Suggestions for protecting the holiest of holy places..

Altephor

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have decided to invest in a cup after pinching the boys when pulling an armbar. Not fun for me, probably even less fun for the other guy. So what's the best, and most comfortable one out there? I was looking at ShockDoctor Compression Shorts, but I wanted to make sure I was getting something that was not going to severely hinder my already very limited flexibility.

What I do is I wear normal Under Armour compression shorts, then I wear the Shock Doctor Compression Shorts on top of those. It works really well in keeping everything in place.

I just wear compression shorts(Underarmour) and a normal jock and cup over it.

My only thing about the ShockDoctor compression shorts is they are a bit pricey compared to a normal jock and cup.

everyone knows you just do the old russian body hardening to strengthen the groin, because you won't be wearing a cup in a street fight.

It's all better than hurt, swollen balls. And don't worry about flexibility, you won't notice much difference when you roll. I really don't get why guys don't wear cups.

It's all better than hurt, swollen balls. And don't worry about flexibility, you won't notice much difference when you roll. I really don't get why guys don't wear cups.

every time I wear one I feel like I have just been kicked in the balls the whole time it's on.

And one of my nuts had popped out before, and that shit hurt way worse than any kick to my balls ever.

Fuck cups. I wear compression shorts so I don't dangle my junk in peoples faces, but cups are more uncomfortable than getting kneed in the balls.

Ok well I guess I don't really get the difference between the compression shorts and a jock.. a little embarrassing but hey, I haven't done any sports that required one since I played hockey when I was like 7.

The shock doctor shorts look like they're essentially boxer briefs with a cup built into the front. Am I incorrect on this?

I'm telling you....Nutty Buddy! Money back, guarantee anyway so you've got nothing to lose.

Yeah well then another embarrassing question.. if I went with one of those.. how in the world do I know what size to get? :redface:

I mostly wear the shock doctor compression shorts and think they are great. I hear a lot of complaints on them, but I have had a stable experience.

Yeah well then another embarrassing question.. if I went with one of those.. how in the world do I know what size to get? :redface:

Sorry...but if you have to ask....go with the small. :icon_twis

Ask a woman's opinion. Alternatively, stick with Bcarr's advice. I have the Adult Large because I am currently a bit out of shape and think more space for my nuts is important to have. They do have a size chart based on height and weight if you look though.

Go with their online sizing chart. I got the largest size :redface: because I was well into the largest category. It could be dicey if you're on the border though. Do a search and you can find an awesome review, then just PM a couple people and ask their size. Or shit, order two sizes and keep the one that fits.

Although it isnt' the most comfortable I have a muay thai steel cup. It's one bad mo'. It's almost a weapon in itself when it comes to armbars.

Go with their online sizing chart. I got the largest size :redface: because I was well into the largest category. It could be dicey if you're on the border though. Do a search and you can find an awesome review, then just PM a couple people and ask their size. Or shit, order two sizes and keep the one that fits.

I went with the Large (1 down from the largest), and I got it today, tried it on and the sides dig into my upper thighs. I tried a few shadow BJJ moves and it seemed ok, but then attempted a sprawl (very slowly) and it's just painful. Would going down a size fix this issue you think?

The shock doctor with the jock works fine for me.

I've been using the nutty buddy for about a month and I'm not very happy with it. I've been using their suggested jock and compression shorts with it but in some situations it is painful to wear. When I have someones back the pressure causes it to dig in on the sides of the cup, the same thing happens in mount. When the cups digs in it is fairly painful, not painful enough to cause me to release the position but painful enough to break my concentration. Also when I'm attempting an armbar and I'm pushing off their hip and whipping my leg over it feels like the cup is trying to roll in side the jock. This is pretty painful and screws up the transition to armbar.

I'm going out to try and find a shock doctor bioflex? cup tomorrow and then I'll be rolling with it later that night. I'll post the results here.

Also I've tried two different sizes of nutty buddy and still have the same problem

Back