Subliminal messaging in UFC 173 Promo

GOAT av you got there .

WUMger

It says "BUY UFC 173 PPV".

I guess we could figure out what UFC wants to achieve with this commercial without anything subliminal.

You people call that subliminal?

You can follow with your eyes every 'buy' that flashed in that short promo.

People will find just about anything to bitch about. Some of you are acting as if UFC has put a gun to your head and is forcing you to buy their PPV.

You people call that subliminal?

You can follow with your eyes every 'buy' that flashed in that short promo.

People will find just about anything to bitch about. Some of you are acting as if UFC has put a gun to your head and is forcing you to buy their PPV.
I just want to point out that the BUY image is the transition onto this screen, which happens to have the date of the PPV as well as the obligatory "LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW" message. So, instead of this being subliminal messages, I think it's just a screen telling you to buy it on PPV. Shocking, right?

If they were going to do subliminal messages it would have been more subtle because the fact that it's clearly visible and can be processed kinda pulls it away from subliminal messaging. It was in multiple frames in multiple positions, all in a color that contrasts against the background in a way that makes it stand out so your eyes are drawn to it and you see it. Subliminal messages are supposed to be flashed quickly and in such a way that you can't process them. This doesn't fall under that category. It's just a buy message transitioning into the screen that shows you the date of the PPV.

Whatever it takes to find something new to complain about though, I guess.

Not at all. It's flashed on the screen for almost a full second and isn't even close to being hard to catch. It's white text on a black background, larger than the rest of the text on the screen. This isn't subliminal messaging, they WANT you to see the "BUY" text because they want you to buy the PPV.

Looks like the shill brigade has arrived. In the past they've put information on where to buy, ie ticketmaster etc so WHY are they flashing it up for fractions of a second and not giving any actual information on where to buy tickets/the ppv etc.

Zuffa LLC's Marketing Department should fire the lot of you. Absolutely god awful attempt at shilling.

Am I the only one thinking this is a storm in a teacup and people are completely overreacting?
What exactly is the problem?

For some reason now all I want to do is Ellenburger someone

Looks like the shill brigade has arrived. In the past they've put information on where to buy, ie ticketmaster etc so WHY are they flashing it up for fractions of a second and not giving any actual information on where to buy tickets/the ppv etc.

Zuffa LLC's Marketing Department should fire the lot of you. Absolutely god awful attempt at shilling.

So, because I'm not falling for your stupid attempts at complaining about something as small as a very obvious to see "BUY" message in a commercial intended to get people to buy a PPV, I'm a shill? Really?

As somebody who's done a project on subliminal messages you should know what is and isn't subliminal messages, should you not? Do you not see how obvious that BUY message is? Why are you ignoring this to try and sensationalize that isn't there. It's on a fraction of a second, but WAY higher than the threshold for being able to see it. You can see it clear as day which defeats the purpose of subliminal messaging completely.

There is plenty of shit to complain about with the UFC but I'm not the kind of mindless drone that'll fall for any "OH LOOK AT THIS THE UFC DID SOMETHING BAD!" message on Sherdog. Not trashing the UFC at every opportunity doesn't make somebody a shill. Pay attention to what you're talking about and go complain about something productive.

If I'm a shill then you are a NUTCASE.

So, because I'm not falling for your stupid attempts at complaining about something as small as a very obvious to see "BUY" message in a commercial intended to get people to buy a PPV, I'm a shill? Really?

As somebody who's done a project on subliminal messages you should know what is and isn't subliminal messages, should you not? Do you not see how obvious that BUY message is? Why are you ignoring this to try and sensationalize that isn't there. It's on a fraction of a second, but WAY higher than the threshold for being able to see it. You can see it clear as day which defeats the purpose of subliminal messaging completely.

There is plenty of shit to complain about with the UFC but I'm not the kind of mindless drone that'll fall for any "OH LOOK AT THIS THE UFC DID SOMETHING BAD!" message on Sherdog. Not trashing the UFC at every opportunity doesn't make somebody a shill. Pay attention to what you're talking about and go complain about something productive.

Not falling for it. Please explain why their is no information about where to buy, and why its just "BUY" and then how its only there for fractions of a second.

It's subliminal and you know it. It's just a shoddy attempt.

they-live-sun-glasses-cult-movies-download.gif

Why is this so offensive to some in the thread? A company selling a product is acting you to buy it... oh the horror!!!!

Posters on this site would make the worst salespeople of all time.

Actually, there is a subliminal in this poster.

If you look at the light gray patch just behind the text 'Live on pay' that is a man's thigh.

Keep moving up, over the 'Ma' in 'May' you will see his c*ck. It is clearly being inserted into a woman's mouth. Her chin is directly above the 'y' in 'May' and her hair is the diagonal line sweeping down to the 'B' in buy. Eye and nose also clearly visible.

Anyone with photoshop could easily highlight this.

Sorry TS. This is not subliminal. You are making a huge stretch. Maybe it's crappy advertising, but it is perceptible which is the opposite of subliminal.

To be subliminal it needs to exist or operate below the level of consciousness. To be subliminal it needs to be inadequate to produce a sensation or perception.

This is clearly perceptible.

Also, if Zuffa is paying everyone who disagrees with you, I want in, whatever the rate. You're easy to disagree with because you are wholly incorrect.

Back