Super fly Jimmie Snuka

genecop

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This just In, he just got locked up for murdering his girlfriend in 1983.....Anyone remember him?

I think I remember him wasnt he some cheap Sivi Afi knockoff?

Lmao does anyone remember one of the greatest wrestlers of all time...... hmmmmm..... hmmmmm..... Also it was pretty much wrestling folklore that he murdered his gf, we all knew for a while.

Sounds like a bunch of smarky neckbeards in here...

Coming from the guy who can't tell his wife he watches wrestling so he watches it on his Ipad in his work restroom, I"ll take that as a compliment.

Wouldnt marry a woman who hates wrestling

Most girls never figure I'd be the type to watch wrestling, so when I tell them they think it's like some little cute nerdy thing.

Snuka was the most popular wrestler in the world in 83-84.

He used to be my fav wrestler as a kid. I don't know what to think about this. He'll have his day in court and we'll see what happens.

I know Snuka has some stomach cancer surgery he is recovering from recently according to Bill Apter. Now this.....Yikes.

i remember when he was arrested in syracuse for beating her up. then a few months later she's dead. i don't know why the allentown police and syracuse police didn't help each other out on this one. hmmmmmmmm....

this was when he was wildly popular, had great feuds with backlund, then ray stevens, lou albano, muraco, samoans and piper. certainly popular enough to hold a title but you can't when your outside life is a mess.

everyone wonders why backlund held the belt for so long? one reason might be is he wasn't a liability like superstar graham or snuka haha haaaaa

Snuka was the most popular wrestler in the world in 83-84.

Which is almost certainly why he got away with it. If he'd have been a replaceable midcarder or a factory worker or the like, he'd have been in jail.

He used to be my fav wrestler as a kid. I don't know what to think about this. He'll have his day in court and we'll see what happens.

He probably won't. The cancer will probably kill him before a trial can conclude. And if not, he'll probably play the "too ill and feeble for jail" card successfully.

There's no doubting what to think about it, though.
He was a chronic coke abuser, chronic woman beater, there was physical evidence, and his lame cover stories kept changing.
He killed (probably unintentionally, but that part will never be known) his on the side groupie gf while beating her, like he usually did.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f48/jimmy-superfly-snuka-arrested-3059237/index3.html

Which is almost certainly why he got away with it. If he'd have been a replaceable midcarder or a factory worker or the like, he'd have been in jail.

He probably won't. The cancer will probably kill him before a trial can conclude. And if not, he'll probably play the "too ill and feeble for jail" card successfully.

There's no doubting what to think about it, though.
He was a chronic coke abuser, chronic woman beater, there was physical evidence, and his lame cover stories kept changing.
He killed (probably unintentionally, but that part will never be known) his on the side groupie gf while beating her, like he usually did.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f48/jimmy-superfly-snuka-arrested-3059237/index3.html

It's still not my job to judge him. We're talking about something that happened 32 years ago (hard to believe it's been that long) and maybe his mind was failing him, which accounts for the discrepancy in his story. Not everyone tells the same story the same way every time they talk about it. He could be lying, he may not be lying.

Let's see what can be proven against him and go from there.

Snuka's body sure did change a lot between 81 and 82 when he went full roider. From the sounds of it he seemed like one of the first wrestlers to be jacked up like that while doing all those other drugs, as well as taking those high flying bumps. I'm not saying it's an excuse, but he was probably in a different world that we can't imagine and that a lot of the other wrestlers at the time couldn't relate to. In the mid to late 80's-90's most wrestlers could probably relate to his chemical mixture and fucked up lifestyle. Couple that with the fame, he was probably unraveling.

As a fan, I always thought it was disappointing that Snuka wasn't wrestling at the first Wrestlemania. Looking back, I don't even know why Vince would have Snuka in Hogan/Mr. T's corner with all the media attention on the event. I mean, why risk attracting that kind of attention? I remember Snuka "disappeared" not too long after that. I recall seeing him wrestle on the Financial News Network against Jerry Lawler of all people (on break from Memphis) in Hawaii in 85. He didn't come back to a major territory until he showed up in the AWA in 86, feuding with Col DeBeers. It was clear his best days were behind him, as he was not in the same shape as the Snuka from 82-84'.

It's still not my job to judge him. We're talking about something that happened 32 years ago (hard to believe it's been that long) and maybe his mind was failing him, which accounts for the discrepancy in his story. Not everyone tells the same story the same way every time they talk about it. He could be lying, he may not be lying.

The story changing isn't recent.
He told completely different stories to different people within 0-48 hours of it happening.
Couldn't decide which lie sounded best.

The story changing isn't recent.
He told completely different stories to different people within 0-48 hours of it happening.
Couldn't decide which lie sounded best.

Or he didn't know what he saw with all the chemicals were in his system and his mind didn't know what it saw/did.

Is justice served?... Most likely. Am I shocked so many Sherdoggers are really over 30?....

Back