Stylistically does Reyes remind anyone of a poor mans Cro Cop?

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
they have similar styles

super strong/athletic. Reyes obviously much taller. Both monstrous TDD

both southpaws. Mirko had one of the GOAT straight lefts in MMA history. Reyes prolly has the best in the division right now. Reyes throws alot of kicks to the head and body as well but even punches they have some similar setups for the uppercut. He throws more leg kicks than Mirko but Mirko was a far more devastating body and head kicker even tho Reyes has some nasty head kick KOs.

Both use tight pivots and angles defensively and have great footwork too as well as parrying

thoughts

You remind me of a poor man’s Donny.

Casuals won’t get it.

Crocop lost to Schaub and all his big UFC fights. Crocop is not an A-level athlete.

Crocop lost to Schaub and all his big UFC fights. Crocop is not an A-level athlete.

he was past his prime at the time of the OWGP with all the injuries specially the foot injury that had a long layoff and prevented the Fedor rematch

hed already been in nearly a hundred combined fights in kickboxing and MMA at that point for well over a decade

nice try babyboi

Yes @ExitLUPin, this is a good comparison.
Analysts (like Jack Slack) have drawn that comparison as well.

he was past his prime at the time of the OWGP with all the injuries specially the foot injury that had a long layoff and prevented the Fedor rematch

hed already been in nearly a hundred combined fights in kickboxing and MMA at that point for well over a decade

nice try babyboi
Past his prime is not an excuse to lose to Schaub. He got whooped by a more evolved fighter.
images (4).jpeg

Past his prime is not an excuse to lose to Schaub. He got whooped by a more evolved fighter.
View attachment 725091

Then why did this happen from a fighter from Cro Cops era who was past his prime as well?

ux9WsEU.gif

muh new breed

and Schaub was a ranked fighter once upon a time with wins over guys like Gonzaga, Meathead and many thought he shouldve beat Arlovski even tho it was a shitfight. I know he does podcasts now and is cornball but he was a decent fighter at one point

He's more like a rich man's Cro Cop with more swagger and coolness.

Nothing like Cro Cop, move along.

they have similar styles

super strong/athletic. Reyes obviously much taller. Both monstrous TDD

both southpaws. Mirko had one of the GOAT straight lefts in MMA history. Reyes prolly has the best in the division right now. Reyes throws alot of kicks to the head and body as well but even punches they have some similar setups for the uppercut. He throws more leg kicks than Mirko but Mirko was a far more devastating body and head kicker even tho Reyes has some nasty head kick KOs.

Both use tight pivots and angles defensively and have great footwork too as well as parrying

thoughts

Reyes has more movement, Crocop had (much) more power. I'm not sure i see the comparison.

Both lefties and have a good middle kick - that’s about it.

Back