Superfight Silva vs Jones

ALAN PARTRIDGE

NO LONGER REGISTERED
@Steel
Reaction score
Has lasts nights fight changed anyone's opinion of what would happen in a
LHW Superfight between Silva and Jones?

Now that talks of a Cain vs Jones Superfight talks have quietened down.

silva-jones_large_medium.jpg

Anderson would win if he got off a quarter of the shots that Gus did but he wouldn't be able to stop the take downs so nothing has really changed. Still a tossup.

I think Silva's chances are better after what I saw last night.
but it would be an awesome fight that I pray can happen if Silva beats Weidman and JJ stays at LHW.

JJ would still take him down and smash his face in.

Yeah it just got interesting again, but that's if Silva beats Weidman.

Silva is smaller and doesn't have near the tdd gus does. Last night changes nothing.

I agree it's a lot more of an intriguing fight.

Jones has some areas of weakness, that you know Silva would be able to exploit like a motherfucker.

However, at 39 - can he deal with being in the ring with someone much bigger, stronger, (faster at this stage) than him. He's just too big/strong a man, and that'd probably catch up to Silva as the fight went on - unless he gets down to business and GOES FOR IT in the first round. No fucking around - go in there and KTFO ASAP!

If Silva could time travel back 10 years - it's a dream fight.

I think Silva's chances are better after what I saw last night.
but it would be an awesome fight that I pray can happen if Silva beats Weidman and JJ stays at LHW.

Imagine if Silva and Jones win their rematches (assuming Gus gets a rematch, which I see no reason why not to) then it might still be on.

I don't know. Never count Silva out, but last night Jones showed that he has a tremendous chin.

I don't think Silva's takedown defense will be as stellar as Gus' last night. That was just damn impressive.

Maybe Dana will try force this superfight asap if Silva beats CW
and JJ beats Gus or Glover next
July 4th weekend 2014 :)

Jones would take Silva down and drop hellbows on him, last night changes nothing I always thought that and will continue too. People are forgetting that Jones only looked human cause gus has the same size and reach that is the key to jones success

But last nights fight made some people re-think the outcome

I don't see what would change in regards of Silva having a better chance.

Silva would get taken down and controlled, or finished.

Nothing, litteraly nothing has changed in regards of that particular match up.

Edit: Gus would beat Silva too.

I agree it's a lot more of an intriguing fight.

Jones has some areas of weakness, that you know Silva would be able to exploit like a motherfucker.

However, at 39 - can he deal with being in the ring with someone much bigger, stronger, (faster at this stage) than him. He's just too big/strong a man, and that'd probably catch up to Silva as the fight went on - unless he gets down to business and GOES FOR IT in the first round. No fucking around - go in there and KTFO ASAP!

If Silva could time travel back 10 years - it's a dream fight.

What weakness of jones would silva exploit specifically?

And ten years ago silva was getting submitted by takase.

Overall this a really poorly thought out post. But that is par for the course today.

What weakness of jones would silva exploit specifically?

And ten years ago silva was getting submitted by takase.

Overall this a really poorly thought out post. But that is par for the course today.

Sorry Sir

Not a bad thread, as the Cain superfight talks are no on hold
so we gotta go back to the idea of Silva vs JJ

Styles make fights. And the right timing can also make a fight. I think the JJ/AS SF should not happen if we wait much longer... Kinda like the Matt Hughes vs. retired Royce Gracie...

I agree if he could keep it standing JBJ would be screwed and I guess we can kind of see why even JBJ before Chael 2 he was kind of reluctant to call out Silva. But, after watching Weidman get Silva to the ground very early and work his GnP there is no question that Jones would do the same.

Either way though Gus made Jones look very human last night and if it wasn't for that elbow in the fourth he may not be holding that strap today.

Back