Successful Thai Clinch

Muay Thai is about fighting not grading, if theres no belts in the gyms and locations where it originated from - why is there belts for it in Western countries? Makes no sense.

Make money?

Muay Thai is about fighting not grading, if theres no belts in the gyms and locations where it originated from - why is there belts for it in Western countries? Makes no sense.
Is it really that difficult for you to get a handle on this?

Anderson Silva has an amazing Thai clinch and isn't that strong. I'd think that the force required for a thai clinch resembles chest flys.

Anderson Silva has an amazing Thai clinch and isn't that strong. I'd think that the force required for a thai clinch resembles chest flys.

Why isnt Anderson Silva strong? Because Joe Rogan didnt say so?

I really doubt anyone has ever thought "man if my chest was stronger that guy couldn't have pulled out of my clinch"

Yea, I'd like to see you out do Anderson Silva in anything, I bet he's even a better keyboard warrior, and in his very own words from the guys choice awards "My english is no good".

Somehow the idea of strengthening your Clinch reminded me of a nasty exercise my wrestling coach used to make us do to toughen up our clinches for Grecco.

It's called "Hug a tree"

Basically, you do that - find a good size tree, wrap your arms around it, and squeeze for 30 seconds, then rest 30, then repeat.

If you can find it, get a good sized round of wood. Wrap your arms around it, stand, then twist side to side.

God we were bored back in the country...

I think leverage is the most important in clinch. Longer arms = stronger clinch. Look at Anderson Silva.

edit : I mean a thai clinch

anderson silva probably isnt too strong, but in a thai clinch, leverage is everything. anderson silva probably has the most leverage in mma today. when you fight or wrestle somebody, you cannot tell the difference between stregnth and leverage really, because both are producing force against you. you can train your leverage better in a mtp with technique, and you can generate more force with stregnth by training your back, biceps, and abs

If you want to get good at grabbing people and holding them, you should grab people and hold them.

Make money?

this=true

Karate used to have 3 belts.

3!!!!

White, purple (I think) and black, that was it. No tags, nothing in between, just 3 belts. They wouldn't test you, you'd be doing your thing and the master would hand you a black belt when HE thought you were ready.

Goes over to the the, see what happens

Self taught Muay Thai is a VERY bad idea.

Why do you want a stronger thai clinch if you don't need a stronger thai clinch?

Build total body strength, don't worry about making your forearms more beefy or making your man cleavage power stronger so you can squeeze your opponents neck enough for them to submit and suck your cock.

If you don't have time or money to take classes on muay thai, why are you going to spend time getting a stronger thai clinch and money buying books?

It would cost like 30$ to get a good book, and possibly a little more for a video. Classes can cost over 1,000$ over some time. I don't have time to be in to class by a certain scheduled time and leave by a certain time. But the time it takes to get a stronger thai clinch I can do in the middle of the night or whenever I want.

Self taugh muay thai? I can already throw my hands behind somebody's head and pinch my elbows together and throw them around and knee them. But to make some adjustments could make it good.

Why do people ask so many questions like they are so ridiculously right?

If you want to get good at grabbing people and holding them, you should grab people and hold them.

I don't want my mind or other people to get the wrong idea when I'm hugging the shit out of and squeezing another man all night long. And most girls would be too easy, although it would be fun. I need a dummy to practice it on, but those can be expensive lol.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f11/muay-thai-clinch-101-a-280909/
The best MT clinch instructional Ive ever read. Props to K.K.

Wow. I just learned more in the last few minutes then I've probably learned in all the UFC fights I ever watched, at least as far as the thai clinch goes.

*Edit: Only other thing is I know throwing up knees of mine wouldn't hurt anybody the way they are right now. I'm thinking of maybe getting a weighted vest (preferably like 75 lbs.) and just sprint/walk as frequently as possible. Helps build overall strength I bet. Good for one exercise anyway.

It should be said (and it has) that there is no substitute for proper training under a qualified instructor.

It should be said (and it has) that there is no substitute for proper training under a qualified instructor.

You are absolutely right. When I was in high school, I hit a 100 pound bag everyday and lifted weights and I won't lie, I thought I was pretty tough. I knew some people that trained muay thai and I respected the time they put into it but always thought that if they really stepped to me I would just hit them with the big one and that would be it. My friend eventually convinced me to come do the muay thai thing for real and my entire perspective changed in a matter of weeks. Bottom line, training for combat sports at home by yourself will keep you in decent shape but if you really wanna whoop some ass, find some like-minded comrades and start training. I run into people at parties who say they train and when I ask where they go/who the coach is and they just start naming all the fancy equipment they got in the basement, I'm already telling myself " Ok, this guy is just a pussy who doesn't test himself against other men. Where's that keg ? " If you don't got the cash right now, then find some way to get it man. I heard UPS is hiring

Im dying to train but the only classes on my island are family karate classes.

Theres been some talk about starting some jits and MT at the school but as yet nothing happening.

Back