News Super Prospect BO NICKAL has first MMA fight next Friday

MMA is slowly going away from wrestling backgrounds in favor of striking based entertainment value, as a result MMA is devolving in skill. Adesanya, Ngannou, Jan and others were nothing even half a decade ago when those divisions had great wrestlers who would have grapplefucked them.

Or fighter’s are getting better with TDD Defense

i’m talking about the latest crop of NCAA crossovers who were hyped up as super prospects. did i miss any? i, admittedly, forgot about bubba jenkins but he’s yet another one who couldn’t hang. my point is that being a D1 all american doesn’t really mean shit anymore and none of you have been able to refute that.
I mean do you not realize the obvious flaw with this argument? You've got this short unofficial list in your head of "hyped up" prospects and to you that's the entire universe of wrestling to MMA prospects? I have a database with over 150 almost 200 names of wrestlers from all backgrounds, not just Americans but many internationals as well. But you randomly pick 5 names you heard of. And your rationale is that if any of them loses a single fight then they're busts. So your logic is quite literally "pick 5 random MMA fighters, they each did not go 29-0 like Khabib, wrestling is dead, QED."

The reality is that by your logic, every fighting discipline is dead all the time.

I mean do you not realize the obvious flaw with this argument? You've got this short unofficial list in your head of "hyped up" prospects and to you that's the entire universe of wrestling to MMA prospects? I have a database with over 150 almost 200 names of wrestlers from all backgrounds, not just Americans but many internationals as well. And your rationale is that if any of them loses a single fight then they're busts. So your logic is quite literally "pick 5 random MMA fighters, they each did not go 29-0 like Khabib, wrestling is dead, QED."

The reality is that by your logic, every fighting discipline is dead all the time.
no one said wrestling is a dead artform dude. my criticism is toward the notion that this guy is supposedly some super prospect because he was a D1 wrestler. that used to be enough to get hyped about a prospect but it means fuck all now.

no one said wrestling is a dead artform dude. my criticism is toward the notion that this guy is supposedly some super prospect because he was a D1 wrestler. that used to be enough to get hyped about a prospect but it means fuck all now.
That just makes you petty. Because now the only thing you're disputing is someone casually using the word "super." Someone else was excited about a prospect so he, without thinking much used a generic adjective "super" and you're like "No! That adjective is bad!" Ok...?

Because there are many elite level MMA wrestling fighters employing their craft in leagues around the world. So it's not unreasonable to get excited when a good prospect comes to MMA, certainly not more unreasonable than getting excited over any prospect coming from a high pedigree from any other discipline. If your only argument is "you used the word super too casually" like, that's really petty.

That just makes you petty. Because now the only thing you're disputing is someone casually using the word "super." Someone else was excited about a prospect so he, without thinking much used a generic adjective "super" and you're like "No! That adjective is bad!" Ok...?

Because there are many elite level MMA wrestling fighters employing their craft in leagues around the world. So it's not unreasonable to get excited when a good prospect comes to MMA, certainly not more unreasonable than getting excited over any prospect coming from a high pedigree from any other discipline. If your only argument is "you used the word super too casually" like, that's really petty.
so you have nothing of value to add. right on. have a good one.

You seem like a pleasant fellow haha
lmao for real bro? you’re just nitpicking everything i’ve said because you completely misunderstood my point and want to save face. if you think i’m a petty asshole for thinking D1 wrestlers are meh when it comes to MMA prospects in 2021, then fine. don’t get too worked up about it.

lmao for real bro? you’re just nitpicking everything i’ve said because you completely misunderstood my point and want to save face. if you think i’m a petty asshole for thinking D1 wrestlers are meh when it comes to MMA prospects in 2021, then fine. don’t get too worked up about it.
Save face? Lool. At first I thought you were arguing a premise then you admitted to only arguing semantics. Forgive me for assuming you were making a substantive claim...

Now if you want to make a substantive claim we can talk about it. Because your arguments didn't improve, they are still without substance and kinda embarrassing. But if your only problem is that the guy used the word super then yeah, you're a petty person.

wow great refute to the points i’ve made! ncaa wrestling doesn’t matter like it used to anymore. that’s the ugly truth whether you like it or not.

the only chance these guys have is to join a world class gym immediately after making the crossover to mma and learn everything else before they debut. and this can still happen to them:

takedown defense is pretty simple now, get underhooks to defend a high double and stuff the head/yank your leg out for a low single. it doesn’t take long for elite strikers to learn this stuff anymore.

It's a great base, if someone relies on any one skill in MMA in 2021 they're toast, but it remains a great base to build on.

wrestlers have to become strikers when they can’t take their opponent down. that’s the case in every one of those fights except ruth/johnson where ruth did take him down and immediately got heel hooked.
Theres NOBODY at 205 that can stop his take downs. Bo Nickals style is PERFECT for MMA.

He's exactly that, a prospect lol. Just like some sambo champ or former boxing gold medalist would be a hyped prospect

He's exactly that, a prospect lol. Just like some sambo champ or former boxing gold medalist would be a hyped prospect
sure. and my comment was that prospects with this background don’t really pan out anymore. somehow this is a controversial take.

sure. and my comment was that prospects with this background don’t really pan out anymore. somehow this is a controversial take.
But they do lol . Pico is still a rising prospect. Gillespie has one loss where he got caught

But they do lol . Pico is still a rising prospect. Gillespie has one loss where he got caught
<puh-lease75>

pico loses every other fight. the rising prospect thing is dead for the time being. gillespie was thoroughly dominated by kevin lee and went through absolute hell against diego ferreira. if you think these guys are future contenders, fine, but i disagree.

<Lmaoo>
<puh-lease75>

pico loses every other fight. the rising prospect thing is dead for the time being. gillespie was thoroughly dominated by kevin lee and went through absolute hell against diego ferreira. if you think these guys are future contenders, fine, but i disagree.
This is the beautiful logic with this special fellow. No, he's not inconsistent. He just doesn't believe any prospects exist. See Rafael Fiziev got finished so he is clearly not a prospect. And Brad Riddell got finished by a nobody, oh and he went through "absolute hell" against Dober so he's obviously not a prospect. Forget guys like Hakeem Dawodu or Nassourdine Imavov of course they're not prospects I mean with 2 and 3 losses they've lost like...every other fight, if we do math poorly enough.

This has Bellator signing all over it if he's successful as an amateur.

Back