the throws in the first vid were during freestyle matches right? One guy got the throw off of an attempted double so I'm just assuming. Either way, awesome throws.

We'll see how good Khabilov really is when he takes on Bendo next week. I think it's too early for him.

If you want to see someone being suplexed in MMA, Kazuyuki Miyata has got you covered:

[YT]dA5btG_w-5g[/YT]

Back