"Super Friends" versus White

Dana and the Superfriends should put all the BS aside for one night and just honor the moment. It isn't about any one of them as an individual.

It's like Axl Rose acting like a baby and not attending the R&R HOF induction of Guns n Roses for silly reasons. Just man up and be professional for a night.

I think everyone, and in this case, especially Dana, is handling this badly. Ken is being nice and that is making Dana look like the jerk in the situation.

dana should step in the cage for once since he likes to bash fighters so much.

Dana acts like a teenage attention whore.

If he wants the UFC to be taken more seriously, he should act more professionally.

It was the build up of tuf, getting to know the fighters and then having them have an exciting brawl on cable. It did save the UFC.

As for Dana, yeah he trashes people, but he's in a roll where he has to defend the UFC from bitter ex fighters accusations.

Never been a Shamrock fan or Tito either but they both played a part in keeping the UFC going. If it wasn't for those two guys the the UFC and MMA wouldn't have made it to TUF in the first place. Tito kept the UFC going all on his own for a long time until Chuck came in to dominate and take over.

This is personnel they don't get along and the UFC is Dana's play thing so he's degrading their heritage to get back at them.

Yes, kudos to the owners of Zuffa, billionaires, for investing twenty million into the UFC. I sincerely praise them for having taken that very minor sacrifice for their friend.

As far as retired fighters not taking a stand... would you? Dana White is the most powerful man in the sport and has a notorious temper. If you were retired, had a local MMA gym or other business connections related to MMA, would you stand up to a man who could destroy your life?

The only reason why Couture, the Shamrocks and Ortiz are speaking out is because they are in business with Bellator and have enough money, fame and recognition to be able to say "F U" to White and the Fertittas.

Yeah, Billionaires.. Motherfuckers!! how dare they be successful and have a crap ton of money!

Taking a stand on what? We should be able to shit talk the people that fed their family?

Affliction is as far as you need to look. New ORG pops up with the expressed intent to kill the UFC. Tito and Randy see $$ and try/do jump ship. Tossing any loytalty in the gutter without a second thought.

Super Friends passion is for themselves. So is Dana's, yours, mine, but Dana also has a passion for the sport as pointed out by a previous poster more eloquent then I.

Tito cares ONLY about Tito, Randy only about Randy.

The bulk of the $ and fame they all have (excluding Ken to an extent) is due to Dana/Zuffa and they just piss on it.

Yeah, Roryce is scared to say anything and Chuck and Coleman and Hughes and well everyone other then these guys... NO ONE has the "fame" that Tito has.

I'm very grateful to Tito for one thing. If he remained loyal, Dana would have probably let him be a commentator at this point. So thanks to Tito for making the quick money grabs anytime he got the chance there by avoiding me having to listen to that shit.

Ken Shamerock was a UFC 1 pioneer the man deserves his respect. Dana is just a dick fucker blackmailing all the former fighters that actually fought bare knuckles to help found the sport of MMA that it is today.

Dan Severn and Don Frye where they at? Oh yeah they are blacklisted and erased from UFC history.

Ken Shamerock was a UFC 1 pioneer the man deserves his respect. Dana is just a dick fucker blackmailing all the former fighters that actually fought bare knuckles to help found the sport of MMA that it is today.

Dan Severn and Don Frye where they at? Oh yeah they are blacklisted and erased from UFC history.

Unaware of any beef between Severn, Frye and Dana. I know Dan is in the HOF and at one point you could watch a sort of "best of" his fights on UFC.tv.

Not saying there isn't any thing, just that I'm unaware. Feel free to link info on it.

Unaware of any beef between Severn, Frye and Dana. I know Dan is in the HOF and at one point you could watch a sort of "best of" his fights on UFC.tv.

Not saying there isn't any thing, just that I'm unaware. Feel free to link info on it.

Don Frye left the UFC to go fight in Japan not only for competition but for better pay as well. You cannot blame him for that a family man has to do what is best for them. They still give him shit today, Dana White even called Frye a fucker and a nobody and still today are not on good terms.

The only fucker I see is him and him running the UFC is even more pathetic that is why I love it when UFC gets their PPV asses kicked and loses money when trying to compete against College Football Saturday.

while ken tends to act crazy most of the time, its bullshit how dana acts like ken did nothing for the ufc or wasnt any good.

Don Frye left the UFC to go fight in Japan not only for competition but for better pay as well. You cannot blame him for that a family man has to do what is best for them. They still give him shit today, Dana White even called Frye a fucker and a nobody and still today are not on good terms.

The only fucker I see is him and him running the UFC is even more pathetic that is why I love it when UFC gets their PPV asses kicked and loses money when trying to compete against College Football Saturday.

I can't blame him? hmm I guess not but it is what it is. You can blame Dana for being pissed as people jumped ship at UFC's weakest points?

You can always use the "feed my family" thing. People use it at my job to justify screwing others over all the time. Not that they are wrong but there needs to be a balance in my opinion otherwise you are just a POS.

So while I can see Fry's point it is a bit harder to swallow Randy/Tito (NO PUN!)

Anything with Dan or were you just mistaken?

Well I don't think any of us know the truth but I will say this: I believe Dana built this sport as much out of a love for the sport as about building his own business. I believe he's truly a fan and wants the UFC to be the best it can possibly be. I've seen him turn down big money matchups that would've helped the UFC's bottom line but he didn't make those matches to preserve the integrity and safety of the sport. Imagine how bad Chuck would be slurring his words if a scumbag promoter all about the $$$ was willing to make matches with him (that would've still sold) until he was a vegetable.

Ken was never about building the sport. He's a prize fighter, and I think he's a little bitter about how much he made when he was big and how much the biggest draws make now. I think he was (and I'm not saying this is wrong) all about getting himself paid and I think some of those decisions (like how he conducted himself with the UFC, suing them) bit him in the ass. You can't sue your employer and expect them to kowtow to you a decade + later.

Without Ken, the sport would be about where it is today. Without Dana? Not the same, not even close. The respect between these two should be flowing mainly from Ken to Dana, not vice-versa, regardless of who was in the game first.

That comment is just as crazy as anything Dana's been saying.

Ken Shamrock created the first MMA team, the Lion's Den, and he used to literally house fighters and train them. Supposedly, the only pay that Shamrock took from them was a percentage to keep the gym open, not to make a huge personal profit.

At one point, the UFC & Pancrase were filled with Lion's Den fighters.

As for the UFC, of course Dana & the Fertittas get major props.

But don't forget, they were doing SHIT PPV numbers when they first bought the thing. Horrible numbers.

Shamrock v Tito 1 is the first time Zuffa did big numbers. Shamrock gave the UFC a ton of promotion because he was a very popular figure.

I think the credit belongs to the deep pockets of the Fertittas more than anything else. They asked Dana to shop around for buyers after getting tired of bleeding cash right before UFCs fortunes turned around.

There is controversy over how the UFC is being portrayed as having being the pioneer in the fight to get the sport sanctioned which isn't true.

This. The Fertitta's threw millions of dollars at the promotion while it was sinking, knowing the probability of success was slim. They deserve the most credit by far.

I don't like the fact that Dana gets involved in these childish disputes but Tito, Ken, Frank, and Randy all left the UFC to make money elsewhere. Turns out none of them were bigger than the UFC and they are bitter about it.

It irritates me that the president of the biggest MMA organization in the world gets involved with this childish bullshit. I don't care if the publicity he gets from these electronic catfights somehow drives P4P sales, it's bush league.

Brilliant wording. A much more accurate assessment of these situations than "twitter war". Permission to re-use in the future?

So, for those who are unaware, Ken Shamrock has had a pretty vicious back-and-forth twitter war with UFC President Dana White.

Dana has went so far as to claim that Ken Shamrock had his "ass beat since 1996", was famous for just "getting beat by Royce" and even said that Tito/Shamrock did nothing for the UFC, it was TUF 1. Ken on the other hand seemed more defensive and asked White not to downplay the Hall of Famers' (Ortiz, Couture, himself and Frank Shamrock) impact on MMA.

I, for one, don't think it helps anyone when some the legends of the sport are put down by the chief promoter. Regardless of what anyone thinks, Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz created a series of fights that kept this sport going in an uncertain time.

The importance of TUF 1 is pretty exaggerated in my honest opinion. I am sure it had an impact, but regardless ONE fight cannot have that much of an impact.

URL: http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/28/4779132/bad-blood-boils-over-between-dana-white-ken-shamrock

Discuss.

Ken says a lot of garbage all the time, but I think he actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about for once, on this one. Too much credit is given to Griffin/Bonnar. So much so that I would be surprised if more people know who Bonnar is than Shamrock. Dana would do himself better if he just ignored the BS, as opposed to playing into it. You would think a man in his position would be above it. However, I feel that he stoops lower than his opposition at times. You get the sense that Dana is the small picture guy and the rest of Zuffa worries about the big picture, lol.

That comment is just as crazy as anything Dana's been saying.

Ken Shamrock created the first MMA team, the Lion's Den, and he used to literally house fighters and train them. Supposedly, the only pay that Shamrock took from them was a percentage to keep the gym open, not to make a huge personal profit.

At one point, the UFC & Pancrase were filled with Lion's Den fighters.

As for the UFC, of course Dana & the Fertittas get major props.

But don't forget, they were doing SHIT PPV numbers when they first bought the thing. Horrible numbers.

Shamrock v Tito 1 is the first time Zuffa did big numbers. Shamrock gave the UFC a ton of promotion because he was a very popular figure.

qft

Back