Suggestion Ronda give this another run with a new camp is ridiculous.

TemDee

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm seeing people suggest Ronda fight lower competition for a few fights in an attempt to make a comeback. Her time as a competitor to the title is over.

If Ronda wasn't a mega star with retirement money, she could absolutely do that. But to warrant her fat contract, she needs to main event a ppv card. At this point in time, the only way Ronda can main event a PPV is if you give her a fun fight, or you test the waters and see if she can make 125. Ronda/PVZ at 125 would be the perfect retirement fight for her. The UFC can't pay Ronda three million to show and then put her up against the #15 on the under card to build up her confidence.

The only way Ronda sees a belt again in her career is if they make her a 125 pound division and she manages to make weight. Sell it as her being too small for the Nate Diaz sized bantamweights.

As a prize fighter, Ronda is the second biggest winner in the history of the sport. She earned her paydays. Give her a fun money fight to retire on and call it a career.

I can't believe I'm seeing people suggest Ronda fight lower competition for a few fights in an attempt to make a comeback. Her time as a competitor to the title is over.

If Ronda wasn't a mega star with retirement money, she could absolutely do that. But to warrant her fat contract, she needs to main event a ppv card. At this point in time, the only way Ronda can main event a PPV is if you give her a fun fight, or you test the waters and see if she can make 125. Ronda/PVZ at 125 would be the perfect retirement fight for her. The UFC can't pay Ronda three million to show and then put her up against the #15 on the under card to build up her confidence.

The only way Ronda sees a belt again in her career is if they make her a 125 pound division and she manages to make weight. Sell it as her being too small for the Nate Diaz sized bantamweights.

As a prize fighter, Ronda is the second biggest winner in the history of the sport. She earned her paydays. Give her a fun money fight to retire on and call it a career.

Shes a big 135. She could not make 125. Not even close

Shes a big 135. She could not make 125. Not even close
I agree with you, but they said she could. I'm in the camp that you just give her one last money fight.

Also I fucked up the title because it's 3am my bad

People will still pay huge bucks to watch her fight, I think, for now, even to see her get her ass handed to her. Holy shit, were all the sports bars with free PPV packed with lines of people waiting outside last night. Even the places charging a cover were full of people. She can still draw crowds, like Tyson during his downward spiral era.

Some touch butt in the park with Ido Portal might help realign her Chakra and she could then turn that new energy towards a win. At the very least it may add some more oomph to that mean mug.

. The UFC can't pay Ronda three million to show and then put her up against the #15 on the under card to build up her confidence

Ofcourse they can. Ronda is a huge name, only conor is bigger.

But I dont think she will get much better going to a new camp, her skills are her skills.

She can't make 125 and she's not going to get $3m to fight non-title fights.

IF she wants to continue to compete the best thing for her and the ufc is for her to go train at a real mma gym, take one or two tune up fights to build momentum and then challenge for the belt again. If she fights 2-3 times in the next two years and focuses all her effort on proper training with real coaches she may be able to be a genuine contender again.

Do I think she'll do it? No idea.

She's done! She cant even make a pre or post fight conference.
Feed the DNB to Cyborg, that would be enjoyable.

her time to pick an elite camp was 3 years ago.

she'll be 33 before she's a good striker if she does everything right

it's over for her

Back