Stylistic analysis of GSP and Diaz

I think someone with 209 in their name is biased though. I like Diaz, and i scored him winning his condit fight, but this fight is a stylistic nightmare for Diaz, let alone it being GSP being the one with the style. Gsp is too strong and too good of a wrestler for Diaz, plus the guy is a serious bjj practitioner who has been at this for a long time and trains with great bjj guys, and you know he is going to obsess over not getting caught for months. Gsp is too everything for Diaz, this fight is very easy to predict if one is objective about it.

Did you read the long post I made? it's the complete opposite of being bias and I even said the smart choice is to pick GSP to win. I basically listed how it's going to be a competitive fight but GSP will likely get the UD by the end of it.

209 you make good points. I'm curious though do you think GSP fought Shields the way he did because Shields is used to being 185 and being bigger framed would have given him worse trouble on the ground versus Diaz's frame? I think shields was at least 10 lbs heavier than the weigh ins whereas Diaz is a good 170.

Stylistically, there's really no contest.

GSP sports designer suits

gsp_contest.jpg

while Diaz never even makes it to business casual.

nick_diaz_smile-e1329496076946.jpg

/thread.

But seriously though, go watch Rory vs Nate if you wanna see where this fight inevitably ends up.

It's going to be the same as any other diaz vs wrestler fight.....Do the Diaz brothers train with any high level wrestlers?

Win or lose, I just hope Diaz makes it a war.

It'll be a takedown fest all the way to a UD for GSP.

Stylistically, there's really no contest.

GSP sports designer suits

gsp_contest.jpg

while Diaz never even makes it to business casual.

nick_diaz_smile-e1329496076946.jpg

There are so many intangibles coming into this fight. I think we would all be remiss to not review this post.

209 you make good points. I'm curious though do you think GSP fought Shields the way he did because Shields is used to being 185 and being bigger framed would have given him worse trouble on the ground versus Diaz's frame? I think shields was at least 10 lbs heavier than the weigh ins whereas Diaz is a good 170.

Shields dominated Henderson on the ground, I was surprised he wasn't able to do anything on the ground with GSP.....I think Diaz will get held against the cage then taken down and broken

Did you read the long post I made? it's the complete opposite of being bias and I even said the smart choice is to pick GSP to win. I basically listed how it's going to be a competitive fight but GSP will likely get the UD by the end of it.

I apologize, I will read it.

It's going to be the same as any other diaz vs wrestler fight.....Do the Diaz brothers train with any high level wrestlers?

I'm sure they train with quite a few high level wrestlers, and they have a pretty good sambo coach in Val Ignatov. I think it really comes down to the Diaz bros'. unwillingness to adapt to their opponents and gameplan around their strengths and weaknesses.

I'm sure they train with quite a few high level wrestlers, and they have a pretty good sambo coach in Val Ignatov. I think it really comes down to the Diaz bros'. unwillingness to adapt to their opponents and gameplan around their strengths and weaknesses.

Yeah after I wrote this I forgot about Jake Shields....You are right I don't understand why they don't adapt.....They will both continue to get beat by the GSP's and Ben Henderson's of the world....I'm a huge Jon Fitch fan and would love to see him grind Diaz down.....Diaz will "retire" again though after he loses to GSP

You want to try that sentence over?

I never said it was in depth, I was looking for others input more than anything.

Sorry I'm more of a reader, I was sorta hoping for a Jack Slack style write up. WAR Diaz though.

Back