Supplements while growing

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Dreamcatcher10, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Dreamcatcher10

Dreamcatcher10 Blue Belt

Are taking supplements like createne, pre workout drinks, and testostrone bad for you while you are still growing? Or does it not even have an effect? and by 'still growing' i mean ages 17-20.

2. Yakobi

Yakobi Green Belt

At 17-20 your natural test is raging. Really no need to supplement. Just up the protein intake a bit, lift like a monster, and watch your body grow.

3. wwedanawhite

wwedanawhite Black Belt

i woulden't sugest taking stuff like no-explode and jack3d, but taking some creatine wont do you any bad, buy protien powder only if you find it hard to get all you'r protiens in

4. HAWTRIDDUM

HAWTRIDDUM Gold Belt Platinum Member

Just use some whey protein isolate, maybe some extra amino acids, and glutamine. There is no point in taking anything else because your test and hgh levels are still maxed out and you should use them to your advantage.

If you do steroids while still going through puberty, your growth plates in your bones will prematurely close and you won't get any taller and you bones won't get any wider. Not worth it. Don't make the same mistake some of us already made.

5. Now

Now White Belt

Dude,... "testosterone" is not a supplement.
    Either way stay clear of anabolic steroids for as long as you can. Some mens bodies change up until they are 23 years old.

For the rest: If I had a kid I wouldnt mind him taking high quality protein powders, fish oil or high quality multis.

Creatine Im not sure and Id better do some damn good research before making the decision. Dont fuck up a lifetime of health for some tiny edge you feel you can have.

6. Dogstarman

Dogstarman Old man jiu jitsu

If you are serious and not trolling. Starting Strength and GOMAD will improve your strength and size. I don't know if creatine will fuck you up at your age, probably not, but maybe one of the more knowledgeable guys here can answer that. Protein will not hurt you either.

Also at your age your test probably isn't low, you are still growing so I would stay away from that shit.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010