Super Worried

angrybandnerd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Today during training , while in someones guard, I moved to the side to pass and I heard and felt a pop in my left inner thigh, up close to the groin. Didn't hurt too much until I got home. I got out my car and tried walking and its really painful and I just can't walk properly without big pains. I'm worried because my first competition is Saturday! This sound familiar to anyone? Should I just relax/ice it and play it day by day? Or does it sound like too much to compete on?

Controlling inflammation early on is important. Get on an nsaid for the next few days. Ice 2-3 times/day in 20 minute sessions. Not much else to do but wait and see what the next week brings. If it's a groin pull the damage is done and you're in for a minimum 2-3 month recovery (sometimes much, much longer).

Thanks for the advice. My moms a doctor and I'm just waiting on her call to find out if she can help diagnose it.

Dude, you have one groin, and there will be other competitions. Not worth it. I've had a simple overflexed elbow (armbar injury) for the past month and every time I roll, it gets as painful as when I first hurt it. Be careful. In a comp, 5-6 minutes rounds at 100%. It's a risk, take it or leave it......

Yeah if I'm not 100 percent tomorrow night I'm backing out. Sucks too, it would be my first, and it cost 80 bucks!

yeah man... don't chance it with the groin. It's a terrible and nagging injury.

I fractured my elbow a 2 weeks before a competition and still competed, but torn or strained muscle is no joke, if it hurts to bad just dont compete, but if I spent 80 dollars.....

Might be hard to look on the positive side right now, but be thankful it wasn't your knee.

Think of your 80 bucks as a donation to BJJ.... Think of your groin as a tool to reproduce.....

Same thing happened to me, except I was trying to keep a guy from passing guard and he pushed hard on my leg in the opposite direction that I was pushing, and I heard a pop and got pain in my inner thigh near the groin. I had to take about a week off of BJJ, and within about two weeks I was all better. I don't think you're gonna be able to compete with it though.

Groin injuries need to be taken seriously, they can nag you for life. Good luck bro, hope its just a small tweak.

Definitely feeling like a sprain now. Last night I could barely walk and today I can walk around, not full stride, but it's better than it was. More ice today and heating pad tonight and we will see.

Sounds like a sprain, ice it every day and it should feel better in a few days. If you already paid to compete I would still do it.

That really sucks man, something like that hasn't happened to me yet in BJJ, but in basketball i really messed up my knee. Out for a few weeks, lost my starting spot, etc...

But yea it's a real shame man, i'm actually going to that tournament too (if you're talking 'bout the prostar one)

Definitely feeling like a sprain now. Last night I could barely walk and today I can walk around, not full stride, but it's better than it was. More ice today and heating pad tonight and we will see.

Get better soon man and good luck! =)

Back