Stupidest and best fighter nicknames:

Ponzinibbio
Borachihha
or any of those Brazilian/Argentinian nicknames
Ponzinibbio is the guy's family name.

Borrachinha in portuguese means little rubber or eraser.
His big brother was called the rubber man(homem borracha) due to his elasticity and then people started calling Paulo borrachinha.

best - the phenom, rumble
worst - twinkle toes, the promise

Best:
Violent Bob Ross
Cuban Missile Crisis
Andre "Touchy" Fili

One of the stupidest is "The Count." Did he name himself after a freaking Sesame Street character that is decidedly non-threatening? Does he think he is royal? Another is "War Machine." Not a bad name, but bad by associating it with that fighter. Kinda like Jens Pulver if he called himself "King Kong." He might wanna rethink that one.

One of the best was "Axe Murderer." The perfect name for the uber-violent Brazilian who wielded it. His first two fights with Rampage showed how appropriate it was. Another was "Chansaw" McCarthy. Badass. I wanted him to succeed, but he only won one of his UFC fights. He made the receiving end of Loiseau's highlight reel, and lost to "The Count" in his last UFC fight. Cool as Hell name though.

You know your nickname is badass when people just think it’s your real first name.

You know your nickname is badass when people just think it’s your real first name.

The strongest case is probably Kongo, I have never heard anyone say Cheik Ouedraogo.

The Good ones

The Last Emperor- loud as fuck nickname, but Fedor just deserved it. With what we know now it was prophetic too

CroCop- that's so awesome and fitting that i think even his mother stopped call him Mirko

Legionarius- I liked it because Sakara wanted to show his love for Rome in an humble way. It was'nt the emperor, a showboat the gladiator or even the centurion. Alessio just picked the stoic silent figure of the basic footsoldier

Pitbull- Alves having it. Maybe one of the less original names ever, but Alves fucking incarnate it. Small ball of ripped muscles, violent and powerful af

The Spider- Anderson with his great muay thai had the 8 weapons just like the spider have his 8 legs. Also sound cool on a "lanky" black fighter

The Bad ones

Shogun- Rua was awesome but he was a young brazilian doing muay thai LOL, he had nothing to do with "Shogun" aside fighting in japanese org

Minotauro- while surely Big Nog showed mythical ability to survive beatings, his style was about the opposite of the bull-head creature that was violent, powerful, savage... make you think a completely different fighter

The Terror- I'm the first to say Matt Serra career is criminally underrated, but who was "terrified" of him?

The Eagle- Khabib. Camon dude, you're no eagle, you're a bear

Beastin' 25/8 was what made him interesting in the first place. He should never have changed it

The strongest case is probably Kongo, I have never heard anyone say Cheik Ouedraogo.

I was referring to Rampage whom the OP casually slipped in without mentioning.

Your post made me think of Jacare as well.

A lot of the great contenders for worst nickname have been mentioned already, but I haven't seen Jacob "Christmas" Volkmann.

Back