Stylistically, Stefan Struve beats Jones

today’s jon jones? yeah probably tbh

2011 jones chokeslams him

Dudes a giant but a mental midget..
{<jordan}

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

Haters are something else. Jones, a genius at fighting, is strong in every single MMA area. Struve would be embarrassed by the GOAT.

Had you said Volkov it would've been a more convincing argument. But Struve? The reason he's been on the receiving end of knockout highlight reels of many shorter fighters is because he can't use his reach well.

Come on man!
buentello+struve.gif

BowedPiercingAchillestang-max-1mb.gif

C20cCLg.gif
He's athletic for a 7 footer but not very athletic relative to top 15 fighters.

Prime Werdum and Ubereem would give Jones big problems. Not fricking Struve lol

Had you said Volkov it would've been a more convincing argument. But Struve? The reason he's been on the receiving end of knockout highlight reels of many shorter fighters is because he can't use his reach well.

Come on man!
buentello+struve.gif

BowedPiercingAchillestang-max-1mb.gif

C20cCLg.gif

All had more power than Jones. Fact.

Struve cannot win anymore
He is way past his prime, toooooooo slow

Jones’ biggest arsenal used to be his takedowns. Now he relies mostly on his reach advantage.

He wants to move up to HW and claim he will be the GOAT.

He couldn’t take down Thiago Santos and barely won a decision. Stylistically there’s fighters at HW he can beat. And some that I can’t see him beat considering he doesn’t have the KO power to.

With all that being said, Jones would get outclassed on the feet by Stefan Struve. If I were Dana and wanted to expose Jones, this is the fight to make happen to test Jones if he is truly capable of competing in the HW division.
Struve gets hit a lot even with that long reach

Jones’ biggest arsenal used to be his takedowns. Now he relies mostly on his reach advantage.

He couldn’t take down Thiago Santos and barely won a decision. Stylistically there’s fighters at HW he can beat. And some that I can’t see him beat considering he doesn’t have the KO power to.

With all that being said, Jones would get outclassed on the feet by Stefan Struve. If I were Dana and wanted to expose Jones, this is the fight to make happen to test Jones if he is truly capable of competing in the HW division.

Then Jones would be the first person to not be able to get inside on Struve's reach you jackass lmao

Jones is disciplined in the cage, more so than like 90%, which is ironic considering his escapades.

I very much doubt Struve, with his YOLO tendencies, would suddenly be disciplined enough to outpoint Jones, who's been deep in championship rounds and wins those 9/10 against all the killers.

Jon has the same reach as Struve if I'm not mistaken.
And Struve is the absolute worst fighter probably in the world to use his reach, if he would he could be a prospect for champ, but he just doesn't.
Every fight you can hear his corner shout over and over and over, jab, punch, punch, use your jab and he never does, he doesn't listen to his corner( it's like he forgets how to jab whenever he's in the cage).
In all of his fights I doubt he used his reach more then 3 minutes total.
Jon does this 100x better and easily wins this fight.
As a Dutch man it pains me to see a guy that tall with a standup fighter as a coach and yet he's just doesn't use what he's got.
He should have called Sem Schilt to teach him how to use his reach some 10 years ago, now it's too late, Stefan is washed up.

I remember Big Country, with a 12.5 inch reach disadvantage, knocking out Struve within 39 seconds! lol

Learning today that Tai Tuivasa is a better fighter than JJ

People acting as if jones has the knockout power to finish struve

I have always felt like Struve can pull another upset against Jones. It sounds weird but Jones is not likely to finish him, Struve has a big reach advantage and a solid submission game.

The more interesting question is, can Struve beat Mighty Mouse?

0//10 troll thread.. at least make it funny man, cmon!

Jones via his first brutal KO victory.

Volkov crushes Jones, though.

Back