SUMO - 2020 Kyushu Basho (Nov. 8th - Nov. 22nd)

Respect to Kotoshogiku

hahaha nice, looks like Kotoeko is his tsukebito there. the good old hug and chug, when he was in his prime he was almost unstoppable with the gaburi-yori.

Wakatakakage almost made Terunofuji pay for going for a cheap pull, but couldn't quite finish him off. glad to see Terunofuji going for his 8th win tomorrow, but that was a close one.

not so for Takakeisho though, he's looking very solid.

hahaha nice, looks like Kotoeko is his tsukebito there. the good old hug and chug, when he was in his prime he was almost unstoppable with the gaburi-yori.

Wakatakakage almost made Terunofuji pay for going for a cheap pull, but couldn't quite finish him off. glad to see Terunofuji going for his 8th win tomorrow, but that was a close one.

not so for Takakeisho though, he's looking very solid.
It's so wild that dude got so damn far with that thrusting action. Ladies must love it.

Terunofuji probably gonna stop playing around after that one. Just keep actually tossing dudes out.

Takakeisho showing improvements this Basho, he's not just giving up once his forward charge fails. There's some variation, could this Basho be the start of his big push to Yokozuna?

Naya got his kachikoshi already at 4-0, they can't deny him a Juryo promotion this time

This is my boy Takarafuji's basho for sure. He's been waiting in the dark for years sculpting his glutes and thighs like a Renaissance master, and now he's about to reveal his true power.

Some midway analysis.

Like Most, if you follow Jason's Sumo Channel you've noticed he's had a replacement for few days. I've followed JWags Youtube channel, he's got a lot of fun Sumo content. I've posted something he's done before in other threads but he has a cool series on what would happen if Hakuho never existed. Who would win Basho in his place. It's a cool concept that not a lot of people talk about.

man, after a close match on day 7, Terunofuji loses on day 8. Daieisho is a tough guy though and can't be taken lightly.

another bad loss for Enho too. imo his tachiai was good and he got inside immediately, but he stopped once he got there. i think going in hard at the tachiai can work for him but he'll have to work and move immediately once he gets inside.

man, after a close match on day 7, Terunofuji loses on day 8. Daieisho is a tough guy though and can't be taken lightly.

another bad loss for Enho too. imo his tachiai was good and he got inside immediately, but he stopped once he got there. i think going in hard at the tachiai can work for him but he'll have to work and move immediately once he gets inside.

Hakuho gonna give Enho another L after this dreadful performance

Shout out to Aoiyama for reliably losing to Enho. Let's get 5 more of those or so and perhaps he won't be bounced to Juryo

Shout out to Aoiyama for reliably losing to Enho. Let's get 5 more of those or so and perhaps he won't be bounced to Juryo
what a nice guy. "here little buddy, grab ahold of my big meaty thigh and i'll let you have this one!"

what a scrappy day 9 too. tons of wild back and forth matches, and the man himself Tobizaru getting the big win to open up the race more.

what a nice guy. "here little buddy, grab ahold of my big meaty thigh and i'll let you have this one!"

what a scrappy day 9 too. tons of wild back and forth matches, and the man himself Tobizaru getting the big win to open up the race more.

Takarafuji shined here. The thicc train is coming, choo choo

Hopefully everyone else will be a generous when facing Enho

Tobizaru with that same look terutsuyoshi had when he beat asanoyama. Well done

Takarafuji shined here. The thicc train is coming, choo choo
Takarafuji always generates surprising power from a very upright position, but i couldn't believe he pulled out a win from there.

No worries. Ishiura will re-enter and replace enho in that case so someone's gonna play the role of Ray Mysterio.

I don't mind if enho sometimes left the main card to cultivate his new arsenals to come back stronger.

No worries. Ishiura will re-enter and replace enho in that case so someone's gonna play the role of Ray Mysterio.

I don't mind if enho sometimes left the main card to cultivate his new arsenals to come back stronger.
Ishiura seems to struggle more than Enho but I suspect you're right about him needing time off the main card to reevaluate himself.

and to get that weight up

wow, a couple of weird tachiai in the early matches. the Enho one was by design but the Aoiyama/Kaisei one was real bad.

i was really hoping Takarafuji would win his match with Hokutofuji too, but it was a great back and forth match.

and good to see a huge power move with the tsuridashi from Terunofuji.

Back