Superfight: Dillashaw Vs MM

Kingfarthur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This will likely get loss in all the Jones DC hubub, but this fight has a legitimate shot of happening. TJ said he walks around at like 148 and could make 125. (To give you a reference point MM walks around at like 145) He also said that he would be up for fighting MM at 125.

What do you think about this fight?

Do you think Dillashaw should go down to 125, or should they do a catch weight at 130?

Who do you think wins?

Me personally, I think its a close decision win for either guy.

Dillashaw moving down to FLW is more intriguing than catchweight bout or DJ moving up where he lost 2 times. I'm open for this fight when either of them isn't the champion (or one of them should vacate the belt).

TJ would be about -250 here. he outstrikes DJ and outwrestles him. DJ's only advantage is speed.

If TJ can make 125, I would definitely like to see this fight. There is no one for MM to fight, he owns the division.

Id give MM more than a good chance. TJ seems to have a problem against good punchers (dodson) heck even Soto exposed his boxing defense a bit

Superfight??

Aldo vs Pettis
Anderson vs Jones/GSP

Those are super fights.TJ vs MM would be a normal fight.Dodson already knocked TJ out and MM would beat him easily.

It's funny that he was seen as a horrible fighter and because of 1 fight in his entire career everyone is riding his nuts.Despite him looking awfula agaisnt a guy that had no preparation for a 5 rounds fight lol

Last edited:
Superfight??

Aldo vs Pettis
Anderson vs Jones/GSP

Those are super fights.TJ vs MM would be a normal fight.Dodson already knocked TJ out and MM would beat him easily.

It's funny that he was seen as a horrible fighter and because of 1 fight in his entire career everyone is riding his nuts.Despite him looking awfula agaisnt a guy that had no preparation for a 5 rounds fight lol

lol, who the fuck ever saw tj dillashaw as a horrible fighter?

TJ has to do a good deal more before any fight of his could reasonably be called a super fight.

lol, who the fuck ever saw tj dillashaw as a horrible fighter?

Hmm more than half of sherdog??

There were 100 of threads about how Barao vs TJ was the biggest mismatch in UFC history lol

The guy got almost knocked out against Hugo Viana,got knocked out against Dodson,lost to Assun

Dillashaw moving down to FLW is more intriguing than catchweight bout or DJ moving up where he lost 2 times. I'm open for this fight when either of them isn't the champion (or one of them should vacate the belt).

Demetrious Johnson has looked SO much better since he won the FLW title. And he was the only one that really gave Cruz a good fight at BW - he's improved by leaps and bounds since then, so a fight at BW would be interesting. This is one of the better super fights the UFC can make.

Not saying he won't someday get to that point, but it's way premature at this point.

Agree, TJ's fucking good, but hasn't done enough to be in the mix of super fights. And I think MM win this fight without too much damages. Could be absolutely wrong tho, TJ could be a great in the making.

If he's going to make the cut to -25, Id prefer to see TJ and Dodson rematch.

My dream.
Other than Dillashaw v Cruz.

Would be an exciting fight for sure.

I think Dillashaw v Faber might actually be next : O.
If Faber wins, Dillashaw might go down.

TJ has to do a good deal more before any fight of his could reasonably be called a super fight.

The definition of a super fight for me is two current world champions fighting, so by that definition this is a super fight.

Good matchup, MM is fast so that could be the deciding factor and TJ's ability to counter.

I think MM would win a comfortable decision.

Would love to see the fight.

The definition of a super fight for me is two current world champions fighting, so by that definition this is a super fight.

"Superfight" is such a subjective concept; I understand how different people could have different definitions of the term. For me, it's two legends fighting at their prime.

Back