Submissions from 'top'?

Even punching isn't the safest. Look for the pass. There are some desperate tricks you could try from the guard. Chokes like the ezequiel, the amassa-p

The only submission from guard, the can opener, is designed specifically to open up the other guy's guard. So literally, your only real option is to pass.

From guard, you can go for leglocks, but I wouldn't really call that a submission from the top, because you're falling to your back/ side. Even half guard has way more submission opportunities than guard though. Look up some basic knee slice & double underhook passes, and when you think you have a good grasp on them ask your instructor to watch you and help you with it.

Yeah but you have to remember, passing is always an option. If that doesn't work though I suggest you try to pass his guard.

you guys just offer no variety. why repeat everything that's been said?

TS, if none of the shitty stuff these people talk about works for you, you can always try and pass the guard.

Well remember that jiu jitsu works best when chaining together techniques. So i would say option A would be to pass, if that fails switch to option B, which would be to pass, option C would be to pass. If ALL of these fail, you could always just fall back on passing, i suppose.

lol i love this thread

and people are not recommending that the TS do leglocks because he is a noob and he will hurt someone

I'd reccomend getting subbed. Much easier than passing, which is often awfully hard work.

In the past, I passed all the time. Now that I'm past my prime, I pass on passing and now just pass gas.

Just don't stay there. Getting comfortable in someones guard is a waste of time, so don't pass on passing or you'll get triangled and possilby pass out.

1) Cup both hands behind head for can opener

2) Crank like a mofo

3) Repeat

4) Suddenly become very popular in your gym after a few sessions

1) Cup both hands behind head for can opener

2) Crank like a mofo

3) Repeat

4) Suddenly become very popular in your gym after a few sessions

Sounds better than the other repetitive shit above. Number 4 sounds good. Cheers, I've just found a good video of the can opener, shall try it.

I was being 100% sarcastic btw do NOT do that unless your gym has a very open policy on neck cranks. Even then can openers are usually just used to open the guard, your not going to tap out anyone good with them.

Back