SUPERGIRL Movie in the Works at Warner Bros.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
SUPERGIRL Live-Action Movie in the Works at Warner Bros. with The Cloverfield Paradox Writer

sFnWIsd.jpg

Supergirl may be flying onto the big screen. Oren Uziel — one of the writers behind 22 Jump Street and The Cloverfield Paradox — has been tapped to pen a feature for DC and Warner Bros. about the Krypton-born superhero, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Superman’s older cousin — she didn’t physically age in transit to Earth, and arrived later than he did, explaining why she looks younger than him — Kara Zor-El debuted in 1959’s Action Comics No. 252, created by Otto Binder and Al Plastino. Initially working in secret at the request of her cousin, she went public as Supergirl in 1962’s Action Comics No. 285, in a story subtly titled “The World’s Greatest Heroine!” After years spent in Superman’s shadow, she eventually gained her own comic book in 1972.

Supergirl has already been spun off into a movie in 1984, starring Faye Dunaway and Mia Farrow. The character is also the subject of a massively popular CW show from Greg Berlanti starring Melissa Benoist that is heading into its fourth season.

WB/DC is already in development on several female-fronted properties, including a Batgirl movie. Joss Whedon was originally attached to that project but later exited, with Bumblebee scruoter Christina Hodson taking over screenplay duties. Recently, Cathy Yan was tapped to direct a Harley Quinn stand-alone movie (based on the Birds of Prey property) that was also penned by Hodson.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...e-oren-uziel-write-script-warner-bros-1132421

giphy.gif

Yawn. There's already a TV series (and not a good one). As usual, poor planning from Warner Bros.

I wonder how many people she'll kill

OMG... this makes my head hurt.

Too many fooking super heroez

Can't be worse than the first/original movie...

I like melissa benwaaa
Me too, but I wouldn't mind them re-casting someone as pretty with bigger boobs that have been showcased in nude scenes or Fappening.

They didn't say who would play Supergirl?

Faye Dunaway to wardrobe.

Why???????

No one wants to see that.

How bout a SuperMan 2?

Correction, maybe not no one in the world however it’s not gonna be a blockbuster. Just look at the track record.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Yawn. There's already a TV series (and not a good one). As usual, poor planning from Warner Bros.

I'll watch it, but that isn't saying much, I watch almost everything.

I wonder if this Supergirl is going to be black or Chinese.

Maybe she'll be a man who identifies as a girl.

Me too, but I wouldn't mind them re-casting someone as pretty with bigger boobs that have been showcased in nude scenes or Fappening.

They didn't say who would play Supergirl?

Melissa is a Fappening all star, or so I'm told.

Maybe she'll be a man who identifies as a girl.

Holy crap that would be the greatest SJW film of all time.

Surprised they didn't go there with Wonder Woman.

Meh.

I'd be more likely to watch the x-rated parody of it.

Melissa is a Fappening all star, or so I'm told.
Upon further investigation, seems like the sexual relations pics were on two different occasions based on the hair vs. no hair.

Is Supergirl going to be transgender? What’s Johnny Depp up to lately? I can see him basing his portrayal of the brave Kryptonian on Wendy O. Williams and Boy George.

Back