Suddenly Dana is okay with Cyborg catchweight fights?

TheBigRedOne

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Is he a liar or is the situation different? For years he wouldn't allow her to Fight Ronda unless she made 135lbs.

Suddenly she is being allowed to fight at catchweight? Why Dana? How come no one is asking this?

On a side note Lina Lansberg is not a push over. I saw her fights and the chick is ever bit as technical as Joana or Valentina. She has also fought supposedly 145 before or at catchweight.

Anyway, I figure Silva could NOT find anyone on the current roster to fight Cyborg and like Invicta, had to scour the internet for somene. I've watched her fights and she is very technical, much like Valentina.

Cyborg's purses are not worth it with her fighting in Invicta.

When Ronda was the champ she had a valid excuse for not taking the catchweight fight with Cyborg.

Ronda is now out of valid excuses.

Looks like Lina has some good kicks/striking. Not sure why people think Dandois or deRandamie would be a tougher fight. Dana's good with Cyborg in the UFC at any weight now because Ronda is done and gone. They need a star and a dominant champ to take her place in wmma and Holm and Tate aren't cutting it.

I think that as a promoter he just realizes that he can't be jeopardizing the validity of the title with the potential of a loss of any of the top contenders. cyborg versus unranked people is great for everyone.

When Ronda was the champ she had a valid excuse for not taking the catchweight fight with Cyborg.

Ronda is now out of valid excuses.

Her excuse is she wants to regain the title, not fight a steroid user at a higher weight.

Ronda obviously hadn't cleared out her own division anyway, which is the only time a champ should be allowed to make a fight at a different weightclass anyway(Conor is apparently special).

Ronda was the cow who produced liquid gold instead of milk. There was no way DW was letting her (Cyborg) anywhere near Ronda. There would have been excuse after excuse excuse.

Her excuse is she wants to regain the title, not fight a steroid user at a higher weight.

Ronda obviously hadn't cleared out her own division anyway, which is the only time a champ should be allowed to make a fight at a different weightclass anyway(Conor is apparently special).

Ronda could have a title shot any time she asked. Literally. She could fight Cyborg first without issue.

If Ronda wins the title first, then we are right back to her using the belt as an excuse not to take the catchweight fight.

Last edited:
People who live by silly self imposed rules miss out on opportunities

I don't see what the problem is OP. She's not hurting the other WMMA divisions in any way.

It sounds like you are just mad the UFC is giving her fights.

It all had to do with ronda. All the other crap he said was just to protect ronda and his cash cow.

its not his company anymore. what does he care?

Dana changes his mind?

Can we ban the OP for making up terrible lies about the Godfather of MMA?

He said if she wants to fight Ronda she had to make 135. She's not fighting Ronda or anyone that has the belt so I don't see why it matters

Divisions should be 110, 125, 140.

A lot of those girls wouldn't make 125. Tate and her chest barely made 135. Ronda's flabby butt barely made 135lb. Cat had to drop 30 lbs before UFC 200.

This is seriously a good idea, but it won't happen.

Ronda could never make a 170 catch weight. Cyborg needs to bulk up to at least 270.

They're just doing what everyone else has done with borg and fed her cans because it's entertaining. And it is entertaining. The idea of taking marketable fighters and feeding them to someone who clearly holds advantages in size and strength is dumb, however throwing her an occasional bone is a worthwhile endeavor on everyone's part

Back