Superfights

johnmangala

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Out of all these potential super fights which do you view as most likely to happen?

Lesnar v Fedor
Silva v GSP
Cain v Jones
Aldo v Pettis
Dillashaw v Johnson
Weidman v Cormier
Lawler v Diaz II

Cain v Jones
Aldo v Pettis
all others

Lawler-Diaz 2 is a possibility, but not for the belt. And I don't consider it a "super fight"

Aldo vs Pettis is easily the most likely
Followed by Jones vs Velasquez

Diaz vs Lawler 2 isn't a superfight lol

Aldo vs Pettis is only one I see feasible, but unfortunately, I feel one of them will have to take a loss for it to come to fruition.

Your standards for super fights are, how do you say it? Super low. I'm looking forward to the Faber super fight coming up. And the Mir super fight. But most of all the McGoat super fight.

The UFC have been selling lines about how all these "superfights" are going to happen for years. Then they don't.

Dana doesn't want to log jam the belts people. GSP/Penn was the last superfight.

There are no fights that will attract people outside of the general mma fan base . Those fights are just ones we want to see nothing super

lawler diaz 2 is a superfight? the delusions is strong in this one

Pettis Aldo is the big one, and very likely. Diaz vs Lawler 2 is about as much a super fight as anderson vs chonan 2...who cares who won a fight 10 years ago

I would consider two of those fights to be 'super fights'. The rest are divisional fights and rematches.

Scott coker is calling King Mo v Kongo a superfight. lol

GSP/Silva

The UFC wont make current champ vs champ fights again as it diminishes one of the champions's value and I think selling wise, the short term gain does not outweigh the long term impact of the losing champions drawing potential.

There's more money to be made with a champion dispatching challengers, than to potentially crush the hype that the UFC have been able to generate with one of their champions.

Therefore I think GSP/Silva is best chance, purely because if either of them lose, its not really damaging the status of either fighter as a long term draw (and both are at the end of their careers anyway).

Out of all these potential super fights which do you view as most likely to happen?

Lesnar v Fedor
Silva v GSP
Cain v Jones
Aldo v Pettis
Dillashaw v Johnson
Weidman v Cormier
Lawler v Diaz II

lawler vs diaz isn't a super fight.
Lesnar v Fedor isn't even a potential superfight as hes retired (fedor that is)

As for most likely I think Dillshaw v Johnson or Cain v Jones are most probable.

Back