Stuttgart, Germany Riots (Saturday)

Lol @ migrants thinking they should be rioting
I don't think this is the point, some human patterns are more simple
Human move to new land, locals don't make clear they still rule it, human think he can do the fuck he want

Are ethnic Germans known to be terribly racist and bigoted towards people from migrant backgrounds?

Beat me to it.

Who cares of people extort and poison eachother, or commit a myriad of other crimes.

Police only stop people from raping and murdering!!

Lol

Nice identity ya got there, mind if I borrow it? I’m disadvantaged.

Sorry I shot up in you bathroom.

You can go on for days. These people are so naive.

@JDragon Good summary! And surprised the police really talked about the background of these "kids" which is quite uncommon these days. I have family living near S and if I'm in the city for a football match or anything and you are out and about afterwards on a Saturday night in the city centre it's pretty clear to guess which folks were involved and started this. Let's keep it that way without getting in some trouble.

Gonna be interesting to see if some politicians or media trying to blame the police (as always) in some way within the next few days, which would be beyond retarded (again). You get used to it over here.

Maybe from outside the region. Here, the sentiment is one of shock and anger.

To say people from the "Party Scene" as the official version is not bad though <Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

The way I understood it, the type of people who even are in the city on a Saturday night has become drastically less heterogeneous in the past months due to the Coronavirus situation. Therefore, "Party scene" is a ridiculously bad description and still somehow probably correct. But yeah, when you have hundreds of folks swarming police, throwing bottles and stones after being triggered by an arrest or arrest attempt, you clearly know what kind of people do this. If this happens in Marxloh or somewhere in Berlin, no one is surprised. Here, I honestly am, but the current situation may simply be much different from February this year when I last was in the city on a Saturday night.

Lol @ migrants thinking they should be rioting

I think it's a bizarre mixture of
  • being young
  • being male
  • being drunk
  • getting likes for sharing video of attacks on police
  • being wannabe gangsta
  • somehow feeling targeted by police
  • getting support via media (racist police, etc.)
  • seeing pictures from the US (it is possible to attack the police)
  • being from cultural backgrounds that utterly disrespect the state, rule of law, and democracy
  • not being able to have a proper outlet for months due to Corona
  • all these bad news people now gathering in one place in public to party without "normal" folks inbetween
I really hope for some fast and harsh sentences (harsh = more than a year). Even more important is that they go after them and get as many as possible.

If this trend of rioting continues over the western world, ordinary people will call for more and tougher policing and will eventually be less concerned with police abuses of power.

Hate to say it, but might be the lesser of two evils at this point.

Two pretty stupid comments to kick it off, this is going well.

This is the city closest to where I live, and I have to say, it's certainly crazy to have this happen here of all places.

No, there certainly is no problem with police brutality here. There's not even a problem with crime. 635k inhabitants, 2 murders in 2018. To calibrate, OKC has a similar size and had 93 murders in 2017.

We did have the sword attack in daylight last year, but you still get the picture.

The city is home to Daimler, and Bosch and Porsche are also headquartered nearby. In other words, it's not a posh city, but by German standards, there is a high quality of living, low crime rate, and was considered benchmark regarding integration of other nationalities.

Even our "problem areas", I mean, a nationally known comedian once said that what we consider a ghetto here would be considered upper middle class in Cologne.

It looks like it was mainly young people with a migration background who were at the forefront of the riots," says Hans-Jürgen Kirstein (54), head of the GdP (police Union, JDragon) .

Police deputy Thomas Berger announced yesterday: Of 24 arrested, 12 were Germans, three with migration background. The other half came from Bosnia, Portugal, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, and other countries. They are "from the party scene", which has been boasting about aggressive behaviour against the police in social media for weeks.

A video shows rioters in the city centre shouting "Allahu Akbar! Eyewitnesses confirm the calls to BILD.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
You posted this 3 minutes before my smartass comment. Smartass is just smart sometimes, even if only half right.

that would be cool if they would riot over the grooming gangs
and that is where its at.

Unfortunately, people are cowards, and also usually afraid to admit it. The cops are way less of a threat than the rapists.

And that is universal. The woman with the black eyes will say she fell down the stairs, because she is terrified. The woman who is mad that her husband leaves the toilet seat up is more likely to cry abuse.

The only thing most understand is consequence. Might is right.

If you live in a country where you can riot, punch cops and draw pictures of your leader licking an asshole or call him ‘the worst’ for any reason, then, by that very ability to do so, he is far from the worst.

Only force will stop these riots. Relentless, merciless force.

Funny how east Asia isn't having these riots. Sweden, England, Germany, they all have different social systems. Yet they are all having major social disturbances.

I think it's a bizarre mixture of
  • being young
  • being male
  • being drunk
  • getting likes for sharing video of attacks on police
  • being wannabe gangsta
  • somehow feeling targeted by police
  • getting support via media (racist police, etc.)
  • seeing pictures from the US (it is possible to attack the police)
  • being from cultural backgrounds that utterly disrespect the state, rule of law, and democracy
  • not being able to have a proper outlet for months due to Corona
  • all these bad news people now gathering in one place in public to party without "normal" folks inbetween
I really hope for some fast and harsh sentences (harsh = more than a year). Even more important is that they go after them and get as many as possible.

None will go to prison over that, some community service and stuff maybe.

Funny how east Asia isn't having these riots. Sweden, England, Germany, they all have different social systems. Yet they are all having major social disturbances.

Yeah, East Asia is having different riots.

Yeah, East Asia is having different riots.
Well Hong Kong is. But that's almost and independence movement for all intents and purposes. Japan, Korea, the good one and Taiwan are free of this nonsense

Well Hong Kong is. But that's almost and independence movement for all intents and purposes. Japan, Korea, the good one and Taiwan are free of this nonsense

Different culture, hard to judge :)

Let me be clear. We never had something like that here. In Germany, yeah, there are enough cities where this would not have been a surprise. But not here.

People have had it world wide with being hassled by police over nonsense

At this point if no ones being raped robbed or murdered cops should step the fuck off

Its not their fault elected officials used them as pawns to appear tough om crime and turned cops into nanny state revenue collectors but thats where were at

Wow you're a fucking moron

Lol. Haven't heard a single word about this in Swedish media.

People have had it world wide with being hassled by police over nonsense

At this point if no ones being raped robbed or murdered cops should step the fuck off

Its not their fault elected officials used them as pawns to appear tough om crime and turned cops into nanny state revenue collectors but thats where were at

Ok, but destroy and loot over it?

Back