Subliminal messaging in UFC 173 Promo

Can't play the video right now. Is it that "quickly flashed word so only your subconscious can catch it" stuff?

I remember reading somewhere that this kind of "subliminal message" has no effect whatsoever. Is it true or false? Could you elaborate?

Vitor's could throw about 3 punches in the time the "buy" its flashed across the screen. I'm being very literal. Its not some hidden message. Lol.

Yeah, and TUF has been using subliminal messaging for KFC. I think I see some KFC logos subtlely on the couch sometimes!

How much do you make an hour? Does Zuffa pay good?

Its more funny then hidden.

Now I think its a brilliant move. If you don't take it serious then its funny. I think they were blatantly trying to show that. My girlfriend started laughing at it.

they're trying to turn us gay the homosexuals invented bisexuality to try to trick us into doing things its not real if you think you can be "bi" without being gay you are wrong i know dont believe the hype it has happened before it will happen again

the card is good enough to buy it though, but it is clearly a subliminal message.

has this been done before? pretty hilarious actually. and slightly desperate

haha thanks for the vid. cool thread, TS.

reminds me of that old family guy episode.... "SMOKE!" anybody/?

wait so if they flash "buy" across the screen for a split second, ill turn into a zombie and buy fight pass... dumbest thread ever :/

am i missing something? The UFC ran a commercial to convince you to buy something and put the word "buy" on the commercial. This seems like standard advertising. "Here is my product, here is when and where you can buy it". I don't see the problem here.

I never get manipulated by advertising... I am going to watch it at the bar...
BUY a couple of beers and relax without party clean up duties.

That's not subliminal messaging, it's just mtv-ish "flash shit really fast" marketing.

Subliminal messaging, by definition, can't be detected consciously...or at least is much harder to catch. Like that political ad that flashed the word "RATS" on the screen when talking about their opponent.

what's the difference between MTV "flash shit fast" marketing and flashing rats quickly across the screen of a political ad??

who the hell does that actually work on?? maybe someone incredibly dumb unable to think for themselves?

Sudden....urge....to....join the navy.

I've already prepaid for 173

Shutupandtakemymoney.gif

"Interesting" move by the UFC. I can hear the nails being driven into the coffin.

Fucking weirdos in this thread

It's a COMMERICAL, you goof

Back