Supplemental advise needed

UFC's Pride

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm 5'8/5'9, weight 67 kilos, with 22% body fat(i think accoring to bmi lol)...

I train all the time, have a nice workout routine and a good diet, but the diet i have been asked to do consists of 160g of protein and 285g carbs.

I'm struggling to get 160g especially on work days, i am getting some protein supplements, now keep in mind i'm in Ireland, i picked up the 90% Soya Protein as of the supplements i've come across it had amongst the highest protein concentrates with no creatine which i would like to avoid.

Should i bin what i picked up and if so what is a better protein supplement? No Creatine...

1. How did you get your bf% from your BMI?

2. Why do you want to avoid creatine so much?

3. You should probably go ahead and post your "workout routine".

1. How did you get your bf% from your BMI?

2. Why do you want to avoid creatine so much?

3. You should probably go ahead and post your "workout routine".

I realised i meant body mass, i don't want creatine in their personal choice...

1 day chest
bench press
incline flies
incline dumbell press
thumb in flies
dumbell press from the hips

1 day back
dumbell rows
bent over barbell rows
Deadlifts
supermans

1day biceps & triceps
alternate bicep curls
21's
concentration curls
Alternate hammer
reverse barbell curl
dumbel tricep extensions
dumbel 1arm extensions
o/h barbell tricpe extentiosn
1 arm floor press

Shoulders & Lats
Bent Over Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise
Bradfor presses
incline shoulder raise
alternating raises
Underhand cable pull downs
wide grip pull down
narrow grip pulldown
wide grip pulldown rear

Legs & ass
Deadlifts
Squats
kickbacks
good mornings
leg curls

Stomach
Cruches with 10kilos/5kilos/no weight
plank holds
side plank holds
bicycle sit ups qith 10kilos/5kilos/no weight
jacknives
leg tucks

This would be standard, i'm currently recovering from a dislocated knee so obviously not too much weight in the leg work and no running...

That routine looks like a great way to make little to no actual strength progress. Go over and read the strength and power FAQ's.

Read the FAQ's here in the D&S, too. I am going to guess that you are nowhere near the level where you need to count every gram of protein and carbs you eat every day. Just eat a lot of meat and veggies.

Also, what are your goals for this diet?

soy protein isn't necessarily a good protein. and most protein powders don't contain creatine if it is a true, pure protein powder. go with whey or something like that as your protein powder, but more importantly, take in more whole food proteins.

wtf is all this dumb shit about people not using creatine when they are trying to get bigger? its 2010, get with the program. i can understand not being able to afford it, but it being a "personal choice" is a stupid excuse.

Creatine Monohydrate is not at all expensive for what you get out of it. Especially compared to a lot of other supplements. I would say most people can easily afford it.

i suppose. if you have enough money to access a gym/make your own gym then im sure you can afford it. there really is no excuse then i guess.

it costs around $10 a month for creatine. most people with a computer and internet access should be able to afford that. especially if they are serious about strength training. which from his "routine" he probably isn't, which would explain why he doesn't want to take creatine.

it costs around $10 a month for creatine. most people with a computer and internet access should be able to afford that. especially if they are serious about strength training. which from his "routine" he probably isn't, which would explain why he doesn't want to take creatine.

You're paying that much? If you take 5g every day at $20 for 1000g, that's only about $3 a month.

Back