Success thread

Libersolis****

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I am posting this as a semi follow up from the thread I posed a few days ago about not getting any better. I took the advice of many of you in the thread and just focused on one very small aspect of my game, one technique in particular, and trying to make sure I had the steps of the technique down. The specific technique was simply the bridge and shrimp back to guard from side mount. I made sure to get my hands inside, bridge up, turn in and get my hips out on the way down and I was actually able to get back to guard, just like the technique was designed to do. I know it isn't going to work every time, but even if it hadn't I was really focused on making sure I at least made sure to get my hands inside and bridge ect.

I told myself before I went tonight ( I was dreading going as usual but forced myself to go) that the night would be well worth it if I did nothing else but practice this technique the entire evening. Needless to say it was, so thanks to everyone for the encouraging and helpful advice from a few days ago.

I am posting this as a semi follow up from the thread I posed a few days ago about not getting any better. I took the advice of many of you in the thread and just focused on one very small aspect of my game, one technique in particular, and trying to make sure I had the steps of the technique down. The specific technique was simply the bridge and shrimp back to guard from side mount. I made sure to get my hands inside, bridge up, turn in and get my hips out on the way down and I was actually able to get back to guard, just like the technique was designed to do. I know it isn't going to work every time, but even if it hadn't I was really focused on making sure I at least made sure to get my hands inside and bridge ect.

I told myself before I went tonight ( I was dreading going as usual but forced myself to go) that the night would be well worth it if I did nothing else but practice this technique the entire evening. Needless to say it was, so thanks to everyone for the encouraging and helpful advice from a few days ago.

Good job, I wish everyone made a new thread every time they learned a technique.

if you can be happy about that little victory, you'll probably end up being pretty damn good in a few years.

i wish more white belts got more excited about regaining guard. and less excited about head squeezing.

if you can be happy about that little victory, you'll probably end up being pretty damn good in a few years.

i wish more white belts got more excited about regaining guard. and less excited about head squeezing.

LOL

I just got my head squeezed the other day by a whitebelt.

My theory is that someone who head squeezes for more than 1 or 2 classes will be a mediocre grappler at best.

good job man. fundamentals are the best. develop ur defense and u will surpass alot of the other new guys ur level.

Back