Subliminal messaging in UFC 173 Promo

Cyantist you are honestly dumb as a rock.

Take some time off and regroup m8

When they flashed RATS across that screen, it was big, white letters on a solid black background, and you'd never know you saw it. THAT was subliminal.

And you underestimate the power of suggestion. I'm sure you've seen the studies when movie theaters started trying it to increase pop corn sales, and sales went up a lot.

And another trick they use, is showing "cool" people doing things that nobody would ever do (on tv shows and in movies and music videos) and due to humans desire to mimic what we see others doing, people will start adopting that behavior. There are countless examples of this, like the tons of mma fighters that now have mohawks due to Chuck.

That's how advertising works in the first place. Advertising psychology is interesting.

i can see how making something appealing by showing people you respect using the product. I think that is a different than the rats political ad. If it is truly subliminal then it wouldn't be detected. So if you happened to be focused on what was going on instead of half asleep then I don't think it would work. You literally have to be somewhere else mentally to miss that. And then for some reason when you think of whatever politician, rats pops up in your head for some unknown reason and maybe gives u a bad vibe. I just don't see this actually being effective but i get it.

how is that subliminal?

Its a Pay per view , so if you want to see it you need to Pay for it.

rofl

Guys! I just joined the navy!

People are retarded.. this is a new low because the UFC commercial says "Buy" in it? You people need to stop sucking.

How in the hell is an ad for a PPV flashing the word 'buy' subliminal messaging? What do you think the ad was for in the first place?

Having a Pepsi logo flash for a half second during a UFC PPV would be subliminal messaging. Having Joe Rogan constantly mention saying 'ekoC fo etsat htooms ehT' at random intervals could be construed as subliminal... This is literally an ad with the word 'buy' in it.

Yeah, an ad for a product telling you to buy that product is "subliminal advertising".
LOL. What the fuck are they teaching you kids in school these days?

Lots of shills ITT. You can tell because they don't respectfully disagree with TS or refute his point, rather they simply say "hahaha tinfoil, chemtrails, you're so retarded TS!"

Commercials don't normally command. "Buy" is a command.

Most commercials offer something. "On sale now". "Available now".

Was it subliminal? Just as much so as the "rats" example above. It was on screen for a split second. It changed position a few times. Would you really notice it if you weren't looking for it?

It was certainly intentional. It wasn't a sales pitch. It wasn't trying to convince you of anything. It was a command, a split-second one at that.

next thing you know they will make commercials trying to get you to buy a ppv

Lots of shills ITT. You can tell because they don't respectfully disagree with TS or refute his point, rather they simply say "hahaha tinfoil, chemtrails, you're so retarded TS!"

Was it subliminal? Just as much so as the "rats" example above. It was on screen for a split second. It changed position a few times. Would you really notice it if you weren't looking for it?

It was certainly intentional. It wasn't a sales pitch. It wasn't trying to convince you of anything. It was a command, a split-second one at that.

subliminal - (of a stimulus or mental process) below the threshold of sensation or consciousness; perceived by or affecting someone's mind without their being aware of it.

YOU noticed it before you were looking for it.

I have a sudden irresistible urge to purchase UFC 173.

2875088-3ba3effb_funny_celebrity_pictures_i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

subliminal - (of a stimulus or mental process) below the threshold of sensation or consciousness; perceived by or affecting someone's mind without their being aware of it.

Very true. I never said it was subliminal, though it could be considered such. Never having seen the ad prior to this thread and knowing what to look for in the video, I of course noticed it right off.

I would certainly say that a person having no idea of the "BUY" being there and not looking for it would had completely ignored it on a conscious level, making it qualify as subliminal.

YOU noticed it before you were looking for it.

I did not. Ten minutes ago was the first I'd seen this ad and that was after having been told of the "BUY" being there by the TS.

Again, I would bet many watched this ad and not noticed "BUY".

So its a subliminal ad trying to get you to buy the ppv, during a full length ad advertising a ppv?
Are you people retarded?

This. "Buy" isn't very subtle.

Back