Subtle: UFC/ Tesla product placement before Elon Musk officially announced as Endeavor board member

I'm guessing their management teams have a "if you win, this is what we're saying" type deal in place to coach them up.
It's unlikely a pay-for-mention type deal directly and instead a PR-world type move where it's about reciprocal publicity. (e.g. "Your client will get mentions around the world and the UFC won't cut them as easily, which is worth $___ in future endorsements and fight-contract security") They may get free product too.

Marquez for example, worked with UFC/management to devise the Miley Cyrus Call out, then knew that was stale and next time they devised a call out of NFL players. Neither one was necessarily "paid", but good for business and coached up to say.
Yeah that makes sense. Thanks for the insight, this is something I definitely wouldn’t have noticed if it wasn’t pointed out to me.

Yeah that makes sense. Thanks for the insight, this is something I definitely wouldn’t have noticed if it wasn’t pointed out to me.
No problem.
I work in both stocks and partially in the entertainment biz managing clients so this stuff sticks out like a sore thumb to me lol.

I'm guessing their management teams have a "if you win, this is what we're saying" type deal in place to coach them up.
It's unlikely a pay-for-mention type deal directly and instead a PR-world type move where it's about reciprocal publicity. (e.g. "Your client will get mentions around the world and the UFC won't cut them as easily, which is worth $___ in future endorsements and fight-contract security") They may get free product too.

Marquez for example, worked with UFC/management to devise the Miley Cyrus Call out, then knew that was stale and next time they devised a call out of NFL players. Neither one was necessarily "paid", but good for business and coached up to say.
So now that your arch-nemesis is seeping into your sport, and your sport is shilling for your arch-nemesis, are you going to drop mma and find a different outlet to post your content on?

So now that your arch-nemesis is seeping into your sport, and your sport is shilling for your arch-nemesis, are you going to drop mma and find a different outlet to post your content on?
No?
Interesting way to frame this and telling of your view on reality.

On Wednesday UFC-Parent Endeavor announced it was going to become a company with publicly traded shares (selling shares of the private company to the public on the stock market) and also is adding the Dana White of car-selling to their Board of Directors (Elon Musk- Tesla's supreme Kaiser) to add to the hype.

BUUUUT to show you how powerful the marketing machine of the UFC seems to be, I first started noticing the UFC marketing team going into a weird pro-Tesla mode during the pre-fight hype for Max Holloway starting in January. This would probably coincide with the UFC/Musk/Tesla deal getting worked out. For Holloway's fight the embedded segment and then Fight Night commenting team would not shut up about how Holloway having a Tesla in Hawaii proved he was well-paid and successful champion. It seemed so awkward and specific how they were going out of their way to mention the brand, but I couldn't prove anything at the time.

Then a few weeks ago, the UFC's product placement golden boy Sean O'Malley is shooting videos of him going to a Tesla dealership to buy a new car like it's a glorified infomercial. Super incredibly staged, and again, to me signaled some elaborate sales+stock promotion deal like this was in the works.

We should get ready some extra obnoxious Elon Musk/ Rogan corporate lovefest.
This is what modern corporate shilling looks like: don't directly buy advertisements, but setup elaborate schemes with media partnerships where announcers and other talking heads casually get really excited about a product or activity or idea like it's normal (who watches UFC highlights in their car dashboard? lol).

Here are 3 different times I noticed it so far already this year before today's announcement where it just seemed TOO CONVENIENT.

In return: Musk will be paid large amount of newly issued stock-shares in the Endeavor/UFC IPO coming up nexy month, and do his part to help promote the idea of buying Endeavor stock to random casuals. This helps insider investors cash out their existing stakes at high prices selling to new retail investors and make their full UFC takeover easier to fund. The higher the IPO price, the better the payday for Endeavor's stakeholders and Musk, while making any new investors pay more to own a share, and potentially less growth leftover for them (and possibly go down in price because casual buyers bid it up).
The partnership between Musk and Endeavor then assures that all Endeavor/UFC content sings Teslas/Musk praises as he tries to sell even more stuff and win over public opinion. I believe their Music division reps his latest GF's/co-parent Grimes too; what a coincidence.

I'm sure I've missed many other subtle product placements, but this one seems DEEP and here to stay as a way first and foremost to pump a stock price for UFC owners.

edit:
Also realized it's funny that somehow the O'Malley youtube spot is getting picked up as an "auto" article despite zero mention of cars in the written text. May have something to do with the meta-tagging of the content for algorithms/crawlers/adverts. (ex: https://autos.yahoo.com/sean-o-malley-announces-fight-022549711.html )

edit2: It's pretty obvious Endeavor is coaching these people up. Miley Cyrus is one of their biggest clients and of course they have fighters asking her on dates out of the blue...now Beneil begging for a Tesla?

Not reading a word of that, but I have a question. What parts of your real life do you devote this much effort to?

Thanks.

Not reading a word of that, but I have a question. What parts of your real life do you devote this much effort to?

Thanks.
All of them?
What parts of your life do you devote effort to while feigning disinterest?

So Dariush ordering a Tesla last winter was part of the grand scheme?

No?
Interesting way to frame this and telling of your view on reality.
If you find it interesting, let me expound.

There exist online platforms that would likely give your prolific Tesla takes a wider and deeper audience.

Is that what you gleaned of my view on reality?

If you find it interesting, let me expound.

There exist online platforms that would likely give your prolific Tesla takes a wider and deeper audience.

Is that what you gleaned of my view on reality?
Nope.
This thread was created because it is specific to the UFC and a trend I noticed coinciding with a behind the scenes business deal.

A friend knows an ultra rich dude who almost bought a Tesla until the salesman told him the built in nav can't be disconnected. Literally every where you ever go in one of those things is tracked and recorded forever. If you don't care fine but sherbros who value your privacy hang on to that 1980 Pinto.

I guess this is where I have questions. You believe a car company would use that data for malevolent reasons? Or are you scared they're going to sell the data? Is it an issue if they sell traffic data? Driving pattern data? Won't that help innovate our road systems and help insurance rates be more customized instead of painted with a broad stroke?

I'm seeing benefits here but you're highly concerned and I understand but wouldn't you have to assume some sort of malicious intent? What is it you fear they're doing with this information that affects you or I?

Great insight. I feel like there’s so much behind-the-scenes marketing that we don’t even think about. I’ve often wondered that about fighters’ walkout music: do they really like the song, or are they being paid to use it, almost like a sponsorship? I assume in some cases it’s the latter, especially when you see some guys come out wearing headphones and possibly listening to something else.

Nope.
This thread was created because it is specific to the UFC and a trend I noticed coinciding with a behind the scenes business deal.
I agree this thread is good here, but the hundreds of hours of time you've spent researching and posting about this topic have vastly occured before the UFC connection. Feel your efforts are wasted not allowing a wider audience access to your fruits.

I guess this is where I have questions. You believe a car company would use that data for malevolent reasons? Or are you scared they're going to sell the data? Is it an issue if they sell traffic data? Driving pattern data? Won't that help innovate our road systems and help insurance rates be more customized instead of painted with a broad stroke?

I'm seeing benefits here but you're highly concerned and I understand but wouldn't you have to assume some sort of malicious intent? What is it you fear they're doing with this information that affects you or I?

are you asking why don't we trust giant, unaccountable corporations?

I agree this thread is good here, but the hundreds of hours of time you've spent researching and posting about this topic have vastly occured before the UFC connection. Feel your efforts are wasted not allowing a wider audience access to your fruits.
Thanks for the pep talk. Your knack for false encouragement could be better used elsewhere.

Thanks for the pep talk. Your knack for false encouragement could be better used elsewhere.
Well, you insulted me last two times I brought this up and again this time, but keep thinking I don't mean what I say.

I know you mean what you say, hence the legit encouragement.

I hate the guy (I likesome of the tech pursuits of Tesla and SpaceX but not their ownership/profit/him running them and his contributions are vastly overstated); glad we agree on the marketing scheme.
May I ask in a very respectful way (and I am being sincere here) what brought about your "hate" for Elon Musk?
I mean you're clearly a very intelligent guy, analytical, savvy, etc and wrote what I think is a very astute piece to start this thread. It's got great insight and I found it interesting and completely plausible.
- But I am legit curious why you have such a poor opinion of Musk. I respect your view, just curious as to the reasons why.

thanks in advance.

All of them?
What parts of your life do you devote effort to while feigning disinterest?
You must be a pretty important dude then. Own an island, yachts, planes, perfect family all that. Kudos my man.

are you asking why don't we trust giant, unaccountable corporations?
Again, what can they do with the data other than sell it or analyze traffic patterns? I'm asking you. Are you saying they're going to blackmail you with it when you cheat against your wife? What is the built in fear of tesla having that data? Are they going to sell it to an assassin about a private citizen? Like... Is this the kind of things going on in your head?

Back