Subtle & acceptable sexism towards boys

No kid should be booed. Hell, most adults couldn't handle being booed by a crowd.

None of this happened.

And you went over “there,” not “their.”

I don't know if it's more funny or scary, that people say things like fascists need to be hurt/killed/otherwise fucked up. Without a hint of irony. Sometimes I want to just rez ghandi and MLK for a day and say look what happened while you were gone guyz!

<{Heymansnicker}>

Sorry but I have a hard time believing that all the people were booing a 4 year old boy...I call bullshit!

It's absolutely insane that supposedly liberal people are now advocating just beating the shit out of anyone that disagrees with you. And not a few crackpots, this is getting more and more common. I saw a panel discussion on one of those derpy news channels, where the rest of the panel backed up a trans person threatening violence against someone else on the panel, because he didn't agree on pronoun usage.

On a recent episode of JRE, Sam Harris mentioned talking to another neuroscientist that supported protesters attacking a speaker during a college debate. Actual fucking doctors and scientists and other very intelligent people are now advocating a knee jerk violent response, just for having an opinion they disagree with. People used to talk about the idea of a second civil war in this country and I thought they were fucking crazy. After the last 5 years or so, I'm not so sure anymore.

Just think about that. Go back 5 or 6 years and things were still relatively sane. This shit is escalating at such a fast rate.
Things got out of hand, no doubt. I find particularly scary the fact that an unheard number of artists and comedians are now advocating for less freedom, more control over people's lives and so on. You know, it's an awful sign when even people that are typically open minded non conformists start policing and limiting others. It's like the world is upside down.

TS I can't believe people were booing a child, that was disgusting to hear. Kids should be encouraged not attacked. And imo this typical boys vs. girls shit is so fucking unnecessary and counter productive. I remember thinking as a child it was weird how adults were always making us compete against each other. How is that going to stimulate equality?

There's a widespread notion that little girls have it pretty tough.... the deck is stacked against them. Words like 'bossy' or calling them 'pretty' are enough to crumble their childhood desires to be an industry leader in, say, banking.

I was at the State Fair in Milwaukee today and my 6 year old son was on this trampoline with a bungee harness on him. Next to us was a little performance floor where this lady had a dog performing tricks in front of a small set of bleachers (like 6 rows deep) with a maybe a bit over 100 people watching on. My son wanted to go their next. While he was bouncing in the air I overheard this lady say "who thinks the boy can throw a frisbee better than a girl?!" which was greeted by a mild roar of boos.... and then she followed with "who thinks this girl can throw a frisbee better than him!?" which was greeted by a fairly loud cheer of "YEAH!!!".

I had no more context than that so I didn't really care. I didn't see how old the boy or girl were... heck, maybe they were part of some bigger show with the dog doing tricks and the boy being a foil to it and the girl being the hero. I didn't know enough and I didn't really care at that moment.

My son gets done with his bouncing and we head over to the dog trick floor. The two kids had finished throwing the frisbee to the dog and the lady who was hosting it said "let's hear who wants to cheer for the boy".... a low murmur of boos and some laughing. Then, "who thinks the girl did better??!" and a loud roar of approval.

I look to see and it's just some random boy and girl. The boy was no more than 4 years.... the girl looked to be maybe 6 at best. He was standing there with his head bowed looking embarrassed.

It still hadn't really sunken in yet.

The performance floor had a small picket white fence around it (maybe 3 feet high) and children were allowed to go up to the fence, while parents and adults had to sit on the bleachers.
The lady starts the show over having the dog jump through some little hoops.... but then she brings out 2 frisbees and says "is there a little boy and a little girl who would like to throw a frisbee for (whatever the dog's name was)". So again she has a 4-5 year old boy and a girl (5-6 years of age) and now it's dawning on me that this is just part of the skit she does.

She starts the same way "who thinks a boy can throw a frisbee better than a girl?".... not a fucking peep so I yell out "YEAH!" and she replies "wow... uhhhh…. that's a first. Well you at least got one" (she says this to the little boy). Then with the girl and a loud cheer for her.

Goes through the whole routine of having them throwing a frisbee to the dog to see which frisbee the dog can catch (boy or girl)….. the dog doesn't catch it any time it's thrown. The lady makes a few joking comment about how it's purposely dropping the girl's throws because it's a boy dog. Then she does the whole "let's cheer on who did better"..... the little boy looks kind of stunned at having to face the audience. Then he gets booed, he drops his head, runs to the fence to have his mom pick him up over it. Then the girl gets cheered on.

This isn't new. When I saw this playing out I know that I've seen scenarios like this before and have rarely gave it a moments thought. Initially I was just glad it wasn't my son who got called out there to get booed by a crowd because I know it would have bothered him quite a bit. But this was so commonplace that no one in the stands (aside from me) thought there was anything amiss with this. While we're told how detrimental it is to a little girl's mental wellbeing to say "bossy" or call them "pretty" and a whole litany of words that phrases that are verboten.
Mansplaining has to be short and direct to the point.

It's absolutely insane that supposedly liberal people are now advocating just beating the shit out of anyone that disagrees with you. And not a few crackpots, this is getting more and more common. I saw a panel discussion on one of those derpy news channels, where the rest of the panel backed up a trans person threatening violence against someone else on the panel, because he didn't agree on pronoun usage.

On a recent episode of JRE, Sam Harris mentioned talking to another neuroscientist that supported protesters attacking a speaker during a college debate. Actual fucking doctors and scientists and other very intelligent people are now advocating a knee jerk violent response, just for having an opinion they disagree with. People used to talk about the idea of a second civil war in this country and I thought they were fucking crazy. After the last 5 years or so, I'm not so sure anymore.

Just think about that. Go back 5 or 6 years and things were still relatively sane. This shit is escalating at such a fast rate.

I would argue what were really seeing here is classic divide and conquer tactics, the social conservative/liberal divide being pushed in the most partisan way possible by the establishment whilst their favoured politicians on both sides basically support the more important economic status quo.

The idea that this is some rise in evil left wingers is largely a fantasy cooked up by the right, I mean look at the political reality its been establishment figures like Hilary using these issues to attack more left wing opponents.

Last edited:
isn't it obvious, males are the worst mostly if you're white...

Sorry but I have a hard time believing that all the people were booing a 4 year old boy...I call bullshit!

All the people?

When did I say all the people were booing him?
I call your reading comprehension bullshit.

State fair. Milwaukee. Shouldn't you be busy manhandling pigs instead of writing fantasy novels.

I have a girl teammate. She’s in 7th grade. She manhandles grown men in our jiu Jitsu class. She’s an outlier for sure. She’s on course to be a champ in multiple combat sports. Wrestling, jiu Jitsu, mma..

Match starts at. 3:05.

By the time she's in the 10th grade the middling boys on a rinkadink high school JV squad will be manhandling her-- the outlier.

That's biology. It's frightening...turns the legs to jelly. I ask you to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same.

By the time she's in the 10th grade the middling boys on a rinkadink high school JV squad will be manhandling her-- the outlier.

That's biology. It's frightening...turns the legs to jelly. I ask you to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same.

Well, you never know. Just remember the name “Amit.” Come back three years later. Let’s see where she is.

There's a widespread notion that little girls have it pretty tough.... the deck is stacked against them. Words like 'bossy' or calling them 'pretty' are enough to crumble their childhood desires to be an industry leader in, say, banking.

I was at the State Fair in Milwaukee today and my 6 year old son was on this trampoline with a bungee harness on him. Next to us was a little performance floor where this lady had a dog performing tricks in front of a small set of bleachers (like 6 rows deep) with a maybe a bit over 100 people watching on. My son wanted to go their next. While he was bouncing in the air I overheard this lady say "who thinks the boy can throw a frisbee better than a girl?!" which was greeted by a mild roar of boos.... and then she followed with "who thinks this girl can throw a frisbee better than him!?" which was greeted by a fairly loud cheer of "YEAH!!!".

I had no more context than that so I didn't really care. I didn't see how old the boy or girl were... heck, maybe they were part of some bigger show with the dog doing tricks and the boy being a foil to it and the girl being the hero. I didn't know enough and I didn't really care at that moment.

My son gets done with his bouncing and we head over to the dog trick floor. The two kids had finished throwing the frisbee to the dog and the lady who was hosting it said "let's hear who wants to cheer for the boy".... a low murmur of boos and some laughing. Then, "who thinks the girl did better??!" and a loud roar of approval.

I look to see and it's just some random boy and girl. The boy was no more than 4 years.... the girl looked to be maybe 6 at best. He was standing there with his head bowed looking embarrassed.

It still hadn't really sunken in yet.

The performance floor had a small picket white fence around it (maybe 3 feet high) and children were allowed to go up to the fence, while parents and adults had to sit on the bleachers.
The lady starts the show over having the dog jump through some little hoops.... but then she brings out 2 frisbees and says "is there a little boy and a little girl who would like to throw a frisbee for (whatever the dog's name was)". So again she has a 4-5 year old boy and a girl (5-6 years of age) and now it's dawning on me that this is just part of the skit she does.

She starts the same way "who thinks a boy can throw a frisbee better than a girl?".... not a fucking peep so I yell out "YEAH!" and she replies "wow... uhhhh…. that's a first. Well you at least got one" (she says this to the little boy). Then with the girl and a loud cheer for her.

Goes through the whole routine of having them throwing a frisbee to the dog to see which frisbee the dog can catch (boy or girl)….. the dog doesn't catch it any time it's thrown. The lady makes a few joking comment about how it's purposely dropping the girl's throws because it's a boy dog. Then she does the whole "let's cheer on who did better"..... the little boy looks kind of stunned at having to face the audience. Then he gets booed, he drops his head, runs to the fence to have his mom pick him up over it. Then the girl gets cheered on.

This isn't new. When I saw this playing out I know that I've seen scenarios like this before and have rarely gave it a moments thought. Initially I was just glad it wasn't my son who got called out there to get booed by a crowd because I know it would have bothered him quite a bit. But this was so commonplace that no one in the stands (aside from me) thought there was anything amiss with this. While we're told how detrimental it is to a little girl's mental wellbeing to say "bossy" or call them "pretty" and a whole litany of words that phrases that are verboten.

The systematic marginalization of boys began in the late 80's. Remember when the public educational system changed the way math was taught to boost girls' performance? At the same time, studies showed boys were even further behind at the same ages when it comes to reading and writing. Do you remember they changed the way reading and writing were taught to boost boys performance? Well, you don't because they didn't. There's a reason post high school education enrollment is far weighted in favor of women of all colors.

You need to understand this for your son's well being and success in all facets of life going forward. Many groups want girls to advance and succeed at the expense of your son and all the other boys his age. These groups see this as a zero-sum game and girls can only have more success at the expense of boys. Get your son out from under the supervision of these people and their bureaucracies now. They absolutely do not have your son's best interest in mind.

Back