News Super Prospect BO NICKAL has first MMA fight next Friday

The Johnson fight was a tactical error though. I don't know what he was thinking. Ruth has terrible fight IQ in general.
having bad BJJ technique and incorrectly defending a leg lock is not a tactical error. the amount of excuses y’all are coming up with for these losses is insane.

having bad BJJ technique and incorrectly defending a leg lock is not a tactical error. the amount of excuses y’all are coming up with for these losses is insane.

Taylor is good at leglocks, it's something he goes for a lot. Ruth got over relaxed in the situation and realised he'd fucked up too late. Exact same thing Gastelum did with Jack Hermansson.

Taylor is good at leglocks, it's something he goes for a lot. Ruth got over relaxed in the situation and realised he'd fucked up too late. Exact same thing Gastelum did with Jack Hermansson.
common thread there. remind me what gastelum’s background is?

Lol he doesn't have bad bjj. Taylor just has a solid leg lock game.

<Dany07>

it’s the only leg lock he’s ever gotten.
He attacks them often.

Ruth has a lot of success in bjj. He is a well rounded grappler which has been proven by his ability to be competitive with amasov and Gracie.

DiscreteFoolhardyEthiopianwolf-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_pm3m5kI5QH1rofocqo1_500.gifv

bellator-245-taylor-johnson-ed-ruth-1.jpg

ncaa wrestling isn’t enough

What a moron you are.

'NCAA champs lose some MMA fights so they obviously suck'

You could literally post memes of every prospect losing a fight in a major org. 99% of fighters will never be undefeated or champions.

Bo Nickal wrestled Josh Hokit from Fresno State in the NCAAs and threw him around like a child. Hokit is on the 49ers practice squad as a full back.

tim johnson is a bum. gillespie lost to kevin lee who hasn’t done a damn thing. ed ruth lost to cans. pico lost to bums too. how are you gonna pretend you don’t know what i’m talking about?
man, I don't have a dog in this fight but you really don't know what you're talking about.

...and Im now convinced that is you in your AV.

Last edited:
man, I don't have a dog in this fight but you really don't know what you're talking about.

...and Im now convinced that is you in your AV.
who is the last american wrestling prospect in MMA to even get ranked? colby or usman 7 years ago?

tim johnson is a bum. gillespie lost to kevin lee who hasn’t done a damn thing. ed ruth lost to cans. pico lost to bums too. how are you gonna pretend you don’t know what i’m talking about?

Double yellows incoming.

who is the last american wrestling prospect in MMA to even get ranked? colby or usman 7 years ago?
It's really hard to take this question seriously because you could easily just look it up and see how many there are...but choose not to in order to make a ridiculous statement like this...so what gives?

It's really hard to take this question seriously because you could easily just look it up and see how many there are...but choose not to in order to make a ridiculous statement like this...so what gives?
then why can’t you name any? just name one

then why can’t you name any? just name one
Because there are so many...

I don't remember the first day everyone entered the rankings so I'll just list ranked NCAA fighters...some of them are older than when Colby first entered but whatever, they're still in the rankings.

Alex Perez. Joseph Benavidez. Tim Elliott. Aljamain Sterling. TJ Dillashaw. Cody Garbrandt. Frankie Edgar. Cody Stamann. Josh Emmett. Dan Ige. (Honorable Mention: Bryce Mitchell, didn't wrestle NCAAs but was a notable high school wrestler who went to MMA early). Justin Gaethje. Michael Chandler. Tony Ferguson. Gregor Gillespie. The aforementioned, Kamaru Usman and Colby Covington. Neil Magny. Derek Brunson. Kelvin Gastelum. Chris Weidman. Stipe Miocic. Curtis Blaydes.

Like I don't get why you just assert something without taking a moment even to think "hmmm, are there any counterexamples?"

Because there are so many...

I don't remember the first day everyone entered the rankings so I'll just list ranked NCAA fighters...some of them are older than when Colby first entered but whatever, they're still in the rankings.

Alex Perez. Joseph Benavidez. Tim Elliott. Aljamain Sterling. TJ Dillashaw. Cody Garbrandt. Frankie Edgar. Cody Stamann. Josh Emmett. Dan Ige. (Honorable Mention: Bryce Mitchell, didn't wrestle NCAAs but was a notable high school wrestler who went to MMA early). Justin Gaethje. Michael Chandler. Tony Ferguson. Gregor Gillespie. The aforementioned, Kamaru Usman and Colby Covington. Neil Magny. Derek Brunson. Kelvin Gastelum. Chris Weidman. Stipe Miocic. Curtis Blaydes.

Like I don't get why you just assert something without taking a moment even to think "hmmm, are there any counterexamples?"
those guys have all been around for a decade plus. aljo is an acceptable answer but he’s been ranked about as long as colby/usman. obviously you struggle to understand really simple concepts but i’ll try to make it even easier for you.

who was the last american wrestling MMA prospect to pan out successfully and reach a decently high ranking?

those guys have all been around for a decade plus. aljo is an acceptable answer but he’s been ranked about as long as colby/usman. obviously you struggle to understand really simple concepts but i’ll try to make it even easier for you.

who was the last american wrestling MMA prospect to pan out successfully and reach a decently high ranking?
You're trying to mock my intelligence but obviously everyone here has found yours rather lacking so...chill...

The average age of ranked UFC fighters is itself around 33-34 so the fact that most ranked fighters have been around as long as Usman and Colby who are 33 and 34 is not surprising.

Which is really just part of your stupidity. You'll take like a 28 year old guy with a handful of losses and be like "oh he's a bust" well, he's about 5 years from the time where fighters normally enter the rankings. The generation that should be in the rankings is the generation that I just listed.

Back