Stupidest and best fighter nicknames:

daniel "dc" cormier

talk about unoriginal

One of the stupidest is "The Count." Did he name himself after a freaking Sesame Street character that is decidedly non-threatening? Does he think he is royal?
“My ancestor was actually a Polish count back in the day. In the Middle Ages, I think around the 1300's he played a part in the battle, and for what he achieved, because he helped win the war, they gave him the title of count and a bunch of land.

They were living a nice life until the Germans invaded in World War II. They lined the whole family up against the wall, and shot them all dead and my granddad was the only one that made it out alive. He came to England, had my dad, and I grew up on a council estate.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/12/22/5235780/ufc-michael-bisping-origin-of-the-count-nickname

i really dont like these "the pitbull" "the tiger" "the eagle" fighter nicknames... the 80s movies already was full with those names. nicks like "el cucuy" "notorious" are creative and sounds more individual..
same to "the count".. i like it that bisping doesnt take himself that serious in that point and brings fcn sesam street to the UFC.. hhaha i like it.. bisping says with that nick.. the ufc is the sesam street and im im "the count" in that. hahah

i like those nicknames more than something like "the gorilla".

TJ Dillasnake
Matt The Immortal Brown
Fedor The Last Emperor Emelianenko

90% of nicknames are cringeworthy and clearly made up by the fighter...nicknames are given by your friends or family, to that end robert whittaker has the best and one of the worst.
The reaper is shit and clearly tha5 is just trying too hard, however he seems to refuse to acknowledge the whole mma community has actually given him one of the GOAT nicknames.

Current worst nickname would be 'belal REMEMBER THE NAME muhamed' that is fucking awful...and Corey Anderson should never be allowed to live down beasting 25/8, that was dreadful.

Basically with few exceptions no nicknames you made yourself that make you sound like a create a fighter in ufc video game. A nickname is a name that is used instead of your birth name naturally not a stupid word you add to your walk out
Just to balance out the negative, a few cool ones:

Shogun, cro cop, rampage, BJ Penn, Bas Rutten, most people would never even think to call these guys by their birth name.
I had totally forgotten about Remember The Name. It is terrible, and terribly ineffective at the same time.

“The Spider” is the best IMO

Worst... fuck. There’s so many terrible ones. Too many to pick from.

Stupidest and the best, all rolled into one.

Barn Cat

One of the stupidest is "The Count." Did he name himself after a freaking Sesame Street character that is decidedly non-threatening? Does he think he is royal? Another is "War Machine." Not a bad name, but bad by associating it with that fighter. Kinda like Jens Pulver if he called himself "King Kong." He might wanna rethink that one.

"King of the streets" Marco ruas is the most badass sounding name. Showeather or beastin 25/8 have to be the dumbest

My favorite nickname by far has to be Paul "Tellys" Kelly. It is absurd and sublime at the same time, the story behind it is quite simple but amusing. It's definitely a nickname I wouldn't mind having myself.

One of the best was "Axe Murderer." The perfect name for the uber-violent Brazilian who wielded it. His first two fights with Rampage showed how appropriate it was.

Did Wanderlei murder an axe to earn that nickname?

Back