Super fights, UFC vs Bellator

Rob didn't break up his streak with intermittent losses.

In any event, I'm not attempting to knock on Mousasi. I was just digging on people for absurd comments such as "Mousasi is the greatest. Rob sucks." Fact is, Whittaker has earned his position as champion. Mousasi was an amazing addition to the UFC roster and I wish he were still there instead of fighting the Schlemenkos of Bellator.

Who is saying this in this thread, I don't understand preemptive complaining, it's weird. Wait for someone to actually say the quote you are complaining about. Otherwise you're just making stuff up to complain about while pretending someone else said it.

Last edited:
Lol
Elite = a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society.

Where does Ryan Bader/Phil Davis fall in the LHW category by these standards? Two top 5 talents in their division aren’t elite lol. Whatever you say bud. If the UFC threw a turd in the octagon and Joe Rogan started screaming “This Guy is a top 5 LHW.” You’d probably say the turd was better than Bader and Davis. UFC can brainwash ppl so easily.
I dunno how much Bellator is paying you to promote their fighters, but you're not doing a very good job.

So you're saying that regardless of how good they are, top 5 = elite? So, if Phil and Bader are your 2 and 3, who are your 4 and 5, because by your logic they are elite.

A superfight is between 2 elite status fighters, but there is only 1 of those at that weight currently, in my opinion. I stand by that statement.

You think Phil and Bader are better than I do, that's fine, I just disagree.

Not sure why you think I'm an uninformed casual fan just because we disagree on something subjective.

How about Patricio Pitbull vs Aldo? The only one I see Bellator winning is maybe Mousasi and maybe Pitbull over Aldo. Both are maybe. Lol at Chandler over Khabib.

How about Patricio Pitbull vs Aldo? The only one I see Bellator winning is maybe Mousasi and maybe Pitbull over Aldo. Both are maybe. Lol at Chandler over Khabib.

Chandler matches up well with Khabib he has a better shot of beating Khabib than almost anyone I can think of(up there with Gaethje and Ferguson) but I would favor Khabib.

Last edited:
In UFC he's not a top-10 HW and probably not a top-5 LHW.

You are overrating the HW and LHW divisions. Those divisions are garbage right now. First of all, Bader WAS a top 5 light LHW prior to leaving the UFC. It is weaker now than it was then. I have Jones and Gus ahead of him right now, I'd probably favor him over everyone else. He really only loses to elite fighters. And you have Derrick Lewis in the top 10 at HW. Bader would just grapplefuck him. He's one of the best wrestlers at either weight.

Right, and that group is currently 1 man in that division.
Lol this is not a disagreement. You are actually just wrong. You’re undermining fighter’s abilities because they left the UFC. If Bader and Davis were in the UFC still you’d be sucking em off. Nobody is paying me anything. Elite fighters are elite fighters regardless of where they fight. Sorry that it just happens to be in Bellator and you only watch/acknowledge Dana White.

I would pay big money to watch Moose vs Bobby Knuckles.

As for WW... Until proven otherwise, it's McDonald for me.

Lol this is not a disagreement. You are actually just wrong. You’re undermining fighter’s abilities because they left the UFC. If Bader and Davis were in the UFC still you’d be sucking em off. Nobody is paying me anything. Elite fighters are elite fighters regardless of where they fight. Sorry that it just happens to be in Bellator and you only watch/acknowledge Dana White.
You are so incredibly wrong on most fronts here, but there is no point to debating any more, we just don't see it the same way.

If you think that Davis and Bader are in the same league as Jones, I mean, there's really nothing else for me to say.

DC isn't even close to Jones, and IMO he was still way ahead of "prime" Davis and Bader even at nearly 40 years old.

It has nothing to do with UFC vs other promotions, I don't care where someone is fighting.

You are so incredibly wrong on most fronts here, but there is no point to debating any more, we just don't see it the same way.

If you think that Davis and Bader are in the same league as Jones, I mean, there's really nothing else for me to say.

DC isn't even close to Jones, and IMO he was still way ahead of "prime" Davis and Bader even at nearly 40 years old.

It has nothing to do with UFC vs other promotions, I don't care where someone is fighting.

He's not comparing them to Jones, he's saying that there is more than just one elite fighter at LHW. Saying that there is only one elite fighter in a division is a pretty rediculous thing to say.

He'd push top 5 in ufc...

You might wanna check his record and past opponents
I know all about his record and past opponents, and he's a very good fighter.

He's miles behind Jones, and likely way behind DC before he retired too.

My point is not about whether he is one of the best in the weight class, it's about the gap between the best and the rest, and he's part of the rest because Jones is that much better than everyone else at LHW.

Davis hasn't beaten a top notch opponent in almost 6 years. He's lost all his latest fights against his most dangerous opponents...Nemkov, Bader x 2, Rumble.

He beat a washed-up McGeary, King Mo, and a few decent but not great fighters.

Where's there greatness? Why is that elite?

My point is not about whether he is one of the best in the weight class, it's about the gap between the best and the rest, and he's part of the rest because Jones is that much better than everyone else at LHW.

Davis hasn't beaten a top notch opponent in almost 6 years. He's lost all his latest fights against his most dangerous opponents...Nemkov, Bader x 2, Rumble.

Why are you so negative? Also, if you think McGreary looked washed up then I don't think you know what you're watching. McGreary looked in much better shape and like his TDD improved a lot but since he had to worry about the takedowns and he has toothpick legs he still lost the stand up portion of the fight.

Why does elite have to be limited to a single fighter in a division? No one else has such a limited definition of the word.

I never said he's elite....but he'd definitely be competitive against almost anyone aside from Jones. Nowadays i don't even know if there's a number 2 at lhw....it's just a mess.

He's not comparing them to Jones, he's saying that there is more than just one elite fighter at LHW. Saying that there is only one elite fighter in a division is a pretty rediculous thing to say.
In that division, it just happens to be true.

His own definition was "Elite = a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society."

That group is 1 person, because the rest are not superior in terms of ability yada yada.

1 guy stands above the rest currently in LHW weight class of MMA.

It's the only men's division where 1 fighter looks unbeatable by any of the others, but that's just how it is.

In that division, it just happens to be true.

His own definition was "Elite = a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society."

That group is 1 person, because the rest are not superior in terms of ability yada yada.

1 guy stands above the rest currently in LHW weight class of MMA.

It's the only men's division where 1 fighter looks unbeatable by any of the others, but that's just how it is.

Group, how can you have a group of 1? That's like saying a one fight win streak.

Back