Super Cissus Rx anabolic effect?

bakuninist

White Belt
Reaction score
i've been experiencing some mild joint pain (probably from mediocre lifting form that i've since taken steps to correct) and ordered some super cissus rx to help deal with it, based on recommendations i'd read here at S&P.

the stuff arrived today and, reading the label, i found that it can have an anabolic effect and "may contain ingredients that are banned by sports organizations."

for several reasons (including upcoming amateur boxing competition), i'm hesitant to take the stuff now.

any advice or experience with drug testing and cissus?

I am taking it right now because of tendinitis, it hasn't really seemed to help. You may be better off not taking it until you finish your upcoming competitions.

It can/may help if your problem is tendinitis, stress fracture, partially torn ligament/tendon(also u may want to up the suggested dosage as it's relatively low at times....)...etc...joint wise...ie cartilage....you better go with glucosamine/chondroitin/msm and stack with hyaluronic acid(try find 20+mg)

Run it past someone in your boxing region to clear it and you should be okay.

It is supposed to have an anabolic effect at some dosages, but I haven't seen them when I was using it.

Maybe they're pulling a Balco and putting oral steroids in there?

Run it past someone in your boxing region to clear it and you should be okay.

It is supposed to have an anabolic effect at some dosages, but I haven't seen them when I was using it.

Maybe they're pulling a Balco and putting oral steroids in there?

For some reason I seriously doubt most people involved in boxing have heard of cissus. I know it is somewhat gaining popularity, but everyone I've ever mentioned it to has never given me more than a dumb look.

thanks for the responses. i'll see what the boxing folks have to say, but in any event i'll probably steer clear of the stuff in the short term. i have glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM as well, so hopefully those will do the trick.

I took Super Cissus Rx. I never felt any effects, anabolic or otherwise, unfortunately.

I would look to other solutions than using a supplement that has nothing other than anecdotal results. I need to see studies.

The problem is that when you're hurt, you'll do anything to heal.

i took cissus for one thing and it did nothing. took it for something else and it was magical.

For some reason I seriously doubt most people involved in boxing have heard of cissus. I know it is somewhat gaining popularity, but everyone I've ever mentioned it to has never given me more than a dumb look.
My point was that you'll have approval or not - I'm pretty sure that he'll get a dumb look as well, but at least they'll check against a list of stuff to determine if it's banned or not.

Cissus wont for everything and everyone just like any other supplement or even drug. That's just a reality. I have used it for over two years for great success for when I had a bad tendinitis in my elbow, when i injured my wrist, when I sprain tendons in my hip area....etc....I took fairly large dosages using powder....sometimes a full tspn twice a day....with Vitamin C....and it's been amazing. Problem with many capsules is that the dosages are too low even at the higher concentrations of the main ingredient.

Anabolic effects are either not present or highly exaggerated.

Every person I have ever mentioned to never heard of it.

Back