Sucker punch in glory 42, it just happened

Its not like he pushed the ref out of the way and socked Grigorian. In the heat of the moment he probably thought he hurt Grigorian and went for the finish. Not the nicest thing to do but still legal. I must say the ref's reaction is very slow though. Those Thai refs would have dived in and tackled Groenhart immediately and then fall in a dramatic manner.

That was fucking hilarious, gotta watch kickboxing more often I guess.
Props to the black guy for delivering some quality violence.

Poll Options:
It was a sucker punch, he shouldn't have done it.
It was a sucker punch, he should have done it.
I wasn't a sucker punch, he shouldn' have done it.
It wasn't a sucker punch, he should have done it.

"waaaah waaaaah morals.....sportsmanship....waaaah"

If you don't like FIGHTING then don't fight. Nor watch.

"it isn't fair".

Fuck you.

gorl,please...you can't even take a bunch of comments in a forum and come here acting all tough.
if i want to see violence i'll watch mexican cartel videos

groenhart ko was legal...a legal shit move anyway. A SHIT MOVE.

Poll Options:
It was a sucker punch, he shouldn't have done it.
It was a sucker punch, he should have done it.
I wasn't a sucker punch, he shouldn' have done it.
It wasn't a sucker punch, he should have done it.

add the option for those who attacked him. he's a victim too!!1!1

wow what sucker punch? take a knee or wave the ref over turning your back during the fight is stupid and he got knocked out for it.

Not sure about kickboxing rules but in boxing it is completely forbidden to hit a man from behind. And it is actually a fault to purposely turn your back to avoid combat, with possible disqualification

34:45

A sucker punch would be if you were buying groceries, had no idea you were about to get in a fight, and the clerk hits you when you go for your wallet.

Greg turned his back, in a ring, against an opponent, during a match. It's safe to say he could expect to get hit.

Definitely not a fan of what Murthel did however you never know what the ref was going to do if he stepped in. He could have called a count or had the doctor check in on him and then continue the fight (which I think I saw at a french or chinese event). So in that sense you can't blame Murthel since he had the guy hurt and it was his chance to finish the fight decisively. Certainly not as bad as the Mayweather/Ortiz incident.

Not sure about kickboxing rules but in boxing it is completely forbidden to hit a man from behind. And it is actually a fault to purposely turn your back to avoid combat, with possible disqualification

Wrong. "Rabbit punching," meaning punching to the back of the head, is illegal. However, throwing a punch from behind and landing on the side of the face like Groenhart did is totally legal.

The rules also clearly state that a fighter must "protect himself at all times."

The ref is to blame in this situation. He should have stopped the action when Grigorian turned his back.

BTW Does anybody know if those scumbags who assaulted Groenhart got arrested?

The police issued warrants for Andre Dirrell's family members on the spot after this shit show from a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
maybe he's just not a scumbag thug that would viciously attack someone that wasn't expecting it (that was the only sucker punch) because he was beaten in a sporting contest
Groenhart did the SAME THING ('viciously attacked someone that wasn't expecting it')... eye for an eye.

Groenhart did the SAME THING ('viciously attacked someone that wasn't expecting it')... eye for an eye.
it's called fighting dumbass who the fuck turns their back and walks away when the fight is still going on.

I suspect that RichardN7 is the guy who assaulted Groenhart after the fight.

He is at least just as butthurt as him.

The ref is to blame in this situation. He should have stopped the action when Grigorian turned his back.
Step in to do what though? A fighter can't just call a time out in the middle of the fight, let alone just turn around and walk to his corner without being commanded to. Glory also removed standing 8 counts so he didn't have that option. Maybe they should bring those back.

Step in to do what though? A fighter can't just call a time out in the middle of the fight, let alone just turn around and walk to his corner without being commanded to. Glory also removed standing 8 counts so he didn't have that option. Maybe they should bring those back.

Oh, I didn't know that.

I guess nobody fucked up then.

Back