supplements that inhance preformance.

• Thread starter Towsonwrestling
  • Start date
T

Towsonwrestling

Iam looking for a supplement that i cant take through out the wrestling season that will help with my preformance and stamina?

multi-vitamin? lol

greens powders are good too.. like the one randy couture uses.. but his brand is too expensive.. Garden of Life Perfect Food is the best.. i ordered it in pill form recently.. :wink:

Towsonwrestling said:
Iam looking for a supplement that i cant take that will help with my preformance and stamina?

enzyte.

How about some xsyence befor wrestling workouts?

There isint really anythign magic and most stuff will be overpriced.

Take a good multi vitamin..eat healthy..there are a few good supplements but it depends on your goals.

also interested, maybe in some specific vitamin supplements that will give me extra energy for wrestling? nothing dangerous though..

Fizogen makes something called Epovar or Evopar.. something like that... its for endurance and stamina i believe... its fizogen though, so you know it will be expensive as hell

Ruick said:
also interested, maybe in some specific vitamin supplements that will give me extra energy for wrestling? nothing dangerous though..

I tried GNC's Mega Men Sport (it has to say Sport). I have tried Centrum, the regular Mega Men and other vitamins. The only one that I felt a difference with is Mega Men Sport. Best part about it is that every vitamin in it is natural, and not synthetic.

Try it out and see how you feel.

Wolverine
///

Wolverine said:
I tried GNC's Mega Men Sport (it has to say Sport). I have tried Centrum, the regular Mega Men and other vitamins. The only one that I felt a difference with is Mega Men Sport. Best part about it is that every vitamin in it is natural, and not synthetic.

Try it out and see how you feel.

Wolverine
///

How are the vitamins not synthetic?

Madmick said:
How are the vitamins not synthetic?

For example, Vitamin E. A lot of vitamin companies will use the synthetic form of Vitamin E which is dl-alpha-tocopherol. The natural version is alpha-tocopherol. Companies will use the synthetic version to cut cost, but the natural form has more benefits.

Wolverine
///

supersudo said:
multi-vitamin? lol

greens powders are good too.. like the one randy couture uses.. but his brand is too expensive.. Garden of Life Perfect Food is the best.. i ordered it in pill form recently.. :wink:

i've read that vitamineral green by healthforce nutritionals is supposed to be of a higher quality than garden of life's perfect food. i've taken both but i couldn't tell if one was better than the other.

http://www.healthforce.com/vitamineral_green.htm

Wolverine said:
For example, Vitamin E. A lot of vitamin companies will use the synthetic form of Vitamin E which is dl-alpha-tocopherol. The natural version is alpha-tocopherol. Companies will use the synthetic version to cut cost, but the natural form has more benefits.

Wolverine
///

Oh, vitamin extracts. I misunderstood you.

Actually, I think there are only a few vitamins where that matters. For most, the synthetic and natural versions are identical: sharing all properties.

Madmick said:
Oh, vitamin extracts. I misunderstood you.

Actually, I think there are only a few vitamins where that matters. For most, the synthetic and natural versions are identical: sharing all properties.

while technically that true.. the way ur body treats it is different (absorbs it differently).. while it has the same isomers, they're arranged differently so ur body treats them differently.. (example would be the spelling of "STAR".. and "RATS")

i also read that synthetic Beta-Carotene is actually bad for u, and increases chances of lung cancer in smokers...

o and wolverine.. d-alpha-tocopherol is the natural vitamin E.. d1 or dl-alpha tocopherol is the synthetic...

supersudo said:
o and wolverine.. d-alpha-tocopherol is the natural vitamin E..

Yup you are correct. I just mistyped it.

Wolverine
///

supersudo said:
while technically that true.. the way ur body treats it is different (absorbs it differently).. while it has the same isomers, they're arranged differently so ur body treats them differently.. (example would be the spelling of "STAR".. and "RATS")

i also read that synthetic Beta-Carotene is actually bad for u, and increases chances of lung cancer in smokers...

o and wolverine.. d-alpha-tocopherol is the natural vitamin E.. d1 or dl-alpha tocopherol is the synthetic...

No, I think that's true only a for a rare few. Terumo spoke on this. He said the bulk of vitamins and minerals- natural and synthetic- are identical in every way that matters.

Madmick said:
No, I think that's true only a for a rare few. Terumo spoke on this. He said the bulk of vitamins and minerals- natural and synthetic- are identical in every way that matters.

They may be similar in molecular structure but that does not mean they are the same. Synthetics lack the whole complex of synergistic factors found in nature. There has been many studies that show natural vitamins are superior to synthetic ones. Not saying that synthetic vitamins don't have any benefits, but they can't compare to natural vitamins. Also, some sythetic vitamins can be harmful in abundant quantities as opposed to natural.

The reason why many manufacturers want us to believe that they are the same is because it is much cheaper for them to make a synthetic form of vitamin... mainly from petroleum.

Wolverine
///

here are a coulple links for wrestling supplements

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/wrestling.htm

most of these are unnecessary, but it gives you a general idea of what you might want. Generally i just use whey to stop catabolic muscle breakdown, and glutamin when i am going low carb. Avoid glucosamin as your body can become dependent on it (stops effeciently producing it own) instead use fish oils. also be wary of creatine as you will hold water and put on weight, and prolonged use might hamper you livers natural production. if you are going to use it cycle a month on 3 months off.

here is a link to articles from the same site that deal wrestling training in general

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=Wrestling

Back