suggestions....

Tone C

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
And to go fornicate myself isn't a valid one , I hear that enough.

Found myself listening to a lot of:

Credence Clearwater
Faces
Rolling Stones
Black Crows
Quireboys
Rod Stewart ( stop laughing)

Anyone got any suggestions for other bands to listen to similar to those please?

Gram Parsons would probably be the first guy to check out.

Humble Pie would be next

Royal Trux's excellent Thank You is heavily influenced by the Stone's.

The remix of Primal Scream's Give Out couldn't be more Stones. The original version wasn't that great but they recently put out the alternative remix which is really good.

Endless Boogie. They're more psychedelic I guess but there's definitely Creedence in there. Vibe Killer is a good one.

The Black Angels. Their first album is mostly all Velvets but after that they went psychedelic/biker rock. Phosphene Dream is worth checking out.

If you're not averse to trying something from the 21st century, give The Teskey Brothers a whirl. Aussie lads. Got an old school feel.

My shower song.

giphy.gif

Credence Clearwater
Faces
Rolling Stones
Black Crows
Quireboys

Anyone got any suggestions for other bands to listen to similar to those please?

Muddy Waters - Hard Again & King Bee
Leon Russell
The Black Keys
Calexico
Buddy Miles - Them Changes
Little Feat - Feats Don't Fail Me Now & Sailin' Shoes
Howlin' Wolf
The Meters
Robert Cray - Bad Influence & False Accusations
Dream Syndicate - first album
John Lee Hooker
J. Geils Band - Full House
Robert Palmer - Sneaking Sally Through the Alley & Pressure Drop

Dire Straits.

Bob Seger and Bruce Springsteen - some of their stuff is hard to get into because of how earnest (to the point of seeming cheesy) it is, but they both have a wealth of awesome songs that are in the vein of what you are listening to.

Credence Clearwater
Faces
Rolling Stones
Black Crows
Quireboys

https://rateyourmusic.com/customcha...=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

That's the RYM blues rock list, might be worth checking out some of the bands on there that you haven't heard.

That's great, thanks folks. Much appreciated. I already have a couple of those I listen to but there's a lot of useful artists too x

Dire Straits.

Bob Seger and Bruce Springsteen - some of their stuff is hard to get into because of how earnest (to the point of seeming cheesy) it is, but they both have a wealth of awesome songs that are in the vein of what you are listening to.

Got all the Dire Straits albums and lots of Bob Seger songs downloaded. Never really got into Bruce but I may try again..

Got all the Dire Straits albums and lots of Bob Seger songs downloaded. Never really got into Bruce but I may try again..
I would suggest starting with the “Nebraska” album, it’s my favorite. A bit more stripped down than a lot of his more famous stuff, but all the more powerful.

Yes... Yes is a good band, I'd also reccomend Kansas and Rainbow. As far as blues rock goes you might like Gary Moore or Joe Bonamassa. I'm sure you're already well aware of artists like SRV and Clapton.

Not heard of Joe Bonamassa, I'll give him a go too, cheers

Back