Superbon vs Chingiz (this Friday)

I really feel like Allazov's style is the next step in kickboxing. It's more fluid, agile and unpredictable than what we've seen before. He switches stances easily, creates angles, and catches his opponents off guard with unconventional strikes.

The last 15 years we saw fighters using tactics and techniques from Muay Thai that did well against Dutch kickboxing, especially in the -75kg classes. Guys like Petrosyan, Buakaw, Sittichai, Superbon. And now Allazov comes with a very different style to beat them.

There is still the more classic Dutch kickboxing style, like Marat and also many of the Enfusion guys, but also in Holland the style is changing. Look at Boutasaa or Eersel. I think more people will train to be as creative and fluid as Allazov, but it's hard to master.

I really feel like Allazov's style is the next step in kickboxing. It's more fluid, agile and unpredictable than what we've seen before. He switches stances easily, creates angles, and catches his opponents off guard with unconventional strikes.

The last 15 years we saw fighters using tactics and techniques from Muay Thai that did well against Dutch kickboxing, especially in the -75kg classes. Guys like Petrosyan, Buakaw, Sittichai, Superbon. And now Allazov comes with a very different style to beat them.

There is still the more classic Dutch kickboxing style, like Marat and also many of the Enfusion guys, but also in Holland the style is changing. Look at Boutasaa or Eersel. I think more people will train to be as creative and fluid as Allazov, but it's hard to master.
You're looking too deep into things which I am sure is clouded by recency bias. Chingiz Allazov is a good fighter and it's his time. He has his own style and others have theres. People fight the way that is comfortable to them. What works for Chingiz may not work for others.

Muaythai fighters doing well against Dutch stylists was due to Thai's having a lot more experience. The top muaythai guys I can think of who've successfully transitioned to kickboxing like buakaw, superbon, sittichai, petchpanomrung etc have all been fighting since they were very young and its not just the amount of experience. It's the type of experience.

Chingiz beat Superbon who's been stopped before and if you've been following Superbon before the 3 fights he's had in ONE you shouldn't have been that surprised here. Chingiz is also 1 - 1 vs sittichai but in their most recent fight he came in a lot bigger and most will argue sittichai is no longer in his prime. He also lost to Petrosyan with this same style. Once again its Chingiz is time. He is arguably now the p4p best kickboxer today but it's due to an accumulation of things. Not just about angles, switching stances and all the bro science overthinking crap that might get your ass knocked out during sparring trying to incorporate.

I mean, I feel that's like saying, Prince Naseem Hamad is the next evolution in boxing, or Anderson Silva was the next evolution in MMA. Most people just can't replicate a style like that. Maybe I'm wrong.

Great win for chingiz. He has a good mix of skill and power.
Now lets talk about the elephant in the room. He has gotten substantially stonger and more powerful. He threw sittichai around in the clinch in the last fight. He is carrying more muscle with very low body fat. If the guy that fought aung la nsang last night didn't pop for peds no one is gonna.
If you wanna see what someones body looks like who trains all the time and eats relatively clean. They look like superlek. I thought superlek won pretty clearly but the guy he fough fuertas was also on something. Too muscular with too low body fat. I didn't make a difference cos superlek is by far the superior fighter but if they were closer in skill level it could make the difference.
Pretty obvious with petrosyan as well. You don't suddenly get paper thin skin in your 30's.

There is no consistency in One. U have the hydration test nonsense, then u have non existent drug testing and now an open weight tournament.
Also i don't like seeing high level muay thai fighters in kickboxing its just annoying.
Its not as bad if they have transitioned to kickboxing and have been doing it solely for a number of years.

Reactions: MT5
You need a certain level of body fat for optimal testosterone production and if you go below a certain % your natural testosterone level goes down. But that doesn't happen when u are enhanced.

As @Metatron said it works for him but might not work for others.

I think it is more likely to work for explosive fighters like Allazov (whether on PED's or not). For a less explosive fighter as Sittichai it will probably not work.

Sittichai's style has been the most consistent in the past 10 years in my opinion and it does not rely on explosiveness.

Allazov beat Sittichai fair and square, but imagine the outcome of the fight if Sittichai had the same explosiveness as Allazov?

I have been dreaming for a couple of years for Allazov vs Doumbé.
A shame we are never having it.

I have been dreaming for a couple of years for Allazov vs Doumbé.
A shame we are never having it.
Holy shit, talk about a crazy fight man.
What about Tyjani Beztati vs Chingiz?

He's not buakaw. He's superbon but hope you realize that could have happened to buakaw. He's not some mythical undefeated creature. Some of the guys in ONE are very good.
Buakaw manages distance way better than superbon and has a way better chin

Wouldn't be surprised if superbon comes back and wins the rematch as he has done in the past. But people acting like he was unbeatable and this was a lock was insane. Chingiz is very dangerous and has looked really good lately plus superbons durability has always been an issue for him

He's not buakaw. He's superbon but hope you realize that could have happened to buakaw. He's not some mythical undefeated creature. Some of the guys in ONE are very good.

omg after my post it seems your whole world is falling apart.
i have to say "sorry"
now i feel sad

It's actually very impressive Superbon has accomplished what he has in kickboxing with zero boxing. It was exploited bad against Chingiz whos really good at in and out style and is huge for the weight. I'm sure he cuts a lot and does strength training

Superbon kept sticking out the lead hand in a way that left his head exposed. Seems like he overestimated his vision and reflexes after having outboxed Petrosyan and Grigorian.

Superbon kept sticking out the lead hand in a way that left his head exposed. Seems like he overestimated his vision and reflexes after having outboxed Petrosyan and Grigorian.
Also for petrosyan and marat he seemed more switched on from the opening bell.
The lazy lead hand was one example in this fight.

Also for petrosyan and marat he seemed more switched on from the opening bell.
The lazy lead hand was one example in this fight.

I have to agree, not sure if something was wrong with Superbon but he didn't wake up early enough in that fight. He was not yet in fight mode.

I'm still a fan, but he got caught and didn't turn on quick enough, looked like he was still getting warmed up while Allazov was going for the kill.

Great powerful performance by Allazov, that title win was no fluke.

I have to agree, not sure if something was wrong with Superbon but he didn't wake up early enough in that fight. He was not yet in fight mode.

I'm still a fan, but he got caught and didn't turn on quick enough, looked like he was still getting warmed up while Allazov was going for the kill.

Great powerful performance by Allazov, that title win was no fluke.
Could be wrong but to me it seems like overconfidence as in the Marat fight.

In the Marat fight, after getting caught clean he didn't defend but rather just tried to throw a knee.

In this fight, after being caught with the overhand, he did not adjust and kept sticking out the lazy lead hand. After getting knocked down, he didn't defend either but just stuck out the lead hand.

You're looking too deep into things which I am sure is clouded by recency bias. Chingiz Allazov is a good fighter and it's his time. He has his own style and others have theres. People fight the way that is comfortable to them. What works for Chingiz may not work for others.

Muaythai fighters doing well against Dutch stylists was due to Thai's having a lot more experience. The top muaythai guys I can think of who've successfully transitioned to kickboxing like buakaw, superbon, sittichai, petchpanomrung etc have all been fighting since they were very young and its not just the amount of experience. It's the type of experience.

Chingiz beat Superbon who's been stopped before and if you've been following Superbon before the 3 fights he's had in ONE you shouldn't have been that surprised here. Chingiz is also 1 - 1 vs sittichai but in their most recent fight he came in a lot bigger and most will argue sittichai is no longer in his prime. He also lost to Petrosyan with this same style. Once again its Chingiz is time. He is arguably now the p4p best kickboxer today but it's due to an accumulation of things. Not just about angles, switching stances and all the bro science overthinking crap that might get your ass knocked out during sparring trying to incorporate.

I agree that I might be influenced by recency bias and his dominance during the fight. It's not only his style but a combination of his physique, coming into his prime and his fighting style indeed. The guy is strong as hell too and super dry. I'm wondering if he can have the same impact at 77kg.
His development of the last years is remarkable. He was always good, but not excellent and his style has definitely developed too.

Thai fighters do have a lot of experience and it will be hard for any Western or Eastern European fighter to get the same amount of fights, so the Thais will always have an advantage when you try to emulate their style. It does look like Allazov found a style that can beat them. Of course he still has to prove it for a longer period of time against more fighters.

Time will tell if Allazov's style can be copied successfully by others. I just don't see the "standard" Dutch kickboxing style like Robin van Roosmalen had work anymore against elite competition.

I'm happy to see that there are creative fighters out there that shake things up.

Back