Super Bowl LIII Los Angeles Rams vs. New England Patriots Thread version 1.0

Is Andy Reid a choker

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t he run a 4-3
Williams' arrival likely means a radical change for the Jets, who have operated a 3-4 base defense since 2006. Williams typically runs an attacking 4-3 scheme, predicated on heavy blitzing. He inherits a unit that finished 29th in total yards and 23rd in scoring. In fact, the Jets allowed 441 points, the second-highest total in franchise history.

The top player was safety Jamal Adams, who made the Pro Bowl in his second season. The Jets believe Williams' aggressive scheme and fiery personality will spark defensive end Leonard Williams and linebacker Darron Lee, former first-round picks who haven't lived up to expectations.

With the third pick in the draft, the Jets are in position to select a top defensive lineman or perhaps a much-needed edge rusher.

Read more:http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25770455/gregg-williams-defensive-coordinator-new-york-jets

He does.

Is Rex part of McVay’s coaching tree?

If not there is no reason to hire him.

I was honestly willing to overlook Gabe’s bandwagon habits. But after he mentioned having sushi for lunch I don’t think he’s any better than the serial killers of the sea(sharks). Absolutely disgraceful to have a murder advocate working with animals daily.

Bruh, just because I’m a lifelong Masshole Pats fan that loves sushi doesn’t mean I supported the actions of Aaron Hernandez.

Want to wager on that?
Nope. Just hate the crams for beating my cowboys. But my trick is to raise expectations so high that way if they win then I’m right and if they lose then it’s fucking sad as fuck fuck these crams but they should win it all since they’re so good right.

I've done enough work in at the International Criminal Court to know that many of those sharks had no chance of innocence. The same legal terms that apply to sharks also apply to killer whales, whose intelligence is highly overrated. KW's can barely swim themselves out of an open enclosure, yet the same terms apply. I think it's bias (the same way pitbulls are universally feared), but that's just my opinion

@Zookeeper Gabe can probably expand upon this
as an esteemed supporter of the shark community, it’s a shame they are unfairly grouped with other fish felons. With true aquatic attorney representation they can receive fair trials vindicating themselves to the sea world.

Nope. Just hate the crams for beating my cowboys. But my trick is to raise expectations so high that way if they win then I’m right and if they lose then it’s fucking sad as fuck fuck these crams but they should win it all since they’re so good right.
stop calling them your cowboys. it’s making me uncomfortable.

Bob honestly should have been fired after the playoff loss to the Titans last year. His scheme is dated and he fails to adjust to what the other team is doing.

Well he’s gone.
That’s a great thing.

And yeah, I was being too nice. You are 100% correct.

Has this been posted yet?

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2019/01/21/monday-hot-clicks-rams-saints-pass-interference-rule-17

Everyone agrees that Nickell Robey-Coleman’s egregious pass interference that went unpenalized changed the fabric of the NFC Championship Game. Robey-Coleman himself admits it was a penalty. The no-call forced the Saints to settle for a field goal in the final minutes instead of being awarded a first down, which would have allowed them to at least run more time off the clock if not score a touchdown.

People in New Orleans will be playing “what if” for years, but it turns out Roger Goodell has the power to turn the hypothetical into reality. As Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio points out, an obscure NFL rule gives the commissioner the authority to overturn the result of the game and force Los Angeles and New Orleans to replay the end of the game.

“The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which the Commissioner deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game,” Rule 17, Section 2, Article 1 states.

Article 3 of the same rule gives the commissioner the authority to reverse the result of the game and order it be played again “either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred.”

If Goodell weren’t the spineless chump we already know him to be, he could throw a flag all the way from Park Avenue, award the Saints a first down at the spot of the Robey-Coleman interference and summon both teams back onto the field in New Orleans to decide fair and square who gets to go to the Super Bowl.

I’ve never wanted a thing to happen so badly in my entire life. Could you imagine the chaos? Could you imagine the takes? Could you imagine the reaction in New Orleans if the Saints just lost again after all that? Do it, Goodell.​

I agree with SI tho that it'll never happen, even though it definitely should

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2019/01/21/monday-hot-clicks-rams-saints-pass-interference-rule-17

Everyone agrees that Nickell Robey-Coleman’s egregious pass interference that went unpenalized changed the fabric of the NFC Championship Game. Robey-Coleman himself admits it was a penalty. The no-call forced the Saints to settle for a field goal in the final minutes instead of being awarded a first down, which would have allowed them to at least run more time off the clock if not score a touchdown.

People in New Orleans will be playing “what if” for years, but it turns out Roger Goodell has the power to turn the hypothetical into reality. As Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio points out, an obscure NFL rule gives the commissioner the authority to overturn the result of the game and force Los Angeles and New Orleans to replay the end of the game.

“The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which the Commissioner deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game,” Rule 17, Section 2, Article 1 states.

Article 3 of the same rule gives the commissioner the authority to reverse the result of the game and order it be played again “either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred.”

If Goodell weren’t the spineless chump we already know him to be, he could throw a flag all the way from Park Avenue, award the Saints a first down at the spot of the Robey-Coleman interference and summon both teams back onto the field in New Orleans to decide fair and square who gets to go to the Super Bowl.

I’ve never wanted a thing to happen so badly in my entire life. Could you imagine the chaos? Could you imagine the takes? Could you imagine the reaction in New Orleans if the Saints just lost again after all that? Do it, Goodell.​

Only if Vince McMahon was running the NFL. In fact, I hope he does that shit in the XFL.

I like the other 'obscure rule', that allows failure prone officials to be beheaded after completely ruining a series of important games.
Would watch.

Slippery slope, and weird. Do the players get paid extra? Would the Rams want to play an extra game while the Patriots sip mai tais and each others cocks? Fans would be calling for it every game forever.

Who cares. Get over it and move on. Saints fans can ESAL.

No chance.

This isnt the first bad call or non call in an NFL game. Wont be the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back