Suggestions for my strength training

MAAddict**

☭Soviet Comrade☭
Reaction score
The following is a two day split, alongside my I've embarked on for my upcoming shoot fighting match in August. Any suggestions are welcome.(Note: I'm doing a two day split to concentrate more on my striking and groundwork)

Day 1:

Kettle bell swings
Hang Cleans
Deadlift
Front/Zercher Squat
Kettle bell clean and press
Hanging Leg Rises

Day 2:
Kettle bell swings
Barbell Snatch
Pullups/Lat-Pulldowns
Back Squat
Bent Over Rows
Hanging Leg Rises

Looks like you've got a lot of good exercises. Might be a bit much for only two days. Perhaps add some overhead pressing as well. Don't bother with lat pulldowns.

Looks like you've got a lot of good exercises. Might be a bit much for only two days. Perhaps add some overhead pressing as well. Don't bother with lat pulldowns.

military presses, push jerks?

The KB swings, KB clean and press, Hang cleans, and barbell snatch all focus on explosive extension of the hips and knees. There's no need to have this type of movement 5 times in 2 workouts. Maybe just the Barbell snatch, and KB clean and press.

I think you'd be better served with something more along the lines of the 2 day split from the FAQ. Add barbell snatches, and KB clean and press, and finish with some core work.

The KB swings, KB clean and press, Hang cleans, and barbell snatch all focus on explosive extension of the hips and knees. There's no need to have this type of movement 5 times in 2 workouts. Maybe just the Barbell snatch, and KB clean and press.

I think you'd be better served with something more along the lines of the 2 day split from the FAQ. Add barbell snatches, and KB clean and press, and finish with some core work.

thanks dude!

MAA, welcome to S&P+C. If you provide some mention of your goals, past training experience and current shape people will be able to give you better suggestions.

My honest opinion.

Squat
Bench
Deadlift

2x per week, low volume and high intensity with long rest periods.

add some form of anyway overhead, and I'm with ya 100%.

I would have included some overhead pressing but when you are getting close to a fight and doing along of sparring the punching, wrestling and all that is alot on your shoulders.

The following is a two day split, alongside my I've embarked on for my upcoming shoot fighting match in August. Any suggestions are welcome.(Note: I'm doing a two day split to concentrate more on my striking and groundwork)

Day 1:

Kettle bell swings
Hang Cleans
Deadlift
Front/Zercher Squat
Kettle bell clean and press
Hanging Leg Rises

Day 2:
Kettle bell swings
Barbell Snatch
Pullups/Lat-Pulldowns
Back Squat