Submission Chain?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by ZuZitsu**, Oct 1, 2010.

1. ZuZitsu**

ZuZitsu** Purple Belt

Is there a more seamless submission chain than "arm bar/triangle/omoplata?"

- If you are going for an arm bar and the guy pulls an arm out you would immediately either triangle or omoplata.
    - If you are attempting a triangle and the guys reaches around and hugs your hip you would immediately omoplata.
    - If you cant finish a sealed triangle you would almost always look to arm bar.
    - If a guy turns back into you to defend the omoplata you have the triangle again

A snag in one of these techniques always leaves an opening for one of the other ones.

What other submission chains that you know are this seemless?

This series is my favorite and most effective but Id like to hear what submission chain is working for you guys. Ideally Id like to hear examples from every position.

2. crash90

crash90 Blue Belt

(From Guard) --> Kimura --> Guillotine --> Guillotine Sweep

There is a branch to it. If the other guy decides to "fight" the kimura and does so by not putting himself in place for a guillotine, instead you can take his back by straighetening out the kimura and swiveling your hips out.

Honestly off the Kimura attempt there are a ton of places you could go. Either way, the Kimura, Guillotine, Guillotine Sweep is my favorite.

3. ZuZitsu**

ZuZitsu** Purple Belt

Hmmm I really never use either one of those subs (I find the Kimura low %, for me at least....and I dont have a great guillotine but that is my focus for the next few months!

4. SuperSuperRambo

SuperSuperRambo Senior Moderator Senior Moderator

From there you can add in that underhook neck crank (like a crucifix off your back), if that submission doesn't work you sweep him to top position with it and finish the crucifix in mount, if that doesn't work then you keep the crucifix and attack the far arm with a keylock, and well it goes on from there. You can get creative.

5. crash90

crash90 Blue Belt

Impressive.

When I learned this chain our instructor showed a pretty nasty crank once you finish the sweep. I am pretty sure that is what you are talking about from the sweep. The sweep really does look like a crucifix from bottom.

Zu - Kimura against decent opponents is probably a relatively low percentage. However, if I am using it against anyone with more than a few months experience it is more of a setup. Assuming you at least have their elbow away from their body (but they grab their own thigh, etc) then you have plenty of places to go.

Furthermore, if you incorporate a kimura into your game, people "look" for it. On Occasion you will sit up for it and people will raise up (instead of moving forward for some damn reason) and it gives you a pretty easy sit up sweep. Honestly, the Kimura is just a set up for me.

6. outonbail

outonbail Living My Dreams

side control --> NC kimura --> spinning armbar --> wristlock ( use this one frequently)

mount --> armbar --> triangle ( if the guy is holding his hands so strong and can't wristlock him)

7. Vector_X

Vector_X Brown Belt

my favorite is the bump sweep to guillotine to kimura, back to the bump sweep and depending on how quick your hips are you can move into a omoplata but your opponent would have to be getting pretty sloppy to pull that off.

8. elbigsam

elbigsam Blue Belt

Kneebar, ankle lock, heelhook, toehold, knee/calf slicer?

9. Sawoszao

Sawoszao Yellow Belt

From north- south kimura>magic-grip>lots of chokes>some more shoulder locks> lots of back takes plus on most steps of the chain you can go for a wrist lock or an armabr
    I wouldnt even call it a chain but a web because you have so many options.

10. Alaskantkdkid

Alaskantkdkid Green Belt

Kimura>Omoplata/Gogoplata

11. mrmyz

mrmyz White Belt

I use this chain alot but its more like Kimura sweep > Kimura > guillitine or take the back. I can take the back a lot from the kimura sweep

12. MindRipper

MindRipper Yellow Belt

Mouse trap Kimura / Americana / Straight-arm lock to far side arm bar.

13. shizzybrane

shizzybrane Orange Belt

Cross Collar Choke> Armbar> Flower Sweep > Back Take
    Go for the choke, if he defends, push his elbow across your body and throw your leg over his head for the armbar, if he keeps his head low flower sweep him, if he hides his leg you angle out/push his far knee with your foot and take his back.

14. MindRipper

MindRipper Yellow Belt

gnarly... I'm going to work on this one.

15. Shemhazai

Shemhazai Black Belt

I don't really like long, planned-out chains, as they aren't that realistic. I prefer combinations where I can somewhat consistently limit my opponents options to two possible reactions, both of which will be bad for him.

16. bagelgod

bagelgod Green Belt

Leglock > leglock > leglock > leglock

17. TheHereticJay

TheHereticJay I scoff at your belt rankings

10 finger guillotine>back take>rnc probably my smoothest transition ... but I hardly go for 10 finger giillotines because I play bottom so much.

Guillotine>triangle>omaplata>bicep slicer

18. Jonas g33k

Jonas g33k Blue Belt

Mata Leao > Kata ha jime > Bow and Arrow > Armbar

ps: Kata ha jime is this:
    [​IMG]

19. BJJArsenal

BJJArsenal Brown Belt

Take their left side lapel and pass it behind their back and hold it with your left hand. Then take it with your right hand palm up. Then fight for a cross collar, if they defend it with their left hand, drag that arm across and brabo. If for some reason you can't finish it (loose grip etc) go for the back.

20. QTdd**

QTdd** Green Belt

Side control/KOB
    Farside armbar, if you can't get it - kimura - d'arce - high elbow guillotine - ns kimura - ns choke - anaconda - 3/4 nelson - Japanese necktie/d'arce or shoulder block 180 spin to kimura/near side armbar/arm triangle back take/guillotine