Sup with this robbery BS? Both fighters won 2 rounds convincingly, 1 close round

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BayStyles, Sep 21, 2013.

1. BayStyles

BayStyles Black Belt

Gus won the 1st round and the 3rd round
    Jones won the 4th round and the 5th round

2nd round is the swing vote, and I personally though Jones won that round. Gus didn't land as much as he did in the first round, while Jones landed a lot of his front side kicks, landed an elbow and also a headkick.

I think people are just emotional and excited right now because for the first time in his career, Jones got the fight taken to him and got beat up, got cut, and got a fat lip.

I for one say rematch, please.

2. MisterFists

MisterFists Brown Belt

This, but we don't need immediate rematch. Let Glover get a shot, he's not getting any younger.

3. Mongler

Mongler Yellow Belt

Yea, this was every bit of the word "draw". I don't think people realize how close this was, and we all need to go back and watch the fight again. This was seriously the fucking definition of draw.

Either way, this was Fight of the Year for me, and one of the greatest fights I've ever seen. Bring on Jones v Gus 2.

4. TheKnightMare

TheKnightMare Silver Belt

Because people don't like Jones and close fights = robbery on Sherdog.

5. OneBoredColeman

OneBoredColeman Blue Belt

This.

Too many people hate Jones so there's a little bias there. I like to think the fight was a draw, I would have to rewatch it to say who won.