Sudanese woman sentenced to death for her faith

I wonder why...it can't be western imperialism and an Islamic feeling that their self-determination is being hindered, right? Lol.

on the contrary. western imperialism hit its peak in early XX century. most muslim countries were british or french colonies and there weren't many islamic revolts against them, except in Sudan where it ended with a big pile of bodies in front of british machine guns. western societies becoming less militaristic and imperialist after the world wars provoked decolonisation gave them the idea that the west is weak.

Lol terrible. I at least respect islam since they don't pick and choose what they believe in like Christians do. They follow their holy text to the T. Makes sense to me if I was in any religion (All religion is dumb though).

So religion is dumb yet you would respect the most fanatical religion of the modern world. Makes perfect sense.

So religion is dumb yet you would respect the most fanatical religion of the modern world. Makes perfect sense.

I don't know what's hard to understand. You have 2 rats, one of the rats is cleaver enough not to fall for any traps while the other gets caught. You respect that smart rat, but you still want that rat dead.

I don't know what's hard to understand. You have 2 rats, one of the rats is cleaver enough not to fall for any traps while the other gets caught. You respect that smart rat, but you still want that rat dead.
For being such a smart rat, it sure comes with a LOT of different interpretations and have to base their faith on tales of their prophet that are not the Word of Allah and the very same rat is extremely good at killing its own kind and is lacking advancements in science and technology...

I think the point is that Christianity is continually watered down so that it's easier to attract and retain followers--which makes bible thumpers difficult to take seriously. Islam keeps it real.

I think the point is that Christianity is continually watered down so that it's easier to attract and retain followers--which makes bible thumpers difficult to take seriously. Islam keeps it real.

Yeah that's true and it's become a business for some people too. But if you want to see Christians keeping it real, go visit some soup kitchens in the slums. I respect that a hell of a lot more than inciting illiterate, poverty stricken families to give up their children as suicide bombers.

I wonder why...it can't be western imperialism and an Islamic feeling that their self-determination is being hindered, right? Lol.

I really hope this was meant to be facetious. Please for God's sake tell me you don't think the Sudanese regime and its murderous adherents are doing this as a way to lash out at western imperialism, which, btw, has not affected that nation in over half a century.

As for this story, honestly, in countries like this it is not news worthy since it is tantamount to saying the sun rose in the east and set in the west today.

Edgy post

*tips fedora

Step it up

Euphoric>

1379040300830.gif

Lol terrible. I at least respect islam since they don't pick and choose what they believe in like Christians do. They follow their holy text to the T. Makes sense to me if I was in any religion (All religion is dumb though).

Most unintentionally hilarious post I've read for months. I take it you've never read the Qur'an.

Just a little update,

The woman's husband, who is an American citizen, has gone to Sudan to try and save her life.

After last thursday's sentencing, outside the courtroom there were protesters decrying the verdict and some Islamists supporting the verdict.
Outside the court, around 50 people held up signs that read Freedom of Religion while some Islamists celebrated the ruling, chanting: 'God is Greatest.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ushes-Sudan-prevent-pregnant-wife-hanged.html

So an innocent woman is condemned to death and these Islamists proclaim how great their god is.
If everyday you need to keep remininding everyone how great your god is , maybee he isn't soo great.

It's so much bullshit that the acts of a few tossers in doing this makes others have a negative view of Islam, a religion of peace... nobody should be killed over their religion, in the Quran it says there is no compulsion in religion meaning people are free to choose what religion they want to follow but Muslims believe that we should try to convert people into Islam but not thru killing anyone! Absolutely terrible, hope she finds a way out

I don't really understand the problem people have with Muslims. You're talking about a small minority that don't live up to our modern standards and surprisingly most of these incidents are in the third world - the vast majority including myself live to modern standards, that's why news you hear of this variety is a statistically small percentage compared to the global Muslim population of roughly 1.6 billion.

Also what modern standard are you also referring to? All cultures have different moral/cultural standards - so which modern standard are you ascribing to? Do you think we are any better here - the only difference is we have state backing to commit mass murder & deny people their freedoms and no-one bats an eyelid because it's our military and we should supposedly support them in killing people.

It's got nothing to do with his beliefs or my beliefs are superior. The only way to change areas of the world like this is through education but this is hard to do when governments & political systems in these areas of the world are self-serving and extremely corrupt.

Well is that very surprising given that many consecutive wars/sanctions & modern day imperialism has happened in many of these countries in the last 50+ years.

You only have to look at the fucking around we've done in the last 13 years (wars, sanctions, propping/supporting dictatorships) to see why it's not surprising why many of these countries are shit-holes & why the religion of these countries have become much more hardline.

If you face 50+ years of the same shit, eventually shit is going to reach a boiling point & we are witnessing it right now.

Huh....Muslims by far and large do not force you into joining them. I could care less what you wanted to believe, you could start praying to a dog or having sexual relations with a goat for all I care lol and that honestly goes for most Muslims, we've got our own daily problems to really give a shit about you having a change of heart about your beliefs.....that's the honest truth.

If we really felt the way you think we did - 1.6 billions Muslims or even a significant percentage would be going around & forcing people to convert & not allowing people to convert away.

I'm not denying stuff like what you describe happens but such incidents occur with less than 1% of the global Muslim population. It's retarded to assume or generalise that all Muslims must behave or think like the extreme few.

To be honest, I don't think anyone here really understand the dynamics at play - many of you just form opinions from what you hear on the media.

i used to live in world largest muslim population ( indon) trust me they are not a lot smarter

In all fairness, you still have millions of dip$hits in this country who still think Creationism is fact and that Evolution is junk science.

people can believe what ever they want, the problem is when you implied that on people and on law

Back