Subnautica

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anybody playing this game?

I just got it on sale on Steam

Seems pretty intense

No, but it's on my sonar meow, thank you. It's highly rated too.

Its leaving early access IIRC and coming to ps4 Dec. 4th.

Might pick it up one day looks amazing.

I've played through it on PC. its one of my favourite games of the last few years. Its far from perfect but the atmosphere is so good,the crafting is fun. The survival elements, like getting enough food and water and resources for crafting are well implemented and not too tedious. The story and ending is exciting and satisfying. Awesome game.

I love these types of games but its single player which stopped me from buying it

Don't let single player stop you from buying it.

It's a great game. Top 10 in the last 5 years for sure.

It was alright but I really got sick of the survival mechanics. It's just not fun to me to have to run back to base all the time to cook food.

It was alright but I really got sick of the survival mechanics. It's just not fun to me to have to run back to base all the time to cook food.

You can turn off the hunger/thirst mechanics.

The game is fantastic. A few annoying quibbles but it's atmosphere was unsurpassed by anything I played this year. Subnautica is my GOTY.

You can turn off the hunger/thirst mechanics.

The game is fantastic. A few annoying quibbles but it's atmosphere was unsurpassed by anything I played this year. Subnautica is my GOTY.
That's what I did. I found the hunger/thirst thing really annoying my first crack at playing. It's way better with it off, intense game. I'm terrified of the ocean, had some bad scares in it as a kid. This game is therapy, or torture at times, good times :D

That's what I did. I found the hunger/thirst thing really annoying my first crack at playing. It's way better with it off, intense game. I'm terrified of the ocean, had some bad scares in it as a kid. This game is therapy, or torture at times, good times :D

I did the same. Eventually I'll do another playthrough with it on and do the whole under water gardener thing.

Theres an expansion in the works that takes the player to arctic regions. In August tehre was some concept at released.

Arctic_Trench.jpg

Arctic_Brinicles.jpg

Arctic_Spires.jpg

Click if you love the stuff of nightmares.
Arctic_Icebergs.jpg
[/spoiler

After a while, you'll get blueprints to make a heated knife that cooks fish when you kill them, so you dont need to return to base. all the time. In addition, once you make the huge submarine, you can craft/cook wherever you go. And theres the stillsuit which recycles your pee and sweat, so you'll need less water. Mmmmm.... pee.

Great game if you love adventure and essentially making your own story as it never pushes you into one even though it has one (sort of like BotW in that way).

After a while, you'll get blueprints to make a heated knife that cooks fish when you kill them, so you dont need to return to base. all the time. In addition, once you make the huge submarine, you can craft/cook wherever you go. And theres the stillsuit which recycles your pee and sweat, so you'll need less water. Mmmmm.... pee.

This is funny. I beat the game maybe 5 times now and didn't ever bother to look at the stillsuit. I think I just wear the radiation suit and the re-breather for the whole game lol. I can say the whole water issue is why I end up going straight for water purifier and a lot of power from thermal right away as it's pretty easy to mass produce both together and then most of the game comes easy after that. I guess I'll have a new goal when I finally break the game out again!

I did the same. Eventually I'll do another playthrough with it on and do the whole under water gardener thing.

Theres an expansion in the works that takes the player to arctic regions. In August tehre was some concept at released.

Arctic_Trench.jpg

Arctic_Brinicles.jpg

Arctic_Spires.jpg

Click if you love the stuff of nightmares.
Arctic_Icebergs.jpg
[/spoiler
Don't let single player stop you from buying it.

It's a great game. Top 10 in the last 5 years for sure.
I put about 100 hours into it now, pretty much found everything I think. I absolutely love this game

The lore is captivating. I really enjoyed all the bits and pieces from other survivors, and finding out more about the world we came from, it really stimulates the imagination. I love how optional much of it is. It's a great balance for those who love story and those who just want to get on with things.
The story with the aliens trying to find a cure was really cool. It's funny, I remember most that little doomsday creature on the island gun base. It's funny how such a little tidbit can stick with you. The Sea Emperor, and her captivity caught me off guard, it actually got me emotional lol. To see such an intelligent creature trapped like that gave me too many feels. Seeing her offspring hatch and head off into the world was quite beautiful. I did not expect that. What a great story

They really have a winning formula here. I loved the game loop of hunting resources, building my base up, improving storage/equipment, finding story bits. Exploring sunken Aurora compartments, caves and structures was awesome!

I can't wait for the expansion! Did any of you build any crazy bases? I finally got this badboy waterproofed. I feel sad i have to leave it all behind, especially my little pet fishies
20181218082203_1.jpg
20181218082322_1.jpg

I love the cyclops, reminded me of playing with G.I. Joes lol

Last edited:
I put about 100 hours into it now, pretty much found everything I think. I absolutely love this game

The lore is captivating. I really enjoyed all the bits and pieces from other survivors, and finding out more about the world we came from, it really stimulates the imagination. I love how optional much of it is. It's a great balance for those who love story and those who just want to get on with things.
The story with the aliens trying to find a cure was really cool. It's funny, I remember most that little doomsday creature on the island gun base. It's funny how such a little tidbit can stick with you. The Sea Emperor, and her captivity caught me off guard, it actually got me emotional lol. To see such an intelligent creature trapped like that gave me too many feels. Seeing her offspring hatch and head off into the world was quite beautiful. I did not expect that. What a great story

They really have a winning formula here. I loved the game loop of hunting resources, building my base up, improving storage/equipment, finding story bits. Exploring sunken Aurora compartments, caves and structures was awesome!

I can't wait for the expansion! Did any of you build any crazy bases? I finally got this badboy waterproofed. I feel sad i have to leave it all behind, especially my little pet fishies
View attachment 489931
View attachment 489933

Awesome, glad you enjoyed it!

The game would be absolutely perfect if they added a co-op element.. but I think being alone is also a strong part of the story.

Got this on the epic store. I thought it would be some casual survival exploration game but dam this shit is intense.

Got this on the epic store. I thought it would be some casual survival exploration game but dam this shit is intense.

Your first play through is a legit one of a kind gaming experience. Savor it.

View attachment 489931
View attachment 489933

Yeah, it’s my GOTY. My only quibbles are about searching for certain pieces for tech research and some plot markers can be overlooked a little too easily. There were times it felt like looking for a needle in a haystack.

The lack of map was frustrating at times. As was the lack of ability to sort of “cross off” certain locations like life pods.

Bring in Subnautica 2. I’d prebuy right now.

Yeah, it’s my GOTY. My only quibbles are about searching for certain pieces for tech research and some plot markers can be overlooked a little too easily. There were times it felt like looking for a needle in a haystack.

The lack of map was frustrating at times. As was the lack of ability to sort of “cross off” certain locations like life pods.

Bring in Subnautica 2. I’d prebuy right now.
Yeah, the lack of a map drove me nuts, I can't believe we couldn't fabricate one. All that sonar activity couldn't be put to use? I mapped every inch of that plateau in total fear about 20 times over lol. At least we have beacons!

I wound using a map mod, but I didn't really need it by the time I started using mods. It would have been a godsend early on

Last edited:
Back