subs you can defend/escape best and sub you get caught in most

nobody can ever get a kimura on me...I have a similar build to Jeff Monson (a smaller version), and it's nearly impossible. Sometimes i'll let people get it, and then just let them gas themselves out trying to sink it.

I've been training BJJ for less than a month. But I'll agree with the consensus on the triangle choke. I just haven't been caught in that one; I've always been able to pull out (even against blue and purples I've rolled with).

On the downside, the blue and purples have armbarred me to death. A few strange shoulder locks from those guys have also had me tapping pretty regular.

I've kinda got a "gorilla build" (short legs and long arms for my size). The more I train, the more I'm sure that will come into play w/re2 my physical advantages and disadvantages.

TwIsTeD&BrOkEn said:
uh...you mean like, actual length?...Ive never measured the body parts of my rolling partners before!....why do you ask?......its tight, thats all I know.

Basically, can he hold you in a body triangle without you feeling like you're being squeezed? The tightest body triangles come from somebody whose legs are on the short side compared with your girth. I.e., him just locking the triangle requires pressure on your ribs.

nope, its tight. leg length doesnt make that much of a difference if they know how to lock it in well....heightwise he is around three inches taller than me....but I think Im a bit thicker around the torso....even though he has like 20 to 30 lbs on me.

I didn't mean to imply that long legs cannot make them tight, only that short leg guys don't have a choice. Longer legs will have a gap on your side. I still think the best method is to get to your side, trap his foot and arch your back and hips. Since that doesn't seem viable for you and since you're in a turtle, how about donkey kicking your leg back and bringing the knee up on the outside of his foot?

again, as Ive stated before, falling to the side simply lets him complete the crank.....being turtled on my knees is whats stopping him from flexing my back in the first place....if we fell to the side, or rolled over so he was on his back, he can finish the crank easy.

Im pretty flexible, but the way he locks it around my waist, I seriously doubt Im going to be able to swing it around and hook his foot......when he his triangle is locked deep on the side of my hip, there is no possible way to wrap anything around it...humans just cant bend that way!

seriously if anyone has any links to something with pictures, where it shows how the hell I could possibly get a footlock from a back crank attempt, please let me know....if thier triangle was locked more frontal, sure I could see it...but not when its directly on the side of your hip....

and one thing Ive learned from getting caught in it so much is that when you get taken off of your knees, land on your back or on your side, youre tapped. the only time Ive been able to stall or fight it off is from turtle position.

Back