[Submissions] Examples Of Good Sportsmanship [+GIFS]

i agree, i cant stand ariel and his ways, so i dont listen, but sometimes i wish i could listen to more interviews, bc he dominates

i guess that shows what the fan base likes

I think that as the sport grows better journalism will follow. The problem now is only a few people have access

I think that as the sport grows better journalism will follow. The problem now is only a few people have access

right except the types of journalists who come in will be more ariel types as in, whatever gets hits instead of fans who present the sport well - so i wouldnt expect a change for the better as much as a change toward the more sensationalist (think what the average sherdogger likes)

i think when the sport is in its infancy / younger is when smaller orgs who actually love the sport instead of knowing how to package it to the mass of casuals are able to be successful

Not a sub, but still belongs

ofp8y.gif

Didn't Stann say he regretted throwing that second punch, too?

IIRC, yes.

I love that woman.

Same here, haha!

Demain did roll to his back and could have eaten another shot that probably would have hit legally. Either way, glad Nate stopped himself.

Yes, makes sense, I agree.

Gus helping up Shogun after the round. Made me a fan of him.

Edit : not a submission but it made me a fan of Gus so in a way, I submitted to his sportsmanship? Yes I'll go with that.

James-Franco-Confused-Look1.gif

Lets not forget when Shaub shut it down, he tells the ref

Schaub.gif

I forgot about that one.

Machida not hitting bader 2-3 more times was classy.

I'm not sure if this has been posted but this was the first thing I thought of

339h84h.gif

Especially after this...

randleman-fedor.gif

Seriously no response?
If he would have snapped his ankle like we know he could have the second he could have it, there would be no whining at all. But instead he holds it a literal second too long in some people's eyes and he's a unsportman like bastard.

Just imagine. He locks it in and snaps it all in second. Snap crack pop. Gee he didn't hold that too long did he?

Grow up

Know how I know you know nothing about grappling? You think a heel hook actually attacks an ankle

I'm not sure if this has been posted but this was the first thing I thought of

339h84h.gif

Especially after this...

randleman-fedor.gif

Always had great control after the ref stepped in or guy was done.
Also checked on checked on Coleman after both fights. Even with this going on.
350tb8l.gif

Except Mike tapped. Theres no need to assume. And the ref fucking jumped on him. He held it for like an extra 3 seconds.

I don't think you realize the damage he could have caused Pierce.

There's a video that shows Palhares held the heel hook for exactly 1.08 seconds after the ref intervened. And it appears Pierce was not injured. I would imagine Palhares could have destroyed that knee if he really wanted to.

I think some guys may wait for the ref to step in, but a lot of guys let go once the guy taps and trust that the guy will own up to tapping if the ref didn't see it. With a heel hook being as dangerous as it is, Palhares could have let go as soon as he tapped, never mind the ref rushing in. Especially since it was a very visible and obvious tap, even if the guy decided to lie and the fight went on and Palhares eventually lost, everybody would see it as a win for him anyway. In matchmaking, road to a title shot, etc., decisions would be made assuming he won even if he lost. So I don't really see any good reason at all for him to hold on that long.

I'm surprised no one posted the Machida/Shogun 2 gif.

Pierce all time disrespects Brazil and our fighters.

Toquinho is wrong, but I cant deny, this time a smile appeared on my face.

How about being thicked skinned? Being the bigger man? Harder right over the easier wrong? Etc. You're saying it's ok to lower yourself beneath someone else's level. Sad.

Check out some Dustin Hazelett subs. Pure class.

after seeing that weidman gif, im even more of a fan now. what a good fuking guy he is. humble and respectful., im glad out of anyone to beat Anderson it was him

Examples of good sportsmanship (+ bad refereeing in at least 1 of them).

Weidman vs. Lawlor

Weidman realizes Lawlor is out and looks at the referee trying to tell something is wrong.
When the referee finally stops the fight, Weidman instantly tries to revive Lawlor (that procedure makes Lawlor's blood flow faster in order to wake him up).

2.gif

Fitch vs. Burkman II

He'd choked him unconscious with a guillotine, but referee Steve Mazzagatti hadn't realized it yet. It was up to Burkman to let go and that​

Back