submissions while in the hooks

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=295075

You know a good point about this? Even if it will not sub the other guy, it is at least a temp defence to him RNC ing you[He can try collar choking wif 1 hand, but got no leverage, if hes under as proposed by my move, since his elbow will be limited by the floor+the slack in the lapels], while u try working other things out. This is a very plus point, as compared to, say, two hands working on his legs.

The only sub i would accualy try and only try if i was fucked is pinch ur legs together so that his ankles are close and/or hopefully crossed and figure four your leg over the ancles and bridge up. I'm taped a few guys with this but i only tryed it cause i was about to get choked out anyway. Just try and escape man, it aint no good to bank on trying to sub someone who has your back. Its kinda like u can tap a guy that has u mounted but would'nt you rather escape and try to get a better position than wasteing allot of energy.

thecas said:
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=295075

You know a good point about this? Even if it will not sub the other guy, it is at least a temp defence to him RNC ing you[He can try collar choking wif 1 hand, but got no leverage, if hes under as proposed by my move, since his elbow will be limited by the floor+the slack in the lapels], while u try working other things out. This is a very plus point, as compared to, say, two hands working on his legs.

That's what that technique is for, is to assist in escaping, but you should have already worked your shoulders to the mat anyway, or being on the way. If you are actually commiting to getting the tap without making the escape attempt at the same time, you're just going to get choked by anyone that knows what they're doing.

And it's "WITH", god damn it. No one is going to take you seriously if you continue to write like a retard.

stephensharp said:
That's what that technique is for, is to assist in escaping, but you should have already worked your shoulders to the mat anyway, or being on the way. If you are actually commiting to getting the tap without making the escape attempt at the same time, you're just going to get choked by anyone that knows what they're doing.

And it's "WITH", god damn it. No one is going to take you seriously if you continue to write like a retard.

But why not try it first[Meaning try to tap them out. If you can't, then escape other ways] Your two hands are trapping his one on the other side of his other hand, what can they do?

If you watched the rumino sato highlights[Yeah, I do watch tons], one guy did that to him(2hands vs 1 while sato was in backmount). At least for the moment sato could nothing to him.

if they have your back with you on top and they cross there legs aroung you so their feet are near your groin,use your hands to defend the choke and put your leg on there foot and push it towards the mat. its like a no handed toe hold,no-one seems to know it and its very painfull

Back