Styles make fights.. What rematches would you like to see?

Epic shit bruh!

e9v4wdn.gif

<Neil01>
Damn that last punch didn't even land it looks like. Might watch again for the commentary.

Damn that last punch didn't even land it looks like. Might watch again for the commentary.

It's def worth the lol's

#Peace to Kimbo tho...and almost to Dada...

Stipe v Francis
Costa v Romero
Usman v Colby
Gaethje v Poirier
I can watch TJ KO Cody every weekend
Yan v Rivera
Rousey v Nunes
JJ v Zhang

Im in the minority who thinks the "roberry" chants about that fight are mostly based on emotion ( since max is a very loved fighter and volk is not ) still i think max won but that was to close of a fight to call it a roberry. The reason i want to see the rematch is exacly because of the ending we had, there is still much doubt about who truly is the better fighter between those two so a third fight is needed
Anyone worth their salt on this forum knew Volkanovski clearly won, all the people saying the opposite were casuals, Volkanovski is the superior fighter.

Only way Conor can possibly win is knocking Khabib out in the opening minutes,before he can get taken down. He gets taken down once,he will lose all pop in that left hand,and he got nothin left.
If Khabib was cruel he should have tried a kimura on Conor’s left arm, broke it and took away his money maker

Penn vs. Edgar
Cain vs. JDS
Anderson vs. Weidman
Rampage vs. Wand
Liddell vs. Couture
Liddell vs. Rampage
Liddell vs. Ortiz
Ortiz vs. Shamrock
Shamrock vs. Rutten

It already happened in Bellator. Royce kneed Ken in the nuts and finished him with strikes. Ken failed his drug test afterwards. About as NHB as you can get.
That's why i want the rematch. Ken was overselling the knee to the groin to get a break but the ref just ended the fight instead.

There’s a very strong chance that Shamrock would still be in Gracie’s guard this very moment, if they didn’t give their second bout that time limit...
Just imagine that. Roided up Shamrock still being fresh yet unable to pass guard after the first 7 hours while Royce is throwing up all over the ground in exhaustion with a bloody pulp of a face yet refusing to tap out or advance position.

Last edited:
Really?
I mean I thought diaz was clearly better,but I guess it would have been interesting to see if gomi could adjust in the rematch.

Nick has the style where you would want to see a ton of rematches...Noons, Daley, Gomi, Diego, Karo etc. Pick any of them.

As for Gomi, their styles match up really well but Nick's a bit bigger. I'm a huge Nick fan but Gomi destroyed his face and if he had hung on a bit longer or landed one more big shot it could have been stopped due to cuts. Nick would win more often than not but I would watch them fight any time.

I might favor Chael over Silva if they ever had a 3rd fight in Bellator.

Glover would have a good chance at avenging his 13 second KO if he ever rematches Rumble.

Max vs Ortega because of how he looked vs KZ.
Zabit vs Kattar but 5 rounds (not now, but eventually)
Stipe vs Ngannou. I think Ngannou can do better, tho Stipe should be favored
O'Malley vs Vera 2 for finality
Cody vs Munhoz. Cody's the better fighter, but I believe saw Munhoz as too easy. Not smart
Gaethje vs Tony 2. Tony can do better, if he's not past it.

And it would be cool if Ronda came back and fought Holm again, as Holly always does same stuff

Ufc wanted Conor to win.they don't care about nate
Thats always gonna be on the back burner,a winnable fight for Conor that would sell tix

Ferguson-Gaethje 2. I'm convinced Ferguson lost because of the short notice and cutting weight again so soon.

Styles make fights.. What rematches would you like to see?

This is nitpicking but what does "styles make fights" really work in this context?

I thought the essence of Styles Makes Fights as a saying is that some styles are inherently weaker against others.
Which sort of implies rematches are not super necessary.

To me it's sort of an argument along the lines of "A bruiser like Foreman will always have an advantage against a swarmer like Frazier"

Might be the opposite of what you'd wanna use when arguing for a rematch having a different outcome.

Last edited:
Nate vs Conor
Stiopic vs Ngannou
Frank Shamrock vs Bas Rutten when both were in the UFC
Today's Khabib vs pre-USADA Tibau

Back